A Slow Regard For Silent Things -part 1-

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

A Slow Regard For Silent Things -part 1-

Postby Landrian on Mon May 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Landrian sat on a stool staring into the amber liquid that filled his cup, it seemed like only days ago that he had confided in Aariam that her leadership was the only reason he had joined her order. The irony of it all had'nt evaded him mear days after he had told her she left leaving him with a few the remaining members and no plans for the future.

"You would'nt happen to be Landrian would ya?" a voice to his left asked.

"If i was what would you want?" Landrian replied not looking up from his drink.

"To offer you a job..a mutaul freind said that if i was in trouble you would be the man to help".

"I don't take on jobs anymore so they must not be that good a freind if they didn't tell you that" Landrian said turning to face the heavily bearded face of a human.

"She thought you might say no so she wrote this to give to you" The human answered smiling and handing over a crinckled envelope,Landrian grunted as he snatched the envelope out of the mans hand and tore it open.

So i'm dead then huh
that is the only reason you would be getting this letter, it feels strange writing knowing that someone will be reading this after your death, that is unless you died aswell but we both know that won't happen you beinf to stubborn to die you'll probably out live death himself.

but back to the reason i wrote this, Gared has coming asking for your help and you have rejected him like i knew you would, but here's the thing Lando he is a good man kind of like how you used to be before everything took its toll on you, i trust Gared and so should you i helped him with a few problems a while back and they've obviously come back to haunt him, i wont explain what it was thats for him to tell you, but if he has come to find you he is desperate so you WILL help him and it WILL be for free.

You have a good heart Landrian it has just been warped by pain help him please Lando my love and maybe he can help you regain a small measure of your humanity.

Landrian placed the letter on the table infront of him a small tear falling onto one corner of it.

"I assume you are Gared" Landrian muttered.

"I am" Gared responded keeping back.

"Well then Gared it looks like i have no choice but to help you and you've picked a good time to come there's little reason for me to stay here to watch things fall apart" Landrian said as he rose from his stool and downed his drink.

It's taking me a while to finishthis story so i've broken it into parts while i write the end just to give you a little glimpse of what landrians upto while i cant get on the PC
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: A Slow Regard For Silent Things -part 1-

Postby Eluvere on Tue May 03, 2016 11:28 am

Tsk tsk, with the humans again! :D
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Elysar on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Just read this (I don't really like to read a lot, so forgive the belated response!), it was really nice to get a little bit of insight into Landrian even though it's still pretty mysterious. I wonder what happened to him in the past and who wrote him the letter. Do write more! :)
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Hunter

Postby Landrian on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:30 am

In a fit of spite someone who shall remain unnamed destroyed my stories book with the other parts of this story in so probably wont rewrite them, And Ely you can find out a bit about his past and who wrote the letter from the other storie i have posted here if that helps clear up some things for you :D
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Class: Warrior

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞