New expansion :o?

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: New expansion :o?

Postby Ixirar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Calisar wrote:
Adelaine wrote:So... the world is going to blow up. Everything will get shacken badly and horde will invade Ashenvale. Seems the night elves are going to be screwed over quite a lot. What do you all think our place in all this will be? xD

Seems we'll be losing Ashenvale/Astranaar there from the vid... Maybe the Nelves will have to resort to desperate measures to fight back? Would we accept druids from other classes? Would we get involved with these worgen who are supposed to be linked to nelves? Who knows ^^

Actually, yeah, it's definitely opening for some interesting scenarios..

Ashenvale being chopped down by Garrosh' warsong orcs. Building a fortress at Zoram Strand etc.
Ixirar

Postby Tenethion on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 pm

There best be an achi to kill Garrosh. Teneth will want to rip his head off

:twisted:
Tenethion

Postby Tenethion on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Cross server instance groups :D \o/
return of the honor titles with the rated battlegrounds :D
<3
Tenethion

Postby Ixirar on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Aye :D Awesomeness
Ixirar

Postby Nayan on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:05 pm

...as if the nightmares of a pug in a single server were not enough... *shivers*
Every woman has an itch. And every nice girl secretly wants to switch...
~
We may forget the past, sometimes. But it's part of who we are. It never goes away. Think of that whenever you make a decision. It will live with you forever.
Nayan

Character: Nayan
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Primal

Postby Tenethion on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 am

Reliah wrote:...as if the nightmares of a pug in a single server were not enough... *shivers*

True, but if your groups no good then you'll easily be able to get a new one since there will be so many people lfg. And think about how accessible raids will be when they release that feature :D
Tenethion

Postby Alagien on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am

I think saying this is a cop out from Blizzard is a mistake. They are not "recycling" any content here, they are REDOING the whole goddamned starting world!

If you consider that an expansion is never as big as the original world... this seems a HUGE expansion to me! Oh yeah! they are ADDING stuff in addition too!

And the paths of the titans?? Finally alternative way of advancing your characters, linked to the new archeology to boot ^^
Guild levels! and after getting a guild talent tree, you get guild currency with which you can buy Guild recipes!!! and guild heirloom items!! Imagine that! You can give to your lowbies these heirloom they can use to level up and then just pass them down to the new lowbies! Joining a guild suddenly has bucket loads more benefits!

Guild banners too!

Of course, a question came to my mind... as the bulk of the expansion is the re make of the new world.... well that is not going to be in the expansion at all! Cause I do not think they will have 2 versions of the world, one with the old vanilla wow and one with the new, nu nu, the new one is going to be the only one... I think! So we basically get that for free! We will need to see what exactly the expansion will give access to... The new races surely.. maybe archaeology and the all new paths will be expansion only too... the new regions of course will be expansion only... and flight on azeroth? Maybe that too?

One thing is certain though, if the whole remake of the world is not linked to the expansion (as I think is the most probable scenario) they just bought themselves a HUUUUUUGE publicity as now the new players coming will not get stuck in, say, dun morogh with 5 years old content but in the brand new dun morogh with 0 days old content! THAT , in my opinion, will entice a lots of new players (if there are any left) and have a lots of the old ones come back... well, at leasy you just have to get a trial account to see the new stuff as opposed to level up some char to level 70.

Worgens, in my opinion, will be as big as Blood elves were in TBC. I think we will see a reshift of the population toward alliance. They are goddamn werewolves! THAT will make them VERY popular (I know I am making one, and so is Eden... well actually I am making a gnome warrior with a "feral" streak to him... imagine this 1.1 meter tall guy with two two handed swords bigger than him that jumps at you yelling "RAWWWWWWWRRR" and then bite your leg and stick there. All the while his worgen "handler" is talking on the sideline saying with a very polite and high class tone "I'm so sorry, sir... we have been trying to teach that out of him but... he is just made that way" and then grinning before joining in the carnage!).

The goblins will be in much minority I think.... of course pvp-wise people will play them a lot... as everyone knows being small is an advantage in pvp and the goblins will be the new gnomes... so maybe that will balance things out.

Non linear dungeons seems to make a come back as both the uldun one and the underwater one will be non-linear, we will see :D

Oh, and yeah... I want to be there to actually see the Cataclysm happening...
Alagien

Character: Alagien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Postby Nayan on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 am

Elvadrieth, I'm extremely cautious about being happy for that particular aspect.

And Gilthalion, just a couple of thoughts on what you said:
Gilthalion wrote:now the new players coming will not get stuck in, say, dun morogh with 5 years old content but in the brand new dun morogh with 0 days old content!

If we're talking about new players, then the "5 years old content" is still new to them, so that's not really a sound thought, imo. Besides, I'd like to think you start off in the old world at the first levels and are moving to the "new world" through a questline at lvl80 or something, just how it happened with the Battle for Undercity.

About Worgen and Goblins, it's a fashion. And that's all it is. 95% of the people that roll one, will roll it because it's a hype, not because they genuinely want to. Not saying you fall under the same category, but the crushing majority is on a hype, same (as you said) as they were with Blood Elves. Myself, I somewhat like the worgen (nothing to die for, though, I still like trolls and night elves, even forsaken, more than worgen) and I completely despise the goblins becoming playable. But that's just my personal opinion.

The goblins will be in much minority I think....

Half of Horde is hyped about making a goblin. Minority? No. Not really. In fact I've heard more people wanting to play a (yuck) goblin than a people wanting to play a worgen.

If my thoughts turn out true, you will, same way you saw the Battle for Undercity.
~
We may forget the past, sometimes. But it's part of who we are. It never goes away. Think of that whenever you make a decision. It will live with you forever.
Nayan

Postby Elysar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 am

If you consider that an expansion is never as big as the original world... this seems a HUGE expansion to me!

Well... "Expansion set" no. 1, aka. the very first edition of wow, was kinda the size of the first world ^^, Of course not with the addings, but... still huge.
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

Postby Lianna on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 am

Well, I'll probably check worgen/goblins out, though it'll probably be to check their starting quests, which apparently work like Ebon Hold, so I guess you'll play along as the story unfolds as you join the alliance/horde. Other than that, I'll most likely stick to Lia and Dani.
Lianna Moonspring - 90 priestess. enchantress, tailor, Riddler
Former Shan'do of Nature's Grasp.

Danielle - A Draenei girl, a fond memory.
Lianna

Character: Lianna
Class: Priest

Postby Nayan on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Well... "Expansion set" no. 1, aka. the very first edition of wow, was kinda the size of the first world ^^, Of course not with the addings, but... still huge.

Elly... that was not an expansion. What exactly did it "expand"? >_>

PS: To put it simpler, "Expansion set no.1" was The Burning Crusade. NOT the very first edition of WoW. That was the original MMORPG. Not an expansion of it.
~
Nayan

Postby Elysar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

I know, hence the " 's and the "aka." ^^
Just saying that in theory, the first wow was huge, so might as well be so again, with as much to explore and experience, as in vanilla.
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

Postby Alagien on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:52 am

Reliah wrote:If we're talking about new players, then the "5 years old content" is still new to them, so that's not really a sound thought, imo. Besides, I'd like to think you start off in the old world at the first levels and are moving to the "new world" through a questline at lvl80 or something, just how it happened with the Battle for Undercity.

Half of Horde is hyped about making a goblin. Minority? No. Not really. In fact I've heard more people wanting to play a (yuck) goblin than a people wanting to play a worgen.

If my thoughts turn out true, you will, same way you saw the Battle for Undercity.

No no, the new world starts at level 1. They have published the new level divisions, some regions have their level range changed, other broke in smaller pieces, for example Western plaguelands is now lower level while Eastern is divided into two pieces, 5 level a part each. So you will get in the new world right away.

Yes, dun morogh of 5 years ago is new content for the new player, BUT it is 5 years old. Would you play a 5 years old game now? Even if you never played it before when you instead could play a game of the same genre that is 0 days old? Oh, I am sure if the game is a classic, then you might give it a shot, but usually... no. There have been many mmorpgs released since WoW, some of them are quite nice, especially when compared to the very first Vanilla wow stuff. THAT is what people on a trial compare the new games to! WHEN the expansion comes out they will be able to compare the new game stuff to the new wow stuff, the balance is set.

Maybe you are right about gonlins, the horde people on the realm forum at least seem to speak of nothing else... Personally I do not see what they see in those damn ugly green things.
Alagien

Character: Alagien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Postby Nayan on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 am

Would you play a 5 years old game now?

In fact, I already did. TBC came out as I started playing. I didn't buy it till lvl58 or so. I wanted to see the old content first, before moving on.
~
Nayan

Previous

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞