Can druid forms actually speak...?

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: Can druid forms actually speak...?

Postby Tenshylwin on Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 am

Calisar wrote:Really interesting thread, just got one further question. I always considered Moonkins to be classed as 'druids of the talon' is that correct? ;)

As Ixi said: Yes.

I don't think there's really is an explination on why they're classed as druid of the talon but it do seems most logical seeing they're more "battle friendly" druid of the talon, using the power of nature instead of just flying around as support and scounts.
"Their organization is known as Druids of the Talon, and are among Aviana's most ardent followers.
They transform into birds to gather battlefield intelligence and carry messages"

"They are not frontline soldiers, as the druids of the claw are; their roles are in a support capacity.
Their shapechanging abilities allow them to perform valuable espionage, and their abilities
impose a variety of disadvantages on their enemies"

Actually, after reading on WoW Wiki I found this about the druids of the talon (for Cali's question):
"These secretive druids have adopted the totem of the crow. Their primary role in society is information gathering and intelligence. They have the ability to transform into storm crows and fly over the field of battle to scout and deliver orders to distant troops. Their magical spell-like abilities are capable of channeling even the winds to fight against the enemies of Kalimdor. They may create ferocious cyclones to sow chaos into enemy lines."
Tenshylwin, Guardian of Cenarius - 100 Night elf Druid
Druid of the Wild
Tenshylwin

Character: Kitten
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Postby Calisar on Mon May 18, 2009 7:19 pm

thanks for the replies (& more detail especially tensh) :D

got to add.. the transforming into a stormcrow sounds too awesome ^^
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Adelaine on Mon May 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Going to give a slightly different view of the whole thing then most people in this thread. Personally I never liked druids talking in forms much, while they take the form of a animal I like to think of it as if they take on the abilities as the animal they interpret and losing their elven ones temporarly in return for animalistic instincts. I base my view on it mostly from the early druid quest to gain bear form. The quest texts deals much with emotions transfered between the spirits and the druid talking, I also remember the conversation the player does stand out from normal anwser options in quest and it suggest to me the two are not exactly talking but rather communicating with different means.

While communication is not impossible in forms I tend to favour this form of communication in those forms rather then real speach, druids doesn't become animals but they do take the shapes of them and lose their ability to communicate normally in the process. In Warcraft 3 for example the druids of the claw did shapeshift out of forms to talk and I don't think any of them said anything loud in their forms. I never mind those that does speak in forms regularly even if I personally disagree with them.

I agree though that the most experianced druids like Furion probably could speak no matter what form he was in and there are real talking animals in the game as well, I just don't think the every day druid is even close to that. It's something that comes with real mastery if anything and not something regular ones can do.
Last edited by Adelaine on Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelaine

Character: Adelaine
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Postby Trae Thérlas on Sun May 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Woah I leave this thread for a bit and it goes wild :p well thanks for all of your replies as for the
Main thread I think I won't talk in forms as adels post changed my mind plus it will be funner to just use emotes in forms or shift if I have to. As for the Druid of the wild debate I honestly have no idea when they started but I would bet after the battle of hyjal unless anyone can prove me wrong, and Cali I never considered moonkins to be Druids of the talon I had heard that moonkins were elunes guardians so I assumed that they were a Druids connection to her not a actual totem form like the rest. I will be coming back to wow soon as the majority of my exams are done and I have long breaks to play wow in until my exams are over so see you soon.
Trae Thérlas

Previous

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞