My scars to bare

Public forum for the writings of the members of the Order. Here you'll find background stories and other stories written by the members of the Order...

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

My scars to bare

Postby Landrian on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Landrian awoke with a cry and sat there breathing deeply, his back burned as if the fire that had branded his flesh stil raged against it. Tenitivley he reached up to his shoulder and traced a jagged scar the welder of the blade had been drunk his hand shook as he carved through Landrians flesh, Since their return from Northrend the dreams had intensified as if setting foot there again had broken down some of his barriers against the flood of memories inside.

A fresh attack of pain sent spasms down Landrian's back leaving him gasping for air when it had ended,Landrian moved his hand to the side of his head balling his fist and grinding his knuckles againsthis temple trying to force the images out.

"how can i go on like this" he muttered reaching for his flask and running a finger along the grooves of the vines entched into the silver a single splat of water dropped onto the flask and ran through the grooves making the vines appear to move in the light.

"Not as emotionless as i pretend huh" he said reaching upto his eye to wipe it and laughing a little.

Slowly Landrain rose from his bed streching his aching back to test his mobility before attempting more difficult streches as he did he softly spoke so as not to be heard

It is an early morning
I need an island in the sea
Away from you away from me
Beyond the waves beyond the wind
Beyond the world that we live in
Under skies of shining stars
Away from light away from the scars
Last edited by Landrian on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: My scars to bare

Postby Aariam on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:55 pm

The unseen side of Landrian, the one where he has to be patched together after every fall. ;)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Landrian on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Haha these are his old injuries from before the order, Land's been falling apart for years :lol:
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Aariam on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:22 pm

We can fix him! We have the technology!

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Salirien on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:58 pm

This is so good! Really like the way you present Lan here. He is quickly becoming an extremely complex and interesting character to me! :)

Also, really liked the poem at the end. Lan is really just a messed up poet <3
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Landrian on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks Sali :D this is the last piece and i thought it up after Sali's event

The afternoon sun shone through the tree's warming Landrian as he sat watching the sentinels train while eating some bread he had just bought.The ring of steel on steel and the zip of arrows as the flew through the air filled the void left by his silence.

"Are you going to use that moonglaive or just watch the rest of us train" a voice from behind asked.

"Just watching today" Landrian replied between bites.

"May i then" the voice asked, a slight hand reaching down to pick up the moonglaive as Landrian nodded his approval.

"It is old, the grip is worn and needs replacing but the blades are still sharp with no sign of chips in the metal,is it yours?"

"Borrowed i get my own one when i prove i can use this one" Landrian answered wiping crumbs from his beard.

"It is good for a start i guess. But next time you are here i wish to see you actually training" the voice said as the hand darted forward again placeing the moonglaive in Landrians lap.

Landrian sat there watching the sentinels train until the sun started to fall below the tree line glowing a bright orange as it did.

"Salirien is back and holding prayer's tonight if i am not mistaken" He said gathering his things and sliding his moonglaive into it's holder on his back.

Instead of normal prayers Salirien offered those present the chance to see their real selves, Landrian watched as members of the order went before him some happy with what they saw others not sountil fianlly it was his turn. Wordlessly Landrian approached Salirien and the magic bowl infront of her pausing as he knelt to look at her a gentle smile on her face.

Uncertain of what he would see Landrian stared down into the waters seeing only his reflection until slowly the waters shifted and he saw his mother bloody and broken,the image shifted again showing him more of those he had lost the images blurred past until it stopped showing his bloody hands against a background of the orders symbol. Landrian jerked his head up as he sat there looking at Salirien with a grimace on his face he said

"I do not wish to see more"

"I will not force you" Salirien replied her voice soft and soothing.

The rest of the time was a blur as Landrian sat wondering why he was shown these images,where they to tell him he is destined to fail the order aswell.
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

When I read these I can't help but thinking.

Lando just needs a hug.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Landrian on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Lando is down for Elu hugs any time any place :lol:
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Aariam on Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Aww, poor Lando. :( He cannot fail the Order, he is our punching bag!

Aariam
Site Admin

Return to ∞ The Ancient of Lore ∞