A simple good bye

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

A simple good bye

Postby Adelaine on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 pm

My time in Natures grasp has now come to a end. There are many reasons I choose to leave and some of the reasons I rather not go into detail in here. Now while there been issues over the months I been here I want to say I truly enjoyed my stay in Natures grasp and I think there will be times when I will miss the guild tag. Mostly though after four years of playing on Defias Brotherhood it seems to me that in part history always repeats itself and I'm rather tired of it all. There are still many things I still enjoy but in truth it's been a long time since the game last felt fresh or exciting to me. Natures grasp changed that for a while after I joined but with everything that happened eventually even that changed.

This is something I been considering for a while now and considered even before Calisar stepped down and the leadership changed. I noticed months ago when my PC broke down that I rarely miss wow or feel any great urge to log in other then the few times a week there was something planned. I eventually decided that I would wait until my computer was back and my studies calmed down a little before I would decide what to do about it. Sadly my studies never really calm down and while my computer is back the desire to play hasn't returned with it. With most of the others going inactive as well I feel this is the best time if I'm going to do it.

If Natures grasp is going to grow and become strong again it needs officers that are still excited about the game and ready to spend time making it happen and sadly I don't feel I'm capable of that at the moment.

I'm not going to stop my subscription or quit the server but instead I decided to head back to Blackened Rose the guild I was in before I came here. It's a small guild as well but some of them I first meet back in vanilla wow or played with for years. I do like to say before I leve that I don't do this because of raids, I been raiding with them for months and I would been willing to continue to do so if that was all there was to it. However everything considered I think it's the place where I rather be at the moment. It doesn't feel fair to this guild to continue as a officer or member when I know I'm no longer going to be able or willing to carry out all that it means.

I hope I will still see some of you in the future and I do wish you all the best of luck with what comes but for my own part my time in Natures Grasp ends here.

(If IC reasons would be needed I'm sure something can be solved by Ade vanishing, she was never that reliable in the first place and stopping by to say good bye never been her style.)
Adelaine

Character: Adelaine
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Re: A simple good bye

Postby Vethelot on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Farewell! Going to miss you around. Good luck with everything, and if you need anything in-game let me know!

*salutes*
Vethelot
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Vethelot
Class: Warrior

Postby Liselle on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Everyone usually returns to where they came from. It's wonderful going back to old friends. :)

Terribly sorry if this is the wrong place to bring this up, but are you guys (this guild) still active? I'm just asking out of curiosity..
Let me go, Master, I hate you so!
Liselle

Postby Calisar on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Sad to read it Ade, but I can understand exactly what you mean about the game losing it's appeal after a while. Hoping you stay in touch online & on msn, was a real pleasure meeting you through NG and having the RP and lols over our time there ;) <3

Perfect place to ask Liselle, perhaps it's worth assessing where NG stands? If it is quiet at the moment, maybe heavy advertising would draw more active players, maybe even making the recruitment requirements/process more flexible or broadening the general tone of the guild? *Look to Lia and Rith, and those still active, how you guys finding it?*
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Tenethion on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Very sad to see you go Ade, Good luck in all your studies etc though. :)
I do agree with Cali, there has been a lot of inactivity (myself included) in the recent weeks. My reason is losing interest in my priest really, I play on my death knight Wynethaare now if you need to contact me. I think there need sto be something new or a change in the guild to keep it going really. Would be a terrible shame after all the years and history to see it become completely inactive :(
Tenethion

Postby Vethelot on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Im sensing a post hi-jack.....

Anyway, Im online most nights on Vethelot now. Lia is around pretty much all the time as well. Aronan is on Geldar most nights, and im sure he would hope over if needed.

Other than that its a bit quiet....

I agree on the recruiting front. A mass campaign may bring a few more people. I know i havent been around in NG for as long as some, but I would hate to see it go. I for one am willing to put in the time to try and get it back up.

Also... i was grouped with someone of the weekend who recognised the guild and was very keen to say Hi. Char name in NG was Lirrin? Said she left because she became pregnant (IC). Was nice to chat to her, and nice that NG still has an extremly good rep around DB.
Vethelot
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Vethelot
Class: Warrior

Postby Eavya on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Going on, on the hi-jack.

I would really hate to see NG fall. Even though I haven't been around much on Lynn, and even left long ago myself on Eavya, I would be really sad to see it leave our server.
Really sad to see Adelaine go aswell, had high hopes that you, Rithen and Lïanna would make it go a bit active again. Of course I don't blame anyone that it hasn't. Been in the situation myself, know how hard it is, especially with all the inactivity going around.

I am really glad to see that Hyinta is still interested, and I know that Geldar could also be poked for some activities... Maybe you can all pull it together anyway, I really hope so!

I will try and make some time to log on to Lynn and see if I can RP some with her too, maybe attract some (newly) NE's that are willing to try out NG.

Anyway, best of luck to you Adelaine, will surely see you around!
Eavya Morninglight
Priestess of Nature's Grasp
Mother of Liaadri

Can also be found on:

Lynnayla Yelina Firedawn
Walker of shadows, seeker of light
Arcanist of Natures Grasp

Ryasha Morninglight
Sentinel of Nature's Grasp

Non Kaldorei alts:

Nygwene, Yngrah, Emmyxia
Eavya

Character: Eavya
Class: Priestess

Postby Adelaine on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Thank you all of the kind words, I hope I will be able to stay in touch with you all in one way or another. Anyway I apologies if this came as a shock to any of you. I spent quite a lot of time thinking about if I should first tell people my intentions in the guild to let them prepare or if it would just be best to do it quick and get it over with. I picked this way in the end since I think if all I would have done was step down as a officer then discussing it in advance would have been best, however when a person decide to leave I believe the best thing they can do after telling people is to actually leave. It think it would only done more damage if I told people I was going to leave and then stuck around for a while in the guild after that. At best it wouldn't made much difference and at worse it would made more problems and made it harder for me to do it.

Also someone with rights to these sort of things should take a look at mine and remove me from some areas. I would like to stick around as a guest still but members board and officer forums are places I probably shouldn't have access to anymore :)
Adelaine

Character: Adelaine
Class: Druid

Postby Kathene on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 pm

I really liked RPing with you, but at least you have a nice guild to go to, have fun there :)

And NG is very quiet now when I get the chance to log on with Kalsyra, I'm sure everyone has a reason (mine is a ton of university work :() but when you log on to just find one or nobody online it's not much fun to stay so I just log out or to a different character which probably just adds to the problem...

When Ivellion recruited me absolutely ages ago, NG was just a few people, but all of them really dedicated to RP and to making a good guild to be in, and it really took off thanks to that. It only takes a few people to make a quiet guild into a really great one, and as soon as I get some more of this work off my plate I'd love to be more active and help with that. I'm sure we can make it more active if we all try ^^
Kathene

Character: Kathene
Class: Rogue

Postby Elysar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Take care Adelaine, was good knowing you back ingame :) Good luck with your studies too.

When Ivellion recruited me absolutely ages ago, NG was just a few people, but all of them really dedicated to RP and to making a good guild to be in, and it really took off thanks to that. It only takes a few people to make a quiet guild into a really great one

Exactly what Kath said here... I remember it too, just when I was recruited by Ivellion, there wasn't many. I remember the first meeting, I think there was five members, and then Ive, Jon and Eavya as councillors, and then me getting recruited. And they didn't just recruit anyone, it was quite a sharp eye on roleplayers, to get the best and most dedicated in. Not saying I was such at that time, was rather a newb ^^ But the guild was going down, so I suppose they were happy about any new roleplayers, at the time.

But indeed it seemed to me they were all good friends and dedicated to RP, so the numbers weren't really important... Sometimes the best RP comes when you are less people actually. All the chattering, I remember, could really stress me out ^^ So yeah, quality over quantity. A strong core of friends or just RP'ers, I think that's the best.
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

Postby Rithen on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:15 am

(I've posted in the Emerald Dream about the current situation and some reminders)

Thank you for your honesty in these posts Adelaine, I appreciate that you leave your spot in order for someone motivated to help out. NG and other ancient RP guilds are having all the same problems lately we having an extra problem of being night elf only, a mature and social person behind the character which is not too easy to find in WoW but which fruits the patience once found. Watch my other post in my eyes what should be done in these times to make a guild active again. Adelaine I'll miss you around NG, I have to say you didn't join NG on the right times but I'm happy to see you enjoyed your time here nevertheless. I think everyone in this guild here has a great attitude and a strong personality that's very important right now in forming opinions,I appreciate that. Take care Adelaine and I'll see you around

Rithen
Rithen
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Rithen
Class: Hunter

Postby Nayan on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:39 am

I think I should check forums more carefully >_>

Forgive me, but I will not go on on the hijacking, respecting the end of a chapter rather than discussing something that can be discussed in another thread (which ofc is very important, but "important" doesn't justify misplacing it, there's no technical limitation in how many threads can be made :P ).

Adelaine,

I can't really say a proper and honest goodbye to you, as I am not on this side of the river for a while now, so it'd feel false.

Instead... I'll just thank you for the times we've spent RPing/goofing around/talking and wish you the best with your ingame change-of-residence. Been poking every now and then, but I guess it's not the same when on the other side of the river. Know that I still hold a lot of respect for you both ooc'ly and rp-wise, as well as for how you stood up straight and with decency in NG throughout time. And I do miss your big softie b*tch-chill :'(

Be well, and do poke when you can/want. You are missed. :)

*takes hat off and salutes*
Every woman has an itch. And every nice girl secretly wants to switch...
~
We may forget the past, sometimes. But it's part of who we are. It never goes away. Think of that whenever you make a decision. It will live with you forever.
Nayan

Character: Nayan
Class: Primal

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞