An Unexpected Turn of Events

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: An Unexpected Turn of Events

Postby Lomenár on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Hate Me - Eurielle

A thousand pieces. A million tiny shards. All with jagged edges, sharp enough to cut deep, to draw blood. A stormy sea without end. Ominous-looking clouds obscuring the sky, the stars and the moons. She had no strength to continue to swim forwards, it was all she could do to keep herself afloat... and all around her, the shards. Cutting and tearing at her every time she so much as breathed. She had cried. She had raged. She had yelled. There was no answer, not even so much as a whisper. There was no one there to hear her. No one to help her keep going, no one to pull her out. She was all alone... all alone...

He was dead. She was sure of it now. She had waited for weeks, and he never appeared, and when her patience finally ran out, she had decided to leave Elodor and look for him. She hadn't found anything. There had been no clues as to his whereabouts, no trace of him... he was just... gone. It was if he'd never existed... except that the constant pain and ache in her heart made it impossible for her to believe the lie. It would have been easier if she could have just believed it and left it like that, it would have been such a relief if that had been possible... as it was, she couldn't. The never ending pain wore her down more and more each day until she couldn't even think about the next day. There was only the next breath, and the need to keep herself afloat. Nothing else.

She hadn't wanted to give up her search, but a part of her had finally realized that she couldn't keep looking forever either. The crushing weight of that realization paired with the pain was almost too much to bear. When she had first arrived in Shadowmoon Valley she had thought the place a complete marvel, exceptionally beautiful and she had been filled with hope that she and Theraluin would find each other again. Her necklace had still been warm back then. Now the necklace was cold. Frozen. Empty. Just like her heart. Shadowmoon Valley was just that... a valley filled with haunting shadows, not a grand place filled with hopes, dreams and adventure. There was nothing left for her here. It was time to go home.

She arrived in Darnassus several weeks later, exhausted and empty. She was just a shell, brittle and hollow. She didn't even bother unpacking when she reached her room at the bunkhouse, she didn't intend to stay long in the city anyway. She had made an attempt to search for her friends, but at the same time she feared their reaction if they saw her like this. It was best to just pass by unnoticed, like the shadow that she was. But before she could leave and seek out the solitude in the icy landscape of Winterspring she had one more task to attend to.

A shallow grave, dug with her own hands, by the roots of the same tree that they had danced underneath so many moons ago. The hole was just wide and deep enough to fit a single item into. Lomenár took a deep breath and clutched the necklace with its emerald to her breast one last time before she gently lowered the prized possession into the hole and carefully began to scoop dirt over it.
"Farewell, dear heart... by the light of Elune and the grace of Malorne, may we meet again."

(( Just to clarify; Theraluin isn't dead, Lomenár just believes him to be, but Theraluin's player is taking a break from WoW for an unknown amount of weeks/months/years. ))
Lomenár Nightsinger
Sentinel, Matriarch-Commander of the Blackmoon Sentinels - MIA

Tinwëtar Ravenmist
Priestess of the Moon, Commander of the Nightblade Sentinels

Sinami Swifthowl
Orc huntress and beastmaster, Oathbound and Varog'gor in training of the Orcs of the Red Blade.

Lomenár

Character: Lomenar
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Hunter

Postby Aariam on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Poor Lome. :( Don't think I've ever read about her being as broken up as this-... Like I said before, this has to be solved by copious amounts of tea with Aariam. ;)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Calisar on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:08 pm

A thousand pieces. A million tiny shards. All with jagged edges, sharp enough to cut deep, to draw blood. A stormy sea without end

Already captivating by the first line, loved it. Your writing is just... beautiful. ;)
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Soriah on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:24 am

Pretty words. :) Nicely done, Loms. :D
"Surely it does not matter whether or not I believe, when my real concern is... does Elune believe in me?" - Soriah Shadowfury
Soriah

Character: Soriah

Postby Lomenár on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Thank you guys! I'm really glad you like it. :)
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl
Orc huntress and beastmaster, Oathbound and Varog'gor in training of the Orcs of the Red Blade.

Lomenár

Postby Elysar on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Aww... that was such a sad read. Sorry that Thera decided to leave wow, but sometimes it's a good thing to get a break.

...until she couldn't even think about the next day. There was only the next breath

I liked this little part here, it really brings the reader "down to earth". How she, indeed almost like she's drowning, can only think few seconds ahead of time. Really well captured, Lome-san :)
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar

Postby Lomenár on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:21 am

Yeah. It's sad.

Aw... thank you! I'm really glad you liked it! :)
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl

Lomenár

Previous

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞