Dwarf hunt

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Dwarf hunt

Postby Landrian on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:03 am

So this ones going to be a little longer then the last i'll break it up into sections and post each section as and when i have them finished, again criticism is welcome as it can only help improve my writing. ^^

Landrian threw the closed tent flap open looking at the back of the imposing figure infront of him,Carter was large for a human and his temper was quick to flare, but he was also practical and had a keen view of stratergy all in all he was a good leader.

"Carter with Simmons gone we are short a capable fighter" Landrian stated.

"Yeah and whose fault is that then aye" Carter said turning to face Landrian.

"well,mine but"

"yes yours, you mad the problem so you fix it"Carter said quickly cutting Landrian off "you have three days till we move out for our next job i suggest you start searching now" Carter signalled with his fingers the number three then waved his hand and turned back to his map clearly finished with the discussion.

Landrian stormed out of the tent marching across the camp site and slumped down next to Willow against a fallen tree trunk.

"Copper for your thoughts" Willow said not looking up from the daggers she was cleaning.

"Just the one" Landrian countered raising a eyebrow

"are your thoughts worth that much more, or will you grace me with your musings oh wise and ancient elf" Willow joked giving Landrian a playful push, who in return grabbed her pulling her in and holding her close.

"With Simmons gone we need to find a replacment and since i caused the issue Carter says its my problem to solve".

"I'm not seeing a problem here Landrian"

"i have no clue who to look for or where to look"

"well then lucky for you i know just the dwarf we need, i'll get the horses and you wait here, he's not that far from here we'll be there and back in no time" Willow beamed getting up and rushing off in the direction of the horses.

"Wait, Willow did you say Dwarf" Landrian called after her shaking his head when no reply was given.

Landrian had changed into his light leather travelling clothes, choosing mobility and comfort over protection and since they had cleared out the bandits a week ago no trouble was expected.

"Horses clearly are not meant for males to ride" Landrian complained shifting awkwardly in his saddle.

"If you dont ride horses what did you" Willow asked

"sabers they are a lot smarter and more agile then a horse, a lot more comfortable to ride aswell" Landrian replied shifting again.

"You dont talk much about your people or your past Landrian tell me about your family and where you come from" Willow said perking up at the opportunity to learn more.

she didnt wear her hood and was eager to learn more about him since the incident with Simmons Landrian wasnt sure what but something about her had changed. He sat there silently looking at the trees around them and the slowly approaching road, lifting his chin slightly he felt the cool wind blow against his neck.

"it's always like this when i ask abut anything related to your family" Willow sighed pulling up next to him.

"i am sorry, really i am but i am not ready to talk about my family yet" Landrian muttered turning to face her his eyes showing the pain he tried to hide "soon though i promise".

He hadn't noticed much of Willows apperance before but now as they rode out of the woods and onto the road the soft tread giving way to the sound of hooves clapping against stone he really saw her in all her glory, she had pale skin white almost like fresh snow, her armour perfectly framed her athletic body and enhanced other features he glanced quickly at, Hair as black as night fell loosley onto her shoulders and the red scar running from her right temple down to her chin the only blemish on a otherwise beautiful woman.

"If you keep looking at me like that your going to make me blush" Willow grinned "Stormwind's just ahead i'll race you" Willow laughed pushing her horse into a gallop.
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: Dwarf hunt

Postby Salirien on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm seeing improvements in your writing already, Lan! That's great! I'm excited to see where the story leads, keep 'em coming :D
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Aariam on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 am

Much easier to follow and read, and very interesting. Looking forward to know even more of Landrian's past. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Landrian on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:31 pm

A not so grand entrance

Landrian felt uneasy as the great walls of Stormwind loomed over him, it was nothing like the beautiful woodlands of Ashenvale vibrant and full of life,here the walls made him feel trapped a prison of their own making kepping them pent in like cattle.

"Is this gonna be like the day we met" Willow asked walking up to landrian and pushing him to start walking again

"I don't think i will get used to just how big this place is" Landrian muttered his gaze wandering from wall to building as he walked absent minded into Stormwind stopping every few steps to look at something on display, Willow slid her hand into Landrians own much bigger hand smiling as he turned raising a quizical eyebrow.

"If you insist on stopping every two seconds then we'll never find our Dwarf besides i can't have you wandering off and falling in the canal can i"

"The Dwarf what is his name" Landrian asked for the first time taking intrest in who they where after.

"Gilran,Gilran Ironbeard he's a family friend he'll help....for me anyway"

They walked or in Landrians case was dragged through Stormwind it seeming like a endless maze of houses and shops, turning this way and that way willow guided them with all the skill of someone who had grown up in the city.Neither spoke anymore Landrian taking in the sights and Willow focused on the destination, they both failed to notice the on rushing Dwarf come charging out of a connecting alleyway and plough into Landrian leaving them all a mass of arms and legs.Voices blurred into one around him as Landrian opened his eye's pushing the Dwarf away from him confused by what had just happened.

"Grab him while his down".

"What about him" a kick to Landrians ribs followed this question.

"what about him" came the confused reply

"Well he might talk to the guard's" This was followed by foot steps and someone slapping him on the back of the head bringing Landrian slowly back to his sense's.

"You wont talk will ya buddy....hey i'm talking to you" another slap but this time ther was a chorus of laughter.

Three..no four of them and they want the Dwarf, what about Willow they did'nt mention her Landrian's mind raced to catch up with the present as he pushed himself onto his feet turning to face the voice. Four figures clad head to toe in black where present two knelt by the Dwarf and one stood over Willow who managed to hit her head during the tangle, the last and obviously the leader stood directly infront of him breath smelling of stale ale and decaying teeth.

"Well will ya talk" the leader demanded sending a fresh wave of foul breath in Landrian's direction Pushing against his chest at the same time, a familiar cold sensation crept out from the pit of Landrian's stomach spreading through out his body time seemed to freeze as it pushed out all feeling's of doubt. Landrian allowed his body to go limp with the push bringing his arms up and folding them along the fore arm of this assailnt pushing down quickly the bone snapping wiht an audible crack.He looked down at the shocked mans half covered face smiling as he watched the colour drain and turn ghostly white.

"why..."the leader started but Landrian lashed out connecting with an open hand blow that floored him.

Cries of alarm to his left drew his attention turning he saw the Dwarf had woke up and was firmly gripping the wrist of one f the thugs

"Leave these two ta me lad" the Dwarf called springing to his feet still clutching the wrist of his would be abductor, A tap on his shoulder brought his attention back to the remaining man why has he tapped me on the shoulder he could have attacked

"oh.... i'm sorry please let me go i won't cause no trouble you and the girl and dwarf can just leave" the thug pleaded dropping to his knee's, normally his pleads would have been accpeted by Landrian but now in the full grip of this cold emotionless state he could only think what a mistake giving him freedom would be.Twice Landrian struck bringing his knee into the man's face feeling nose and teeth break under the barrage.

"Ah lad i think he's down... you really dun a number on these boys didn ya" the Dwarf said approachingLandrian who turned his eyes wild and teeth bared in a snarl.

"woah there lad ya lass looks in a... Willow is tha Willow" Gasped the Dwarf running to her side.

the cold feeling running through his body and numbing his emotions slowly seeped back into the pit where it came from leaving Landrian tired and with a strange burning throbbing pain in his right shoulder, reaching back he could feel the hard leathery handle of a knife which he gripped and yanked out dropping it to the floor his mind exploded with pain leading his vision to blur and legs to buckle I guess he did'nt tap me after all he thought as the world went dark.
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Nice work, Lando! I did never even consider I would enjoy reading stories about a kaldorei mercenary -oh the blasphemy! ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Aariam on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:00 am

Stormwind, what an awful, awful place. ;)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Landrian on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:26 am

Eluvere wrote:Nice work, Lando! I did never even consider I would enjoy reading stories about a kaldorei mercenary -oh the blasphemy! ;)
Yay thank's Elu don't worry it can be our secret :D .

Aariam wrote:Stormwind, what an awful, awful place. ;)
Less theives then in Kalimdor everywhere we go somethings been stolen :lol:
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Aariam on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:44 am

Ha, too true. :D Liked the read, looking forward to the next part. :3

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Edradir on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Oh Landrian is stabbed, interesting to see how it will turn out.

Your writings have become more readable as being said by the others.
Keep it coming, I say.
Edradir

Postby Landrian on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks Ed, this one leads upto the ending so it may be a little short :)

Landrian wandered through a cold world absent of light apart from the faint glow of the blurred ghost's that haunted his mind their faces twisted into expressions of pain and fear, the air around him was filled with their last gasp's for air and screams.

"Lan what are you doing?" came a voice from behind causing him to turn around.

"Mother?" He called as the world warped from darkness into the forest of Ashenvale.

"He got you good son" Landrian's father said as he and his wife materlialized infornt of him.

"What have i told you about leaving yourself open, never turn your back on an enemy" his mother chastised him.

"Shhh Aryen it's done now, but look at him look at our boy"

"Lan why do you do this, you have abandoned your sister's and the Kaldoeri for what!"Aryen's face twisted from a loving smile to a stern gaze.

Landrian's father struck him quickly on his cheek his hand passing straight through his head.

"Fenris" Aryen called placing a hand on his shoulder. A cold wetness washed over Landrian as he felt a tugging at his mind unable to move.

"Our hero,our brave...killer" Fenris sneered more ghostly apperitions appearing next to them, a string of whispered words assualting him bringing him to his knee's as the ghost's swarmed him cold fingers passing through him.

"Don't you dare leave me Landrian,It's just a scratch you can get through this" a single hope filled voice amid the chaos was calling him trying to pull him out of the darkness.

"You going to abandon us for a human like you did Calandrath and Felurian" Fenris whispered into his ear.

"Come back to us...to me" the voice beckoned the dream around him flickering slightly in response.

"Lan...look at me" Aryen said placing a cold hand against his cheek,Landrian looked at her beautiful face frozen as it was frozen in his memory blood trickling from a smiling mouth and down her neck staining her clothes a thick black arrow protruding from her chest.

"You blame yourself but you shouldnt....i love you" she said pushing at him her hands solid unlike the others pushing him over and down so he his falling backwards wind rushing past voices in his ear blurring from one into two until he jolts forward gasping fro breath and alone.

"Shoulda ben there for ya" he heard a dwarf say.

"Don't worry Gilran it wasnt your fault" Willow replied.

"I could have stopped him..coulda dun somethin"Gilran said his voice catching.

"Shh shhh come here, you're getting tears in your beard, no one could have seen it coming we all knew what he was like and now i have this to remind me everyday".

Landrian climbed out of the bed he was laying in his body screaming at him to stay put, Willow and Gilran where sitting by a fireplace Gilran's hand was resting along Willow's scarred cheek his eyes wet with tears.

"Well lass i won be leaving ya again"Gilran declared wiping at his eyes "ya got yourself a fighter Elfy" he said turning to Landrian smiling slightly.
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Aariam on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am

Poor, tormented Landrian. Keep on going, dude. :D Really looking forward to the finale!

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Landrian on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:18 pm

"How long was i out" Landrian asked as he struggled to a chair his body fighting him at everystep.

"A day, Gilran had to borrow a cart to get you here, you where out cold nothing we did woke you up" Willow replied rushing to his side and easing him into a chair.

"We can't stay here they are leaving tomorrow we have to get back to camp" Landrian saidtrying to get up but willow pushed him back into the chair. "You're in no state to do anything" she scolded him.

"Listen to her elfy the knife had a poison of some kind on it ya weak from the effects" Gilrans voice boomed from behind his salt and pepper beard.

"It is Landrian not elfy or elf or anything else you can think of Dwarf"

"Have it ya way Elfy".

Landrian lungeed from his chair reaching out for Gilran but his body weak from the poison didnt respond causing him to fall and land his face banging hard on the wooden floor.

"And that Landrian is why we canny go yet" Gilran laughed.

Landrian grunted a response angry at being goaded into looking a fool, his legs where numb and hands and arms felt like they where being stabbed by a thousand tiny needles, he shaked as he tried to push himself up. "No let me do it myself" he growled at Willow as she tried to help him up when he collapsed back to the floor.

a tapping at the edge of his hearing drew Landrians attention tap tap...tap tap, rats maybe he turned his head placing an ear to the cold floor flinching slightly from its frosty kiss, muffled voices tap tap someone downstairs was having a conversation tap tap the tapping was driving him insane like someone knocking against his head wanting to break in,tap tap raised voices a scream heavy footsteps on the stairs and doors crashing.

"Lad if ya gettin up no teh time" Gilran shouted running from the other room.

Pain coursed thrugh Landrians body as he tried to push himself up, the door was blown off its hinges splinters and flame flying everywhere a man in a black robe stepped through the remaining frame a knife thrown from somewhere behind Landrian stopped him in his advance leaving him motionless on the floor.

"Ya just goin ta lay there lad" Gilran said stepping over Landrian and meeting two men as they rushed through the door, his axe took the first man above the groin severing a few fingers as he tried to sheild the blow, the second man advanced a few more steps before another of Willows knives flew into his throat, he landed infront of Landrian coughing blood into his face as he lay there sucking in air in a futile attempt to prolong his life.

"Elfy get up we canny hold them all" Gilran shouted as more footstep and the tapping noise came from the stairs.

"Who are they" Willow shouted from her hiding place.

"He know's who we are" a dry voice rasped from outside "GIVE ME BACK MY AMULET AND I SHALL GRANT YOU A QUICK AND PAINFUL DEATH".

"If its quick how will i know it's painful" Gilran mocked the voice.

"Do not test me dwarf, there are more of us then you the girl an your kaldorei friend, speaking of whom how is he the madness on that blade should be coursing through his blood by now, i wonder what horror's he dreams of the posion brings forth our guolt you kno one of my greatest creations, it kills eventually give me the amulet and maybe i will give him the cure".

"You're wrong he's awake your poison's not as strong as you think" Willow called.

a silence followed as Landrian lay there trying again to push himself up only to fall again pain and posion coursing through his body.

"Well he is strong the pain must be unbearable and it will stay with him you know the madness eating away at him piece by tiny piece.... ofcourse maybe he is already a little broken to begin with could be how he resist's it so".

A bang at the door and the clash of swords downstairs drwas eveyones attention.

"AH it seems we have company, i have waited this long to get my amulet i can wait a little longer, rest assured Dwarf i will have my amulet and the heads of you and your friends" the voice hissed.

Hands grabbed Landrian dragging him across the floor his head bouncing against the hard floor, his eyes fluttered as he drifted in and out, he remembers the feeling of weightlessness and the smeel of Willow as she holds him close his head in her lap.

Landrian awoke to Carter looking down on him his teeth a pearly white against his black beard and hair " So you're finally awake from your death sleep then" He grumbles " get yourself sorted we leave in a bit" Carted interupted as Landrian tried to speak the words catching and coming out a croak "oh and i am glad you're not dead.... none of these idiots would make a good second in command" Carter said pausing at the tent flap and chucking Landrian a quick grin.
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Aariam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Oooh exciting... Wonder if Land's friends made it out okay-..

Aariam
Site Admin

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞