Application - Khardani

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Application - Khardani

Postby Khardani Nightwalker on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:50 am

Char Name: Khardani (Not sure about surname yet)
Char Class: Druid
Char Level:100
Char Age: 389
Your RL age: 17
Your RL gender: Boy

Background Story:
Khardani was born in the the city of Isildien in Feralas (before the battle for Mount Hyjal) however, he grew up in a small village in Ashenvale.He had a fairly good childhood there. He lived with his mother for quite some time. His father was a druid champion, rarely home and always busy fighting in wars. His mother was a priestess of Elune and were very strict towards little Khardani. When Khardani was about 97 years old, his father was killed for reasons that remains unknown. This tragedy has left a big scar on his mother. Khardani, not knowing his father that well, were shocked by the news. His mother was never the same since the day his father died. She stopped caring about Khardani and would not take care of him anymore. So she sent him off to live his own life as a mere child. He never saw his mother again. Alone in the forest of Ashenvale, Khardani was spotted sitting near a little lake all alone with tears running down from his eyes. by an elder. The elder could sense that the boy had a natural gift and the potential to become a druid, so The elder brought Khardani to his village.
50 years later, Khardani began his training towards becoming a mighty druid himself. As time passed on, he was getting better and better, eventually specializing in the art of shapeshifting into a stalking predator, as his father. He worked incredibly hard on rehearsing his skills and abilities. By then he is 301 years old. The elder druid trainers looked upon him as a worthy fighter. They gave him the chance to risk his life for the safety of others. Khardani agreed, as he knew what was at stake.
Eventually, he was sent off to fight alongside the Avengers of Hyjal, to battle the Firelord. During the Cataclysm era at the age of 387 years old. Gone for months, to finally return home to Darnassus victoriusly. He was praised as a hero amongst his other druid companions.

What Khardani had accomplished in Pandaria remains unknown.

Khardani, now a member of Druids of the Claw, has been away for a while trying to battle against the Iron horde as well as the Horde on Draenor.

Why do you wish to join us?
I am a very new Roleplayer. I've never really done it seriously. But a few times, here and there in Stormwind I always popped in randomly, when I see fellow night elves RP'ing casually. I always RP with them and when we're done they keep telling me to check out Natures Grasp! So I did :) I know there will be a lot of stupid holes in the backgroundstory. I just wanted to keep it very simple and I really hope it is good enough. I am aware you guys are you used to high quality RP. T've never done this before and I did my best :) Also, it is one of my goals learning and evolving to become a better RP'er!

Why does your char wish to join us?
After long battles, long campaigns and expeditions. Khardani's only wish is to return to his home capital city, Darnassus and reunite with his fellow brothers and sisters.
Tell us something about yourself!
I am a 17 years old boy. I am Kurdish. I can speak Kurdish, Turkish, Danish, a little bit German, Swedish, English and Spanish. ALSO, I can speak a little bit of Swedish now! I go to school at the moment. I love FIFA! and WoW ofc. I am very very new beginner roleplayer which has made me very nervous about making this application. I really wish to become a better RP'er and make new night elf friends !!!

Thank you for taking your time to read all of this! :)
Last edited by Khardani Nightwalker on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Khardani Nightwalker

Character: Khardani
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Re: Application - Khardani

Postby Thondalar on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

Hello and thanks for the application! :D

A few pointers to poke out regarding your backstory:

You said your char was born on Teldrassil. This is sadly not possible, as Teldrassil is only little over 10 years old. The tree was only grown during the Third War, after Nordrassil was destroyed.

You also said he became a master in the shape of stalking predators. By that I assume you mean catform? Yet druids of the Talon is the druids that focus mainly on the birdform. On scouting and spying. :D Druids of the Claw is the ones which focus on cat and bearform.

Everyone is new at some point, and elf lore is wast and interresting. The mistakes are minor, so you don't have to worry much about that. :) With a few minor tweaks it's a perfectly good application. I reccomend you reading this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362516394
That is my bookmarked link to Nelf guide lore. It's well written and detailed. :D (I read it over again all the time) I am not a officer anymore, so i cannot give it my seal of approval, but I can lend my kyboard for a few tips.
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Edradir on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:24 am

Hi Khardani,

It was a pleasure to meet you in Stormwind.
Unfortunatly our rp session was short lived due the Stormwind regiment moving out for war to Draenor.
None the less it was nice and fun to see another night elf rp'er. :)

I'm not a member of Natures grasp so I have no weight on recruiting and all.
But Aslaya had the opportunity to travel with them through Draenor and it was a true adventure.
If you are looking for Kaldorei rp then I vouch for Natures grasp.

When you see Aslaya again, feel free to ask for another blessing, she will be honoured.

I wish you luck and hopefully we meet again.

Ps: Background stories always evolve in time as the player gets more into rp'ing. Details are changed and blanks are filled in.
Edradir

Postby Khardani Nightwalker on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:18 am

Oh god, how I feel so stupid right now! I'll will try to change it as soon as possible. :( I am only familiar with Druids of the talon. I thought being a feral would also go well with being a spy or scout. I fully understand though. An embarassing moment, gosh! :(((((( I am truly thankful for the feedback though. /Thumbs up Aslaya it would be a pleasure to meet you again! You're really good at RP'ing by the way.
Khardani Nightwalker

Postby Calisar on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:24 pm

As has been said above, everyone starts somewhere and Nelf RP is absolutely vast and easily confused. ;) (I still don't get half of it)

I'm certainly no expert on Druid lore but there's a decent back story here and it would be interesting to see how you do at the interview stage. Feel free to contact any of the officer team in the meantime for more info. Aariam, Kathene, Calisar, Menori and Salirien.

Let's see if anyone else has any comments in the meantime.

We tend to keep names linked to the main character applying btw, so we'll need to switch yours over to Khardani too ;)
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Thondalar on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Gipsyboy wrote:Oh god, how I feel so stupid right now! I'll will try to change it as soon as possible. :( I am only familiar with Druids of the talon. I thought being a feral would also go well with being a spy or scout. I fully understand though. An embarassing moment, gosh! :(((((( I am truly thankful for the feedback though. /Thumbs up Aslaya it would be a pleasure to meet you again! You're really good at RP'ing by the way.

Don't be! <3 Everyone starts somewhere, and when I started out as a druid I did the exact same thing. You seem kind and willing to take feedback and learn, so I am sure you'll do great very soon :D
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Salirien on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello! Thank you for the application! =)

Getting to know the history and lore of the Night Elves can seem a little daunting at first, but you'll do fine, I'm sure!

The corrections made seem fine with me. Keep in mind that the Night Elves came into contact with The Horde (and most of the mortal races, really) during the Third War(roughly 20 years ago), so Khardani's father could not have been killed by the Horde if it took place almost 300 years ago! =) I recommend that you take a look at the link Thondalar posted above, as it might answer some of your questions. Also, don't hesitate to ask the officers. We're here to help!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Priestess

Postby Aariam on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:19 am

Hi there!

Interesting with all of those language skills - I am a linguist myself, so it is always fun to see people that know a lot of languages. :D

Your story has gone under some good changes, and it's fine to not grasp everything immidiately - when I made my first night elf character, I made her 17 years old and thought -that- was the adult age. Everyone starts somewhere. ;)

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is the age where you druid was "set free". A lot of druids were sleeping until the start of the Third War, some 10-15 years ago - but I may be completely wrong about this (ping druid experts).
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Eluvere on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:16 pm

If Im not mistaken the lore on the obligation of Emerald Dream is (as usual) a bit vague.

Iirc many of the druids that were sleeping until the Third War were sent into the Dream at the time the pact with Ysera was made, long before Khardani's birth. Since he is so young and it's never specified when druids are required to sleep exactly, I don't think it's a problem that he hasn't yet.

Also, be careful with referring to yourself(or have other backgroundchars refer to you) as 'hero', or call your father a 'champion'. It can make it sound like your character is OP or that it is by default stronger than other characters, which is not always fun for everyone. :)

Well I'm not an officer so this is just my opinion and 2cents.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Khardani Nightwalker on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 am

I must say, it has been a great experience reading all of the replies to the application! You guys are really awesome. I will admit I was a bit naive, thinking that it would be easy to make a backstory. My eyes has been opened and I now see how much more complicated it really is. Which is all a part of the learning process! Am I right? :) I'm excited and shaking. Sweat is dripping down from my forehead. I can taste blood in my mouth. I stand here, awaiting the decision from the officers. What will become of me? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Khardani Nightwalker

Postby Salirien on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:36 am

We've all had to make changes to our backstory at some point, so no worries there ^^ I'm all for giving you an interview! Just need a second officer's consent ^^
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Aerandyr on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Changes? I never have. I'm perfect. Flawless.
Aerandyr
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Aerandyr

Postby Aariam on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Let's get this interview done! :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam

Postby Khardani Nightwalker on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:19 pm

That's right that's right! I'm hyped and ready! LEt's get this show ON THE ROAD naow! :3
Khardani Nightwalker

Postby Ithili on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:58 am

Rp with Gipsyboy/Khardani yesterday as he came along with me and Ilisariel. I have to say he is one of most enthusiastic NG newbie fan I have ever met and I am sure he would make great and active member. We had really nice rp for 2-3 hours and he did excellent. He grasps way of speech and emote really well, if I wouldn't know, I would say he has rp longer time.

As I had icly invited him with, we also created lil back story for our chars as we are both from Feralas.They are childhood/young adulthood friends and roamed Feralas jungles together about 150-200 years ago, when Khardani was in druid training. As he was originally from Feralas, the druid that found him in Ashenvale, send him back/ brought him back/came with him to Feralas, where he met Ithi, who had become to mainland by then and was a ranger. From Ithi's tiger companions Khardani got good, live model of how to be feral feline. When he had free time from druid lessons that is, and could go out to the woods. They have reckless big sis- rational baby bro relationship going, but haven't seen each other for last 50-30 years or so, but have vague knowledge what other has been doing. Today as Ithi comes back to give report, she will bring him over to introduce himself to the order.

Anyways, I vouch for this guy. Great fun.

hmm...I could become preinterview newbie hoarder with my on going rp journey :twisted: :lol:
Ithili, Sentinel commander and adoptive mother of a hippogryph
Falkos, blind stay home -dad
Ithili
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Itihili
Class: Hunter

Next

Return to The Bookshelf