Application: Rhonove

Postby Rhonove on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Char Name: Rhonove
Char Class: Hunter
Char Level: 100
Char Age: 1279
Your RL age: 19
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story: Rhonove, a skilled marksman and experienced traveler left his home (?) years ago to fight back against the growing Orc threat, which then led onto the greater threat of the Burning Legion.
He fought on the sidelines, killing his fair share of demons and orcs, as well as earning himself the respect of a small mercenary group.
After Archimonde was defeated and the Burning Legion driven back Rhonove continued to travel with the Mercenary group, mostly hired to fight against the Horde.
When the Dark Portal opened, Rhonove accompanied the Mercenaries through. They were stationed through most of it at Toshley's Station, where Rhonove learned to respect and fear gnomish engineering and has been intrigued by it ever since. When they finished the contract at Toshleys the Mercenaries got contracted to fight back against the Horde in Northrend, mostly involving minor encounters.
Yet again, Orcs threatened the world when the Iron Horde invaded and the Mercenaries, along with Rhonove were hired to fight them back. Most of the group, and friends were wiped out at the gate, so Rhonove was left on his own whilst stuck in this unforgiving and unknown land.

(( I know it's kind of bland, I had a difficult time putting the thought behind Rhonove into words.))

Why do you wish to join us? I've been meaning to apply here since Cataclysm actually, but I suffer from some forum anxiety so I've put it off for a while. But I recently got back into roleplay and have been feeling a little more up to it, so I decided to finally go ahead and do it.

Why does your char wish to join us? Rhonove hasn't been home since Archimonde was defeated, as well as him being completely abandoned in Draenor, he would certainly love some companionship. As well as to offer his bow to anyone that treats him well.

Tell us something about yourself: I am a rather experienced roleplayer. Though in reality I haven't roleplayed since Wrath. But I've been getting back into it lately and having a blast. I am also an avid PvPer and spend a lot of time playing arenas. Other than that I am a pretty chill guy.

Thanks for your time!
Rhonove

Character: Rhonove
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Hunter

Re: Application: Rhonove

Postby Aariam on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi! I am glad youi got over the anxiety and were able to apply for us. :D

I like your story, it's unique, and yet leaves enough for us to find out about your character IC. :)

Another officer needs to sign off on this application as well, but from me this gets a thumbs up!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Postby Kathene on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:13 am

Hey Rhonove :)

No need to be anxious! This is a friendly guild, I swear :D

The background is fine, even if it's a little light. A night elf among gnomes at Toshley's Station is an interesting idea and it'd be fun to see Rhonove interact with a certain other budding engineer in the Order :)

I'd like to learn some more about him, like where exactly his home is. If writing the application makes you uncomfortable (Which I can totally relate to btw ^^) then there's no problem, that kind of thing gets asked in an IC interview anyway.

Things have been a little slow with the holidays, but hopefully we'll be getting back up to speed soon enough, so try to keep an eye out for the officers (Me, Aariam, Menori, Anhagath, Arkil and Calisar) and give one of us a poke for an IC interview, we'll try to contact you as well!

Thanks for applying and I hope we'll see you soon!
Kathene

Character: Kathene

Postby Rhonove on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Yeah. I realize it's a bit mild on details and such, I just had the idea of the backround and had a hard time summarizing it for this application. I'll try my best to make up for it IC, looking forward to it. =)
Rhonove

Postby Ithili on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:19 am

Hi, all sounds good, but can't help but notice that ? mark at the begenning of the text. Orcs became treath to elves, when they came (about 25 or so years ago) to Kalimdor during the third war.

In other parts, I would also say this application is good to go. And even if I am not mentioned before, I can also give you interview, if I or you see each others online ;)
Ithili, Sentinel commander and adoptive mother of a hippogryph
Falkos, blind stay home -dad
Ithili
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Itihili

Postby Rhonove on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Ithili wrote:Hi, all sounds good, but can't help but notice that ? mark at the begenning of the text. Orcs became treath to elves, when they came (about 25 or so years ago) to Kalimdor during the third war.

In other parts, I would also say this application is good to go. And even if I am not mentioned before, I can also give you interview, if I or you see each others online ;)

Thanks Ithili, I wasn't quite sure of the timeline.
Rhonove

Postby Thondalar on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Ithili wrote:Hi, all sounds good, but can't help but notice that ? mark at the begenning of the text. Orcs became treath to elves, when they came (about 25 or so years ago) to Kalimdor during the third war.

10 years ago, according to Blizzards official timeline. The way the timelines change has confused me too. :)
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar
Class: Druid

Postby Ithili on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 am

You mean official timeline(2010)?that ends into Lich King and doesn't count Cata, Panda or WoD? I like to refer more toward unnofficial timelineas it is more detailed and better updated.
Ithili
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Postby Reljen on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Warcraft Ultimate Visual Guide, released in October 2013.

That's the most recent official Timeline we've been given. Sure, it timeline regarding WoW expansions may feel a bit weird, since less time have gone than in terms of RL years. Still, it doesn't hurt if one thinks of background and not years of active roleplaying.
Reljen

Character: Reljen

Postby Thondalar on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:40 pm

What Reljen said. I got the book at home, and it's very very good ^^
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Ithili on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:24 am

Nice, thanks.
Ithili
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Postby Aariam on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi! Are you still interested in joining the guild?

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Rhonove on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 am

Yes! Sorry. I've been away for a bit but I'm hoping to be on a lot from now on. I'll give one of the officers a whispers if I ever see them online. =)
Rhonove

Postby Aariam on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 am

Cool! We're not on a lot at the moment, but hopefully you can catch one of us. :)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Aariam on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 am

Heya! I'll ask again, are you still interested in joining the order? :)

Aariam
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Bookshelf