Recurring

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Recurring

Postby Aariam on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:56 pm

For a moment, everything was quiet. Her mind seemed to adapt and adjust itself to the new experience; experiences that should be so very common by now. But, for some reason, she felt like she had just arrived here. Her senses seemed to come back to her at a crawling pace. The feeling of soft covers on the bed which she was seated upon, the sound of a light trickle of summer rain outside, and a scent of the dinner to come. Steamed vegetables, perhaps? And fish, definitely fish.

Her eyes opened. Aariam was at home. Her little daughter was standing next to the love of her life. They were both preparing tonight’s meal, standing in front of the stove. From a large iron cauldron came a merry, bubbling sound. She watched them from the bed for a short moment; she could only see the back of their heads, but that was enough for her to identify them. Long, white hair, like the mane of a saber; that is Menori, her fiancé and the person she will spend the rest of her life with. The other had purple hair, tied into a short ponytail. That would be her daughter, Fayte. She wondered if Fayte would ever know how important she was to Aariam, how her presence had pulled her through some very dark years.

“Mom, mom!” Fayte looked up to Menori. “More carrots!”
“Alright, one second, dear”, the older woman chuckled and efficiently cut a few more slices of carrot, thick and orange.
“Now me!” Fayte smiled, and Menori pushed the cutting board over towards the child, allowing her to help out and place the carrots into the kettle. Menori smiled and pet her head lovingly.
“You can go and play now, sweetheart. You’ve been a big help.”

Fayte immidiately ran off with a smile, going to check up on her saber cub. The little cat had been growing rather fast, and seemed to have grown a sense of companionship with Fayte already. Perhaps the saber would even grow past its partner, and become a protector of Fayte, until the girl was old enough to take care of herself. Aariam smiled at the thought; the little saber and Fayte looking out for eachother throughout the years.

“Are you awake now, my love?” Menori’s voice was warm and smooth as she spoke, and Aariam broke out of her trance, blinking and looking up at her beloved. She was holding their son, Ferith, in her arms. The green-haired boy was clinging to his mother, and eagerly looking over at the boiling soup. A warm smile soon curved her lips, and she nodded.
“Yes”, she began, thinking a second before continuing, “Though it feels like I am living a dream, sometimes”.

A flash in her periphery made her glance outside. The rain had stopped. Her daughter and the little girl’s saber were eagerly running around, the saber cub snapping its jaws playfully after the girl’s fluttering dress. Fayte let out a short squeak - which made her mothers instantly tense with worry - upon seeing a beautiful butterfly resting on their front lawn. The girl quietly hunched down in front of the strand of grass where the butterfly was resting, observing the magnificent creature, its colours practically radiating. The saber walked slowly as well, looking at the butterfly curiously, and after a moment, bumped its head lightly against Fayte. The contact made the girl instinctively place her hand on the cat’s head, stroking it whilst still staring at the butterfly with unwavering attention. The moment was soon over however, as the butterfly decided to take flight, and left the girl and her saber behind.

Fayte wasn’t deterred from having a good mood, however. She would soon run inside the house, closely followed by her saber companion. She quickly ran over to Menori, clutching her leg lovingly. The cub is once more by her side, stroking its head against her side. Aariam’s family is standing there in front of her, all members now staring at her and smiling.

“Come, my love” Menori smiles, holding an arm out towards her.
“Mom!” Fayte calls out, smiling at her brightly.
“Mam!” Ferith squeaks towards her, and the saber by Fayte’s side purrs.

Aariam slowly stepped out of the bed, smiling towards her loved ones. The entire family gathering for a hug before dinner was a very nice occasion, and she was glad that she was able to enjoy such. This was a family that loved eachother unconditionally, and it was something that she hadn’t experienced before. Never had she ever felt more at peace.

But, something strange happened as she began to walk towards her waiting family. Every step felt difficult and heavy, and it was as if the wooden planks beneath her worked to restrain her feet. She glanced down to make sure that the floor wasn’t actually trying to keep her back, and upon realizing that everything looked normal, focused back up on her smiling and beckoning family. More steps, seemingly endless steps keeping her from her family. What was this vile trickery? She only wanted to be near them, hold them, love them. She felt tears pressing against her eyelids, why was this short walk so incredibly difficult? They were just out of reach, and she decided to leap towards them, trying to catch her family in a hug.

As soon as her hands came into contact with her loved ones, they faded and turned to sand. What was once a warm and inviting home was now a barren wasteland, with four piles of sand resting in front of her.

Aariam woke up with a shiver. She soon realized where she was; sand beneath her, a long, clear starry sky, and a terrible chill. The Keeper had never felt so alone.
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Re: Recurring

Postby Landrian on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:36 pm

awww Aariam its so sad :cry: but a lovely little story
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Class: Warrior

Postby Edradir on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:00 pm

A lovely story, Aariam.

It pictures the feeling of home quite good.
Only to end up in a dreary desert, alone.
Aariam is having a hard time it seems.

Did this happen the evening Ed shared his bottle of wine with her?
Edradir

Postby Mimerss on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Aahh.. You're making me miss you guys! I'm so tempted to move mims to AD.. And poor Aari could defo use some Feiah hugs.
Feiah Alinaris - Druid of The Wild
Lainathiel Moonshadow - Huntress & Sentinel
My Deviant Art http://mimerss.deviantart.com/
Mimerss

Character: Mimerss
Class: Druid

Postby Aariam on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks guys. ^^

And Ed, it happens on a few different nights. -That- night may have been one of them. :D

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Salirien on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one writing tragedies :p A lovely read, glad you're writing again! ^^

Do keep them coming, Aaribanari!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Edradir on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Good thing to hear, it was not the fault of his exquisite choice of wine. ^^

Perhaps she should have a few more swigs of the wine and go black out next time.

To wake up somewhere in a dirty goblin hole, wasted and with a tat or two on her arms and forehead.
Then noticing her wallet is gone... and an ugly hairy goblin napping beside her with a satisfied grim on his face.
Edradir

Postby Aariam on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Oh god... Then she will kill -any- witnesses. ;)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Edradir on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:57 am

Ha, those poor goblins.

That is what I call a good after party, murder, mayhem and burning the place down. :D

Ed would be there as well, probably knocked out, lying with his head against a front door.
Not noticing Aariam on her killing spree.
Edradir

Postby Aariam on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:00 am

:D The ultimate party crew!

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Calisar on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Was too good to be true D: ouch, for the ending!Poor Aariam :(

Edradir wrote:To wake up somewhere in a dirty goblin hole, wasted and with a tat or two on her arms and forehead.
Then noticing her wallet is gone... and an ugly hairy goblin napping beside her with a satisfied grim on his face.

^ this.. needs to be part 2! xD
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Priest + Druid

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞