Can you have different aspects of the same Character

A visitor in our domain? Feel free to leave your mark here.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Re: Can you have different aspects of the same Character

Postby Pargarion on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Wildkins were guardians of Elune's sacred places before they went crazy. So it seems plausible that they wield the moon power rather than the arcane that the rest of the arcane duders use. This might be one and the same, we don't know, I like to hope it is not.

I agree that it would be better if there were more race specific classes and no it would not be impossible to implement and keep balanced. It is simply an opportunity missed. I remember that priests had one race specific spell/feature.
Khalida Frostfeather - Sentinel
Pargarion Autumnrain - Druid
Pargarion

Character: Frostfeather
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Hunter

Postby Evesia on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 am

I always assumed that Boomkins used the power of Elune for their magic, for the reason Frost stated about Wildkin being guardians of Elune. I just figured lore was power of Elune and ingame mechanics was mana. I guess kind of like Priestesses of Elune use Elune's power but the ingame mechanic is actually holy (in damage and healing). It's a shame that ingame mechanics can make things like this awkward to work out in terms of RP. I really think what you suggest Nayan would be really beneficial for not only game mechanics but RP too if they implemented certain race tailored classes.

For example a Paladin could easily be a Night Elf - not in the sense of an actual Paladin in the way a Human may be but in the terms of a Moon Warrior type character. Someone who uses the power of Elune but also wears heavy armor and can melee in much the way Sentinel's can. Blizzard could easily implement this by merely changing some spell names and tooltips so for example, instead of having "Crusader Strike" it could be "Moon Strike", instead of "Holy Radiance" it could be "Elune's Radiance". It's much like the Night Elven racial "Elune's Grace" where the name is specifically linked to the race but the spell will stay the same for all races just the names/tooltips catered to individual races. It would still have the same game play for all races (and I mean this in the sense of all classes too, for example Highborne vs Human mages and Elven Druids vs Worgen Druids) but it would really benefit roleplayers too.

It's about time Blizzard did something for us, we will be the ones who still like the game when they stop making expansions afterall :p
[A] Evesia Moonflame ~ Archon of the Wardens of Enlightenment ~ Mage
[A] Nelthana Nightsheen ~ Priestess of the Moon, Former High Guardian ~ Priestess

Evesia

Character: Evesia
Class: Mage

Postby Pargarion on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:51 am

Exactly! Gnome tinkerer, placing weird named gizmos and widgets with the same effects as shammy totems.
Khalida Frostfeather - Sentinel
Pargarion Autumnrain - Druid
Pargarion

Character: Frostfeather
Class: Hunter

Postby Aariam on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 am

If only we could destroy all of the PvE and PvP, then we would get prio one. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Postby Nayan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 am

Oi, no destroying, we're treehuggers here, remember? ;D (plus, on a half-serious note, if you were to remove PvE, we'd also not be having this conversation, because there'd be no gameplay or spellbars any more xD)

And Evesia, very good point, swapping tooltips around shouldn't be that much fuss. Not sure how exactly, but I'm fairly certain there's nothing conflicting with a simple "race-check before specific tooltips are loaded" case-routine. Truth is, there's a million ideas Blizz could've done to create a truly outstanding gaming experience. Problem is, they wouldn't apply to the majority of players - some of them might even bug the majority. All you can do is wait for WoW to stop being "promoted" (aka: be left on its own fate), stop being supported, be opened up and maybe, if Blizz thinks radical enough, be opened up for modding. And then, maybe, you could see some things done. Although, not game-changing things like the class-opening, but definitely something like the tooltip-changes.
Every woman has an itch. And every nice girl secretly wants to switch...
~
We may forget the past, sometimes. But it's part of who we are. It never goes away. Think of that whenever you make a decision. It will live with you forever.
Nayan

Character: Nayan
Class: Primal

Previous

Return to ∞ The Guardhouse ∞