Third party referees?

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Third party referees?

Postby Alagien on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 am

Hello! you all might be aware of some interesting discussion going on the realm forum about having some sort of third parties, neutral referee to help with rp battles especially.

Considering we are heading for a somewhat complicated event ourself (the Belves business in Azshara) and considering even the widely succesful Stonetalon battle had a few mild hiccups (like emo orcs and accusations of bringing hidden elves to the fight), I think the thread might be of interest to all.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10203910534&sid=1
Alagien

Character: Alagien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: Third party referees?

Postby Ixirar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 pm

Bad idea in my opinion. W-PVP doesn't need neutral judges.
Ixirar

Re: Third party referees?

Postby Calisar on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 pm

I'd seen that thread and I think the third party ref's are a good idea for huge ungoverned events.

But for example the Stonetalon fight was actually very smooth, compared to some w-pvp it had barely any drama at all.

If an event is well run then imo it won't need third parties, they themselves might just cause more confusion than if the organisers are chatting on msn/vent during the event between themselves (which has been the case at Stonetalon and back at Feathermoon). but where there is little contact or organisation, then sure... they might help smooth things out.

nice idea, but I don't see a need personally atm ;)

Just my tuppence...
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Priest + Druid

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞