An Unexpected Turn of Events

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: An Unexpected Turn of Events

Postby Calisar on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 am

These two make an amazing pair, love the friction of their relationship and the fluidity of your writing really brings the tender and teasing scenes alive :D

Love it! Simply stunning hon... /chases with stick of moar!
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Soriah on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Ahhhh. <3 I'm not exactly sure what to write. You know how I feel about your writing. This? More of the same - and that is exactly what I want, if you would. :) So good.

What the hell does she see in him?! XD
"Surely it does not matter whether or not I believe, when my real concern is... does Elune believe in me?" - Soriah Shadowfury
Soriah

Character: Soriah
Class: Hunter

Postby Lomenár on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:10 am

Thanks guys! <3 They do make an interesting pair, I agree... was quite unexpected too, at least for me. ^^ But yeah, they are hilarious together. This particular scene ended with Thera dumping a bowl of water over Lome's head, making her -really- angry. :P

And Sori, you have to keep in mind that I have only shown you -very small- pieces of the RP that has been going on, there's some really lovey dovey stuff in there too which would probably make you understand why she eventually fell in love with him. As unlikely as that may sound. xD
Lomenár Nightsinger
Sentinel, Matriarch-Commander of the Blackmoon Sentinels - MIA

Tinwëtar Ravenmist
Priestess of the Moon, Commander of the Nightblade Sentinels

Sinami Swifthowl
Orc huntress and beastmaster, Oathbound and Varog'gor in training of the Orcs of the Red Blade.

Lomenár

Character: Lomenar
Realm: Argent Dawn

Postby Lomenár on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:40 am

And here's the next installment, a response to some of the RP that happened before I left for the US. It explains Lomenár's absence for the past two weeks (though to the rest of the Order she's been in Feralas). I hope you'll like it.

Moonlight - The Piano Guys

She was silently moving through the forest, stalking a herd of deer. Twilight made the shadows lengthen and morph into grotesque shapes and the moonlight drained all colour from her surroundings, painting the forest in a ghostly grey. She spotted her prey, a proud stag with a magnificent antlered crown. She nocked an arrow to her bow, aimed carefully, pulled the bow taut and released. The arrow flew true and embedded itself into the stag’s heart and he fell to the ground with a soft thud. Then Theraluin was there and they were feasting on the heart of the stag, sharing the triumph of the kill, blood dripping from their chins.

Suddenly they were embracing, kissing each other in frenzied passion, their hands tangling painfully in each other’s hair and their bodies pressed as close as their clothing would allow, as if they were trying to meld themselves into one single being. And then there was blood. Red. Hot. The thick and heavy scent drowning her senses, engulfing her in a red haze and making her forget about everything else besides the want, the -need-, to kill. She could feel the taste of his blood on her tongue, the scent of a fresh kill teasing her nostrils. A flash of crimson. Theraluin lying dead at her feet, his throat torn out…

Lomenár woke with a start, gasping and fighting the urge to scream out loud in horror. She looked around in panic, her gaze drifting to the sleeping form beside her. It was a dream… it was just a nightmare… Theraluin was sleeping soundly at her side, his arm curled possessively around her. But despite his calm breathing and his steady heartbeats and warmth against her back she did not feel reassured. Her dream… it had been a nightmare, this time… but she feared that it would become a reality. It almost had, as a matter of fact.

She pulled the covers aside and got up, shivering and clenching her teeth as the draft from the open windows washed over her sweat-drenched skin. She silently padded over to one of the windows, trying to ignore the cold, and stared out across the rooftops of Dolanaar. She had been able to pull herself back from the edge in the nick of time the last time she lost control, but what if she couldn’t do that next time? What if the bloodlust became too strong? What if the need to kill and taste blood became too overwhelming? She knew what she was capable of when she was caught up in the blood frenzy, and she feared for Theraluin.

“I love you, Lomenár Nightsinger. -All- of you. Fully and wholly, this doesn't change anything. You hear me?” His words to her were dimmed by the darkness of her nightmare, the grim reality of what she was capable of while under the influence of the blood craze. She had tried to keep it under control, and she was usually pretty good at it, but the events of the past couple of weeks had made her control slip. Her emotions were riding high and had been impossible to rein in and contain the way she usually did, and that meant that the iron grip she usually had over her self-control was slipping as well.

She looked over her shoulder towards the bed and the sleeping form of Theraluin. He looked so peaceful, his usual frown of disapproval was completely gone and had been replaced by a soft smile, as if he was having a really good dream. Perhaps he was. Lomenár quickly stomped down the urge to run back to the bed and curl up tightly against him, close her eyes and forget all her worries for a few more hours. But she knew she couldn’t. Dusk was fast approaching and she needed to make a decision. She owed it to herself as well as Theraluin to try to figure this out… to try to regain control. And to do that she needed time to think… she needed time away, far away.

She dressed and packed quickly and quietly. When she was done she walked over to the bed, clutching a small note in her grasp. She knelt down and gently brushed her lips against Theraluin’s cheek.
“I’m so sorry, dear heart, but I have to go… I will come back to you though, I promise.”
She leaned back a little and reached up behind her neck to unfasten the necklace she’d gotten from him. She removed it carefully and placed it upon her pillow, the silver filigree pooling around the emerald like a delicate spider web made out of moonlight. She traced a finger over the emerald and placed her hastily written note on top of it before she got to her feet, grabbed her pack and walked towards the door. She halted in the doorway for a moment, glancing back towards him one last time.
“I love you…”
The words sounded more like a goodbye than anything else and she sighed heavily as she stepped into the dusk and closed the door behind her.

Lomenár's note:
“Have gone to Winterspring. Need time to think, this is all so confusing. Will be back eventually. Don’t follow me.

Yours,
Lomenár”
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl
Orc huntress and beastmaster, Oathbound and Varog'gor in training of the Orcs of the Red Blade.

Lomenár

Postby Soriah on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:04 am

So I have a couple of problems. One is the fact that I'm losing ways to compliment your work (same with Cali's :P) without sounding repetitive. The second is that I have an unquenchable thirst as well, just as Lomenár does for blood... mine is for your stories. Now keep writing, or feel my wrath! :twisted:

Seriously though, this is excellent. Jus' sayin'.
"Surely it does not matter whether or not I believe, when my real concern is... does Elune believe in me?" - Soriah Shadowfury
Soriah

Postby Soriah on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 am

Actually I do have something more to comment on - the pacing. I loved the way you controlled the timing of this snippet. And I loved the very descriptive language used in the top two paragraphs. There, I added something. Now give me MOAR. :D
Soriah

Postby Theraluin on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Midnight In The Garden - The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Original Motion

Dawn approached. Despite being in a city covered by eternal twilight, he could still sense it. She had made a fool of him, he thought. A frown of disappointment forming beneath his cowl. In one of the manners, he loathed the most. She had not outsmarted him, nor tricked him. No, that kind of defeat would be more tangible…

He’d let out a bitter sigh as he lifted the fine true silver mesh that made up the enchanted necklace, with the smooth, polished emerald hanging at the bottom on an intricate platform, shaped like several antlers intertwining with one another..

No… This left a sour taste upon his tongue. His hand would clench around the delicate chains softly, stroking a thumb over the noble that was so like her hair, his harsh gaze softening for a moment, but a moment only. She had made him defeat himself. Lower himself down to the levels of the “oh so gallant” fools that was his joy in life to mock…

She had gone, left him a single note as to where she went – None too specific of course, she was a woman, after all. Along with the mention, that he should not come looking for her. Another test of his patience? Or a trial to see how much she meant to him? If he would break his promise of patience to her? Should he be concerned for her life? Should he even be concerned? The questions kept welling up like a geyser releasing a torrent of steaming water from beneath a cold an icy lake. Her tale of how she had once gone to these lands to die still rung clear in his mind, and as much as he despised himself for it, he felt a pang of worry grasp his ancient heart.

"Get yourself together, old fool." He’d sigh and return the fine piece of jewelry to a pocket within his robes. He had had- the means to track her down. A precaution he had learned to appreciate, and had saved her life already once. And like a gallant fool he had, upon the same night as he confessed his feelings for her, destroyed his means to tracking her down. In an incredibly noble gesture of trust… A wave of sickness and spite for himself washed over the old highborn.

He’d pinch the bridge of his nose between two glowed fingers. “Get yourself together, old fool.” Was his mental mantra for a few moments… She was competent and familiar with those wilds. Unless she had indeed gone there to die, which it didn’t seem, she would be well enough on her own without him poking his nose around… A sigh would escape him, as he would lean against the small pedestal in front of him. He would let her spend her time as she’d see it fit in those wilds. Should she stay with her thoughts in those cold lands for too long however, he would seek her out, if for nothing else, to make sure that he’d return with more than just a stiff corpse.

He would lift his golden gaze, eyes narrowed sharply. He would bide his time… For now.
Theraluin Dawnspire -Former Archmage of the Natures Grasp [MIA]- *Is too busy scribbling in his book to give a qoute worth noting.*

Rargnasha Bloodmark - Rrosh'tul of the Red Blade - "As a Newblood once taught me; Honour is like a many-headed beast, each set of eyes that look upon it, see a different head."
Theraluin

Character: Theraluin
Class: Mage

Postby Calisar on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:32 pm

A gorgeous lyrical tale, on both sides, damn you are both very gifted ;)

Next helping now please! *waits impatiently with Soriah*
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Soriah on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Ooooo liking the other side to this! Thank you for giving us an extra perspective on this tale, Thera. :) :)

*waits patiently with Calisar*
Soriah

Postby Kaldur on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Love it Lome. It's fantastic how you turn that twisted dream into a nightmare. And her decision to leave with a note of goodbye was real sweet.
My only criticism is that I got a little confused at the very end - did she write two notes? (Now I'm just been picky).

Thera! I was laughing so much through the first half of yours - in a good way :D . After reading Lomes and yours straight after each other the contrast in their emotions was incredible. His feelings for her, as well as his Highborne character, come across so well.
The tense on your last two paragraphs doesn't seem right - but it doesn't take anything from the story (I'm been picky again because I think its good!)

*taps foot impatiently along with Calisar and Soriah*
Kaldur Winterwind
The Old Bear. Former Keeper of the Order of Natures Grasp.

Amaeya Moonsorrow
Priestess, Peacemaker, and a Shining Beacon of Silver Light

Kreska Stormraven
Killer of Highborne, Historys' Assassin, a Dark Legend - missing presumed dead
Kaldur
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Kaldur
Class: Druid

Postby Lomenár on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Thank you guys! :) I'm really glad that you seem to enjoy reading the story just as much as I enjoy writing it. :) and Kal, she only wrote one note. The last bit in the quote is her note. Perhaps I should specify that. :)
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl

Lomenár

Postby Elysar on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Caught up with your stories now Lomz and I do agree that they're delightful. Sorry for slow reaction to it but I'm sure you know why :) Do write more! (Ps. I miss you! :) )
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar

Postby Lomenár on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:01 am

Just a short little snippet I wrote up tonight... enjoy!

When the Darkness Comes - Colbie Caillat

She was running. The wind was fierce and tore at her clothing and armour as she sped across the grassy meadows of Shadowmoon Valley. Her hood snapped back and her hair streamed out behind her like a silvery banner made out of pure moonlight. Isil was loping beside her, the great cat easily keeping pace with her companion and Ráma soared far above the pair. Lomenár kept her gaze staring blindly ahead as she ran, neither looking left or right, and it was by sheer luck, or possibly a miracle, that she didn't trip and fall. She seemed filled to brim with restless energy and she ran as if she was possessed, her breakneck speed carrying her further and further away from the relative safety of Elodor.

When she reached a small grove of trees she abruptly came to a halt and fell to her knees, as if her legs had finally given out from underneath her. She remained like that for several long moments, as still and immovable as stone, and after a while Isil came padding over quietly. The saber studied her friend closely and let out a questioning sound. Lomenár didn't move. Either she hadn't heard it, or she didn't want to hear it, but her lack of response made the great cat glance worriedly up at Ráma, who had perched in one of the trees. The owl fluttered down to seat himself on Lomenár's shoulder and nipped at her earlobe, but that didn't provoke a reaction either. Cat and owl looked at one another and then at Lomenár and after a moment they seemed to come to some sort of agreement, because Ráma tucked his head underneath Lomenár's chin and Isil curled herself protectively around the kaldorei woman. The two animals shared a second look, and then they settled in to wait.

A night not so very long ago. Two souls dancing together underneath the stars, the pair embodying the meaning of the word "kaldorei" this night - they are the true Children of the Stars. Both possessing silver hair and fair, light purple and blue skin. She has glittering silver eyes, his are the same gold as the sun...

Another night, the same two souls sitting together in companionable silence at a table. The silence is broken by her after a while and a friendly argument ensues... the argument turns into a tousle and some kind of green goo seems to be the weapon of choice. The argument ends when he dumps a bowl of water over her head...

A third night. The land around them is red as blood and black smoke clouds the sky. Drums of war can be heard far off in the distance, but in this small hollow in the mountains they are in a world completely their own. They lie twined in each other's arms, her grip on him almost desperate and his around her is protective and comforting. He strokes her hair and sings softly to her, a song with words of light and hope, lulling her into much needed sleep...

After several hours a shudder went through Lomenár's body and she fell forward, beating the ground with her fists and letting out a piercing wail of anguish and sorrow. Tears streamed down her face and no matter what the two animals tried, they couldn't seem to get through to her. She didn't stop until her hands were beaten bloody and her nails broken to splinters. She took a few sobbing breaths and gripped the necklace around her throat with one hand, the tiniest light of hope shining in her eyes. But there was no answering warmth from the necklace, hadn't been for weeks now, and the hope in Lomenár's eyes flickered and died, like the flame of a candle. Easily lit, but just as easily blown out again.

The assault on the portal had been complete chaos and in the midst of the raging battle she had lost sight of Theraluin. They had gone into the fray together, but they didn't come out of it together... she had looked for him, of course she had, and in the end the others had had to drag her away and onto one of the ships that would take them away to safety. That was several weeks ago.

She had kept one hand around the necklace as often as she could since then and at first there had been an answering warmth, but the stone had suddenly gone cold one day and despite her trying to continue to hope, she feared the worst. He might just have lost the necklace... he might be lying dead in the jungle somewhere. There was no way of knowing. All she could do was wait. But she had watched and waited for weeks, and there was still no sign of him. She knew he was most likely dead and forever lost to her, but a small part of her still clung to that last shred of hope; that he might still be alive.

She suddenly turned and flung herself around Isil's neck, hugging the great cat as if her life depended on it, sobbing uncontrollably. She wanted, she -needed-, to believe that he was still alive and out there somewhere, but it was becoming increasingly hard to do so... but she would hold on for one more day... she would keep waiting and praying that the love they shared would bring him back to her...somehow.
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl

Lomenár

Postby Soriah on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Awww. Sad. :( Poor Lomenar.

I like the writing, Loms. :) Keep it up. I like how this one kinda linked the previous ones. Helps to remind us that this is one continuous story, and not just little separate ones.
Soriah

Postby Lomenár on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Thank you Sori! ^^ Yeah, it's still an ongoing storyline, even though nothing much has happened with it lately. Will try to change that. ^^
Lomenár Nightsinger

Tinwëtar Ravenmist

Sinami Swifthowl

Lomenár

PreviousNext

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞