Untitled.

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Untitled.

Postby Seiya on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:14 am

Just a little something more than the short freewrites I've been coming up with lately. Still not much but any writing is good writing even if it's not what I'm supposed to be working on.

Just a short introduction to Avessia.

I know I need help. What time was altoholics anonymous again?

~*~*~

Avessia closed her eyes as she knelt by the moonwell, silently thanking Elune for seeing her safely there and a gentle breeze ruffled her long dark hair in response, or that’s what she liked to believe. She remained silent and bowed for a while, praying for the brothers, sisters, and allies who had lost their lives in that cursed other world, and praying that those who were still fighting out there would return safely in time. She tried to ignore the pang of guilt she felt for leaving them there, but she felt that it was her time to return.

Opening her silvery eyes, she looked around the peaceful grove, her presence was fitting. On her way to join the armies in the Blasted Lands, she had stopped to pray in the Grove, it was only right that she did the same on her return journey.

Her ear twitched as she felt something cold press against it and she smiled, her arm wrapping around Ylva, burying her hand into the wolf’s fur. The circling raven cawed and landed on her head.

“I wouldn’t leave you out.” She smiled and reached up with her other hand to gently stroke Corva’s soft black feathers.

She adored her companions, even if she didn’t know where the raven had come from, or why it had taken to her company, the young wolf she’d rescued as a small pup finding her by her mother’s cold body. She’d taken the pup in and reared much to her feline comrade’s dismay. She glanced back, Istha was lying nearby, and her attention was fixed on the trees.

Avessia frowned and picked up her bow as she pushed herself to her feet, causing Corva to fly to the trees. Her left hand fell to the quiver strapped across her thigh, fingers brushing the arrows, despite seeming relaxed, she was ready, Ylva brushed against her right leg, passing to explore the trees.

“Apologies.” A female voice spoke from the shadows. “I had no intention to disturb you, or your companions.”

“Then perhaps you should reveal yourself and not skulk in the shadows like a thief in the night.” Avessia replied, watching the other figure move from her cover.

Ylva growled and Istha stood, moving to Avessia’s other side.

Avessia watched the kaldorei woman who removed her hood and shook out her silvery hair. There was something about the stranger that made Avessia feel uncomfortable enough to rest her hand on her dagger. She paused, taking in the other woman’s appearance again. “Seiya? Is that really you?”

“Avessia, how…unexpected to see you again dear sister. How are have you been?” Seiya asked.

Avessia smiled wearily. “Well enough, yourself?”

“Well enough,” Seiya echoed with a strained smile.

Avessia watched her old friend closely, there was definitely something…off about her. The flicker of madness in her eyes was disconcerting. What had she been through in the last millennia while away from home? “Well, I cannot stay, I need to board a ship. Perhaps we can speak properly soon?”

“Of course, I shall remain here if you wish to seek me out in the future.”

Avessia smiled slightly and inclined her head as she climbed onto Istha’s back, resting her bow across her lap. “Until we meet again, sister.” She did not wait for a response before urging the saber on, not feeling comfortable in the presence of her former sister in arms.

It was not a lie at least, she did need to board the next boat to southern Kalimdor, smiling to herself as her thoughts turned to her beloved daughter. She couldn’t wait to see her after nearly a year. If the ship made good time then she’d be there in time for her three hundredth birthday.

Her smile faded briefly, their parting had not been a good one. The wilful girl had wanted to go running off to war, but her little moon was too precious to lose in a battle. Of course she had been trained well and had been in small skirmishes, but that was nothing in the face of being on a battlefield, the unending exhaustion and relentless fighting – no, she’d not been able subject her daughter to that.

Of course, her precious child had not been so understanding. Avessia just hoped that she’d stayed out of trouble and was doing well.

Ylva trotted along at her side and Corva circled above them in the sky, keeping an eye on the road ahead in the cursed Duskwood and beyond.
Seiya Shadowfury
Jaideth Frostborne
Seiya

Character: Seiya
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Mage

Re: Untitled.

Postby Aariam on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:45 am

Oh, looking forward to meet this new character. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Edradir on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:51 am

Wonderful to see another being friends with a Raven. :)
Edradir also shares a strong bond with his companion raven Sneath.
Hopefully she will cross the Order on her path.

Though, I wonder what is becoming of Seiya.
And how it will be when she comes across the Order or Aslaya who still keeps Seiya as friend.

Also a nice read. :)
Edradir

Postby Seiya on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks guys <3

Aariam wrote:Oh, looking forward to meet this new character. :D

She seems to be a nice stable one...hopefully. Poor Aari deserves someone sane and reliable.

Edradir wrote:Wonderful to see another being friends with a Raven. :)
Edradir also shares a strong bond with his companion raven Sneath.
Hopefully she will cross the Order on her path.

Though, I wonder what is becoming of Seiya.
And how it will be when she comes across the Order or Aslaya who still keeps Seiya as friend.

Also a nice read. :)

^^ I thought it would make a change of pace than only a saber.

As for Sei she believes that her actions however twisted were justified. She doesn't know why I keep calling her mad, she thinks she's perfectly fine ;D

Be interesting to see how Aslaya is with her when they next see each other.
Seiya Shadowfury
Jaideth Frostborne
Seiya

Character: Seiya
Class: Mage

Postby Aariam on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Seiya wrote:Thanks guys <3

Aariam wrote:Oh, looking forward to meet this new character. :D

She seems to be a nice stable one...hopefully. Poor Aari deserves someone sane and reliable.

Damn right! Or Aariam will get nasty. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞