New expansion :o?

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: New expansion :o?

Postby Ixirar on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 pm

I jizzed majorly in my pants all over the opening ceremony and WoW preview panel.

I'm so loving this thing.

And yes, I did infact buy the stream ^^
Ixirar

Postby Alaeri on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 am

Well, seems like Blizzard is out of money, otherwise I don't see any reason for this expansion. They are simply recycling old content, which is never a good thing, especially since it was extremely good and polished, they've made a huge step backwards from an entirely new class to new race/class combinations (and a lot of retarded combinations, like tauren pala, mind you), they've added two races and, while Worgen seem alright, despite being odd, goblins... not so much. Just think about female tauren paladin on a charger... or an orc casting magic missiles... or an undead hunter taming a beast... or *shriek* a goblin Death knight. BC and Wotlk had me excited, but cataclysm seems dull. Maybe it's because I've left the game, but at times like these I'm glad I did it.
Alaeri

Postby Ixirar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 am

It's not like flying in azeroth and redoing the level 1-60 experience has been something Blizzard has ben asked to do for ages. Nono. Nobody ever wanted any of that! And goblins? No player ever asked for those!
Ixirar

Postby Shandiel on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:09 am

I was quite frankly shocked when I was just regulary checking my wow news and saw this. At first I was angry at some race combinations (like nelf mages, yes I know they do exsist but the reason we have the rest of the elves are more or less beacuse nelves don't like arcane so). But after cooling down a bit, I really liked it. I mean I've always prefered the old world over going out in "other worlds". To me, this expansion is like a reminder "hey we havn't forgotten those that played during vanilla wow".

And it's not like they are ONLY reusing old stuff. Check out the mmo-champion page. There will be 7 new zones, 2 wich are leveling zones for worgen and goblins so it's not like it's all old stuff.

Frankly, over-all i will enjoy this expansion lot more. It will be great for RP since the world will actually evolve and it focuses more on those threats that have been hidden from sight all those years. Two of my favorite villains have always been Deathwing and Azshara since they are the more subtle threat that have been laying in wait since ages to strike and now they've found the right time.

Anyways, I got a plane to catch in a few hours so, bye :3
Shandiel

Postby Alaeri on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:52 am

I'm just saying that it seems like a huge step back from WotLK. Playing Worgen and Goblins is alright, I guess (though goblins have been established as a neutral race in WC3 and WoW), but it won't be anything amazing as Draenei and Blood Elves have proven and some class/race combination look downright ridiculous. As for flying in Azeroth, that's okay, no objections from my side. Granted, I could be wrong, but atm I believe this expansion is going to be a TBC wrapped in a new package: looks good at first, but turns out worse than it was before.
Alaeri

Postby Nayan on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Ixirar wrote:It's not like flying in azeroth and redoing the level 1-60 experience has been something Blizzard has ben asked to do for ages. Nono. Nobody ever wanted any of that! And goblins? No player ever asked for those!

That'd be a perfectly correct comment, which people seem to selectively forget.

And don't get me wrong, I still hate that goblins will be playable. I just don't blame Blizzard for it, but the thousands of people that kept asking for it *grumbles*
Every woman has an itch. And every nice girl secretly wants to switch...
~
We may forget the past, sometimes. But it's part of who we are. It never goes away. Think of that whenever you make a decision. It will live with you forever.
Nayan

Character: Nayan
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Primal

Postby Calisar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Adelaine wrote:So... the world is going to blow up. Everything will get shacken badly and horde will invade Ashenvale. Seems the night elves are going to be screwed over quite a lot. What do you all think our place in all this will be? xD

Seems we'll be losing Ashenvale/Astranaar there from the vid... Maybe the Nelves will have to resort to desperate measures to fight back? Would we accept druids from other classes? Would we get involved with these worgen who are supposed to be linked to nelves? Who knows ^^

Love it or hate it, it's a brave thing for Blizz to have done to shatter the old world and revamp so completely. Must admit I didn't like it on the first view, but it's growing on me as an idea.

I jizzed majorly in my pants all over the opening ceremony and WoW preview panel.

Spare us please :roll:
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Eavya on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I went like: 'No!' everytime I saw a flash of Elven lands being totally destroyed... Wonder what they'll leave for us... Or are they going to give us things back in return also?

Other than that (and I actually don't really mind the change ;) ) I will be looking forward to the expansion... Lot's of new things again.

But... They'd better come up with more NEW dresses... not just recoulored ones *grumbles*
Eavya Morninglight
Priestess of Nature's Grasp
Mother of Liaadri

Can also be found on:

Lynnayla Yelina Firedawn
Walker of shadows, seeker of light
Arcanist of Natures Grasp

Ryasha Morninglight
Sentinel of Nature's Grasp

Non Kaldorei alts:

Nygwene, Yngrah, Emmyxia
Eavya

Character: Eavya
Class: Priestess

Postby Lianna on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:25 pm

From IC view, this might offer a very intresting story to NG.. Azshara taken over by the goblins, Ashenvale almost utterly destroyed by the horde. Auberdine destroyed, and a new NE hub built to it's north, while a horde town is built to the south. I see Feralas becoming a more important hub for us, while also Desolace might be a good place to start fighting for.

Furthermore, Furion is back to guide the elves once more, even if it's only to fight Ragnaros up on Hyjal. All in all, I see an intresting story developing for us, even if it's not too happy to begin with.

Also, it gives us a chance to fly over Splintertree and destroy it, rather than ride into it.. Think about a hippogryph army, rather than sabers.

Don't get me wrong, there are some parts I don't like too much about the expansion (NE mages? At least Lia would have someone to blame for the loss of Ashenvale), but it will happen, whetever we like it or not. Just go with it :)
Lianna Moonspring - 90 priestess. enchantress, tailor, Riddler
Former Shan'do of Nature's Grasp.

Danielle - A Draenei girl, a fond memory.
Lianna

Character: Lianna
Class: Priest

Postby Mochara on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 pm

I think with the night-elves stepping forward to bring the Worgen (their old allies) into the Alliance night-elves will have some serious thinking to do about how this is going to fit into the story of all these characters and guilds.

This time some space squids don't just land in our land and we happen to find them, the night-elves are responsible for bringing the Worgen into the Alliance!

(All I know is i'm making a Worgen)
Mochara
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Mochara
Realm: Darksorrow
Class: Rogue

Postby Ellenil on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:44 pm

holy crap! this all looks awesome!

NO, must not...return... D:
Ellenil
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Ellenil
Class: Rogue

Postby Tenethion on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Well i bought the blizzcon live stream and i thought i'd update you with info released in the class/items discussion panel
in addition to all the info on http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/ -

BEWARE - spoilerz:

goblin racials - rocket jump - launches them forward 20 yds
rocket barrage - fires a rocket at enemys
time is money - 1% increase to attack speed
best deal - best possible gold discount regardless of reputation
pack goblin - access bank every 30 min
alchemy +15

worgen racials - Darkflight - movement speed +70% for 6 sec every 3 min
visciousness - all damage +1%
aberration - reduced duration of curses/diseases by 15%
skinning +15 and no need for a knife.

worgen form cosmetic only
in combat - forced to become a worgen
outside of combat you can choose to be either human or worgen form

Warlocks - Soulshards in inventory gone.. made into the interface.. used like deathknight runes.
Only used in combat.. have 3 underneath mana bar.
only ability that uses soulshards is Soul burn which amplifies next spell, 30sec cooldown. Effect changes with spell used after soul burn, ie. next 3 searing pain crit, soul fire changed into an instant cast, instant fear etc.

Hunter- mana gone, uses focus, similar to energy.. regenerates 6 per sec.. 12 per sec with steady shot buff. fewer cooldowns on abilities.

Stats - AP gone, Spell power gone, defense gone, mana per 5 sec gone, armor pen. gone,
spirit - mana regen in combat. all healers get a 'meditiation' like skill.
intellect provides mana AND adds power to spells with spellpower gone.
agility adds 2 power to attack with actual attack power stat gone
tanks will recieve anti crit from talents with defense gone.
replaced with 'mastery' - similar to talents.
haste now increases regen rate of focus, energy, mana and runes.
block now instead mitigates a % of damage
all classes get more stamina and end up with very similar hp at level cap so plate wearers do not have more than casters

next ledgendary - 2h axe - Shadowmourne.

proffesions - Archeology secondary proffesion - everyone can take it- can discover tunnels to an instance - artifacts discovered logged in the archeology journal. unlocks potential for 'path of the titans' progression system.

new item customization - reforging. Can minus an amount of one stat on an item to plus the amount taken away to another stat. given to Blacksmiths, engis, JCs, LWs and tailors.
BS reforge armor, engis trinkets + ranged, LWS leather items, tailors cloth
you have to add a completely new stat when reforging not just add more to one already on an item.

proffesion multi gains - i.e gain 5 skill points for a blue item rather than 1 point each for 5 green bracers.

engineering - get even more 'novelty' items craftable. made alot more fun.

fishing made more fun.

75 points added to each proffesion as always.. Now called 'the Alusterious(sp?)'' of your proffesion.

finally, 'ranks' for all abilities in the spell book are gone.. instead all spells and abilities progress x amount of damage per level rather than increasing in big chunks every 6 or so levels. Also, 3 new abilities added to each class 80 - 85.

This was typed very fast and roughly so many apologies for all the grammar and spelling mistakes ^^
Tenethion

Postby Ixirar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 pm

The new proffession level is "Illustrious"
Ixirar

Postby Tenethion on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Ixirar wrote:The new proffession level is "Illustrious"

Yeah that ^^
Tenethion

Postby Elysar on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Ellenil wrote:holy crap! this all looks awesome!

NO, must not...return... D:

Come, take a deep breath with me, deep breath...
*goes to view the trailer again while he does*
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞