So long and thanks for all the fish

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

So long and thanks for all the fish

Postby Lirrin on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Over a year ago, I was poked by my best friend Aèla/Sanille to join in this guild.
A mere week after poking Nehelian, I was interviewed by Damina.
A few days after that, Eliinör poked me for a meeting an tugged me into the guild unofficially.
A few more days passed and I was officially a member of Nature's Grasp.

And what a year it has been.

I never thought that I would see the day that I would linger in a guild, in a game such as this for so long. I have said so many times that the few reasons I have remained is because of the people I have met and gotten to know and love as deep and dear friends. But every good thing must come to an end and my end is unfortunatly now...

Lirrin was made especially for NG, but no story was made for her. I was going with a flow. You people have made her into what she is today. I dunno if you would believe me if I said I was seeing her as a blunt, cocky, joking and slightly obnoxious woman. I tried hard to make her into that, but in the end... It was impossible. It wasn't her. You helped shaping her into the character she is now.
I've had many good memories in this guild. All those rp-sessions with Leafdagger and Dironthir as they plotted the guilds demise. The day Lirrin and Veylar married. Actually clearing and making progress in raiding even if we were just a rp-guild. Growing into a strong DPS'er and getting praise for it. Reading, drawing and writing so many pictures and stories for all. All those laughs in /gchat as we have fun as the night draws closer and people's humor get a bit more suggestive.
Everything I loved, all rolled into one huge present. I think it was the end of me when Calisar poked me if I wanted to become a new officer. Before I knew it, I had gone from a member and to Commander. Little me. Still seems a little surreal to me.

Unfortunatly... There has also been bad things happening here. There is no need to mention what as plenty of it is rather clear. But things has happened that has made me depressed, sad and just... Not willing to play... You have no idea how many times I have tugged at my hair, cursing and wondering why. Why did this or that happened.
I am not a big talker. I am not the first to yell out something, but that doesn't mean I don't see, decide or even hear things. And I have heard quite alot from very many people. Both things that's made me smile, but also things that has made me so very very disappointed. Things that has made me wonder if what I have heard is true or not. Unfortunatly, in so many of those cases, it has indeed been true. Some people's attitudes, the way they have taken themselves liberties in things... And even in some cases, the way they have treated people... It's too much.

And for those reasons, because I am not able to handle those things anymore, I am choosing to leave this home behind and try to find a new place. This is something I have thought about for a while and am choosing to carry out now. I have been working hard to make sure that Calisar will have the support she needs and deserves so I can leave and know that things are in capable hands. More than anything do I want to see this guild, this treasure and it's people grow. This is a warm guild with people close to each other. That's how I got to know it. And I hope it will remain this way.

So with that, Commander Lirrin Teralian takes her final salute and wishes this wonderful order all the best in the world. You have survived through better and worse for 3 years now. Keep it up for another 3 years and beyond.

I won't be gone. I will try and attend events, meetings and just... Be around. I just won't be wearing NG's proud colours anymore. And believe you me that I shedding more than one tear as I post this. You all have wormed your ways into my heart so deeply that I know I will cry once I am gone... I know I will miss the guild and the people. So I hope you will welcome me if I poke by on a meeting and such.
Thank you for providing me with a home for over a year. Thank you for taking care of me when I was just a beginner and thank you for all the laughs, the good times... For everything.

Unlike Damina and Veylar... I have no quote or song to end this with.
Just a big hug and all my best wishes to you all. <3

Bye bye all. I love you. <3
Lirrin Teralian - Level 80 Beastmaster huntress, Commander and Mother
Master Miner - 450
Master Gnomish Engineer - 450

Tovaras Nightroad - Level 72 Fury Warrior
Master Jewelcrafter - 419
Master Hammer Blacksmith - 410

Cicilla - Level 80 Restoration Shaman Squid
Skinner - 450
Leatherworker - 420
Lirrin

Character: Lirrin
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Hunter

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish

Postby Nehelian on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am

"Whatever tears at us
Whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around"

Best I could find for music =)
Nehelian

Postby Lembaz on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:07 am

Forgive me for copy/paste for both your farewell messages but thought it best suiting as this song came on shortly after you both left. And im not one for picking favourites :)

Wishing both the very best, shame I can't share the gchat with you as much as I would have liked... but what I am talking about... I have both your msn's to lead an ever listening ear and bend yours :twisted:

Hope you can see why I thought the lyrics appropriate

PG's Solsbury Hill

Climbing up on solsbury hill
I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still
Eagle flew out of the night
He was something to observe
Came in close, I heard a voice
Standing stretching every nerve
I had to listen had no choice
I did not believe the information
Just had to trust imagination
My heart was going boom boom, boom
Son, he said, grab your things, Ive come to take you home.

To keeping silence I resigned
My friends would think I was a nut
Turning water into wine
Open doors would soon be shut
So I went from day to day
Tho my life was in a rut
till I thought of what Id say
Which connection I should cut
I was feeling part of the scenery
I walked right out of the machinery
My heart was going boom boom boom
Hey, he said, grab your things, Ive come to take you home.
Yeah back home

When illusion spin her net
Im never where I want to be
And liberty she pirouette
When I think that I am free
Watched by empty silhouettes
Who close their eyes, but still can see
No one taught them etiquette
I will show another me

Today I dont need a replacement
Ill tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart was going boom boom boom
Hey, I said, you can keep my things, theyve come to take me home.
A strong mustard can cause the eyes to water, sting the palate and inflame the nasal passages.
Lembaz

Location: No longer London, boohoo, but only really next door.
Character: Lembaz
Class: Hunter

Postby Damina on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 am

Your heart's the warmest of Azeroth. I'm glad to have the honour of knowing you. <3
------------------------------------------------------
~Damina Whitefall (Former Commander of the Order)
Little woman with a big warrior's heart.
~Ilithyia Nightwhisper (Newbourne of the Order)
Level 31, Resto Druid.
------------------------------------------------------
Damina

Character: Damina
Class: Warrior

Postby Calisar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Aye Dami's right, you have a heart the size of a mountain. Too soft and lovely by half ^^

At the end of all this, I hope it's the positives you remember and not the irritations of being a guild officer. It is a position that drives anyone up the wall eventually and you were such a steady calm influence during your time here.

Going to miss you, promise me you'll keep whacking around with the whomp-it ;)

A /salute to a wonderful Commander, guildie and friend.

*hugs back*
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Ilora on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm

bye bye ^_^ don't be a stranger *hug*
Ilora

Postby Adelaine on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 am

I'm very sad to see you go even if I understand your reasons. I just wish there would be a little more time and that I had not joined NG just in time to see the two of you go. Just know it was because of people like you I decided to join this guild despite the fact that many of the people I played with for years called me crazy because of it and even smacked my head a few times. :roll:

Oh well, I'm not going to say good bye to you because even if you leave this guild. I will make sure to continue to harass you from time to time in the future :)
Adelaine

Character: Adelaine
Class: Druid

Postby Maito on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 am

Good bye Lirr. :(
It was nice having you around.
Maito

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞