Postby Nalaeryn on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Char Name: Aien Darkfrost
Char Class: Mage
Char Level: 92
Char Age: Before the Sundering.
Your RL age: 21
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:

Standing by the waters edge you see a man with purple hair. He is humming to himself as he waves his arms about over the lake. Looking across, the water curdles and ripples as sudden jets of water burst forth in an explosive shower of droplets.
before long the water's surface is dancing with streams of water twisting and turning, like a stage performance. Your gaze drifts back, a glint in his eyes and a smile on his face. Upon his cheek glows a shape, you may or may not know it's meaning. It is only faint, but you can sense it has an energy about it. Looking even closer there are more, mere faded tattoos but existent nonetheless. A few on his face, and a few on his exposed hands. tilting your head until you notice his smirk, he's seen you watching, he knows your there. You blink in surprise and before you know it, with a flick of his wrist, a gentle splash hits you in the face. You wipe your eyes clear and see him looking back, a happy grin on his face, almost one with a childlike glee. Wiping your eyes his attention is back to the water, the cacophony of splashes even more epic than before. A Finale if there ever was one, he still catches your eyes, a sideways smirk looking back at you. 'Surely he isn't just trying to show off to me' you think to yourself. A great wall of water rises up, a distorted mirror to the world behind it before it shatters, a faint sprinkle of vapour drifts down over every blade of grass. The area appears to have such fidelity, the beauty of the droplets reflecting the moon grants an eerie glow all around. Possible unimpressed you shake yourself off, prepare to give him a telling off until you hear a gentle squealing, laughter in fact as you peer to the other side of the lake. There are three children sitting, arms flailing. they look so happy and delighted, could this be his goal?
You look back and he's gone.
Until a hand rests against your shoulder, you flinch but before you can utter a word his low but kind voice speaks out "You can make beauty from anything, you can shape anything with just a new perspective. Even in the gloomiest place, wonderful things can be made. And after all the fun, the world can return to what it was. Happiness is what you make of it".
And with that, he places the tip of his staff to the water, closes his eyes and with one moment of clarity the lake grows still. He opens his eyes and looks at you, he smiles. Regardless of your reaction he seems very content with what transpired.
You tell him "This is not normal behavior for a highborne", He chuckles a moment before patting you on the back.
"Where is the beauty in being normal young one". His voice echo's an innocent, almost childish quality. But behind those words is a passion and intelligence wise beyond his age.

(I hope you like my little story, of course if more information is required, or you'd like more of an actual history please do say so)

Why do you wish to join us? I've wanted to have an elf in NG for a long time, just never had the confidence. Friend of mine convinced me to follow in the footsteps of Jim Carrey's 'Yes man'. So Here I am :)
Why does your char wish to join us? Aien is seeking somewhere to belong, and half integrate him into a normal life.
Tell us something about yourself! I've been RP'ing for a year and a half, this would be my first ever true second RP Charecter. Hobbies outside of WoW, Aside from other games, i self teach myself Piano, Listen to music almost always be it Classical/ Epic pieces (ask and ill link examples), up to rock and metal. An unwavering love for fluffy animals, top rated being cats. I have 2 called Bonnie and Clyde.
Nalaeryn

Character: Hallothes
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Monk

Re: Highborne Aien Darkfrost

Postby Eluvere on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:02 pm

That story is a nice sweet read!

Just had a nice chat with this guy ingame. Ill leave the background up to the officers to judge but for the rest it's a thumbs up from me :D
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druidess

Postby Calisar on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:11 pm

That... was a fantastic application story :D really nicely done! he sounds upbeat and interesting. Thumbs up from me too ;)
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Elysar on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:46 am

I agree, really well written Aien ;) ...also known as my wonderful friend :D Glad you finally decided to apply, and he gets all the thumbs up from me that I have. (aka. two. oh I'm so funny.) Big vouch for great guy!<3
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

Postby Salirien on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:43 am

Interesting story, Aien! Application looks good to me =) Poke one of the officers in game (Me, Menori, Aariam, Kathene or Calisar) so we can set up an interview!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Aariam on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:13 am

I see you've already been in the guild as well. I'll vouch for you as well, and Salirien has already told you what you need to do. ;) We'll have to change your name though if this is your new main character in the guild!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Anhagath on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Awesome. :)
"My favorite color is fire."
Anhagath

Character: Anhagath
Class: Mage

Postby Draerion on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Wow. I like the introduction of the character already. Thumbs up :D
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Character: Draerion
Class: Druid

Postby Aariam on Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey, what's happened with this? Has an interview been made, and if not, are you still interested in joining?

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Elysar on Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm

I don't think Aien is interested in joining anymore as he changed server. So you can scratch this app off the list :)
I love Nature's Grasp <3
Elysar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Elysar
Class: Hunter

Postby Aariam on Thu May 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Alright then. :) Locking and shelving.

Aariam
Site Admin

Return to The Bookshelf