Postby Minras on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Char Name: Minraswen
Char Class: Huntress
Char Level: 96 (100 coming)
Char Age: 288
Your RL age: 35
Your RL gender: male

Background Story:
I was born in Nightsong Woods not far from Raynewood Retreat. Our settlement consisted mostly of druids protecting the forests. Me, though, showed no inclination to druid spells but held passion in lonely wanderings in woods and observing wildlife. When time came to choose my way in life, I chose to become a scout at outskirts of our premises.
Yet, my ties with my clan were always strong, and when I felt the urge to see the world, the most difficult part was to say goodbye to my kinsmen. That’s why when I heard that the night elves united into a guild, I decided that it’s a great opportunity for a traveler like me.

Why do you wish to join us?
I've recently migrated to Defias Brotherhood from a PvE realm in search of PvP and Roleplaying.
Initially I thought about joining some roleplaying guild, but when I found Natures Grasp, I decided that the idea of an elven guild is even better. Way better.
Besides, roleplaying a kaldorei can be a challenging experience for me as previously I had more Middleearthish look at night elves.
And more challenges would be roleplaying in English as it's not my native language.

Why does your char wish to join us?
As I mentioned in my quenta, I decided to explore the world. Natures Grasp is a known community of elven travelers. So I hope I can be helpful and can be helped by other elves.

Tell us something about yourself!
I am a software developer; originally from Ukraine, now living in the Netherlands.
In the past I had quite some experience in Live Action Roleplaying Games. Unfortunately, it's difficult to find enough time for LARP now, so I'm trying to fill that gap in Warcraft. By the way, in LARP I also mostly played elves.
I've been playing WoW since 2009. Was raiding in epoch of Lich King with enhance shaman and restoration druid, made a break in Cataclism, in Pandaria played huntress in relaxed mode (mostly on battlegrounds).
Chosen a female character because boys have weird grip on bows (basically night elf girls are only characters who hold the bow correctly).
As I find PvP a big fun and I don't have time for a serious raiding, I moved to a PvP realm with a good roleplaying community. That's why I'm here.
Last edited by Minras on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Minras

Character: Minraswen
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Hunter

Re: Application: Minraswen

Postby Aariam on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 am

Ah, an interesting backstory - I like it! The only criticism I have is that Felwood was created during the Third War as a result of the Legion's invasion, thus it hasn't been around for more than 10-15 years. It's fine to say there's been people dedicated to keep it at bay, but it can't have existed for too long. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Postby Minras on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 am

Hi Aariam,
Hm, interesting. Well, maybe I just remove the ' from the Felwood Forest plague' part then? :)
Minras

Postby Aariam on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 am

That'd look fine to me! :D

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Minras on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:36 am

Done :)
Minras

Postby Draerion on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Very nice indeed, especially to find an elven dedicated player too!(even if Nelf is far from being similar to Tolkiens' elven kind)
I just would point out that perhaps 288 years are below the age when an elf is considered adult(normally around 300y.o.).
Wether or not the character in itself may show adult and mature traits, considering still that 288 is a considerable age for any living being, among the elven kin of the kaldorei, your huntress would be looked upon as still a youth from the most.
If you are comfortable with that I have no qualms to wind about, and can only wish you the best luck with the application and look forward to meet you in game :).

On a minor note, I would likely know what kind of elf you role played LARP way in terms of Middleearthish content; feel free to answer via PM since is a personal curiosity and won't bother the thread here with petty chat :D
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Character: Draerion
Class: Druid

Postby Thondalar on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:37 pm

I RP a elf which is rather young as well. Yes, other elves treats him as a youngster, but that is part of the charm. He is not great at what he does yet, which again is the charm of a young character. ^^ 288 is young, but as long as you are good with other elves treating your char was a youngling, then I see no problem in it :)
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Minras on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Draerion wrote:I just would point out that perhaps 288 years are below the age when an elf is considered adult(normally around 300y.o.).

Indeed, I read those suggestions on the forum. But 'if you're not a rebel at seventeen, you have no heart', so I've chosen the young age on purpose as it looked like a perfect time for leaving the woods and start searching for adventures.

I RP a elf which is rather young as well.

Thanks for support :)
Minras

Postby Draerion on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Minras wrote:Indeed, I read those suggestions on the forum. But 'if you're not a rebel at seventeen, you have no heart', so I've chosen the young age on purpose as it looked like a perfect time for leaving the woods and start searching for adventures.

I didn't know you were aware of the adult age lore, so mine was merely pointing out a fact. If you are aware of it and likely still wish to rp as a youngster, go one, you a re more than welcome :)
Just do not believe that a youth among Kaldorei is something that can make a parallel with a human seventeen years old, for is completely different.
Said that, I repeat my wishing you good luck and to have soon opportunity for us to meet in game :3

May your arrows strike always, huntress :P
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Postby Minras on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Draerion wrote:Just do not believe that a youth among Kaldorei is something that can make a parallel with a human seventeen years old, for is completely different.

With that I totally agree.
Frankly speaking, I never cared about age. Just didn't want to be old wise elf, but rather a wandering adventurer.
I'll add two hundred years then. Who counts :)
Minras

Postby Aariam on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:51 am

Indeed, it is an important distinction to make. Time moves at the same rate for both races, so kaldorei at 300 are still 300, and humans at 300 are... dead. ;) It's why the kaldorei are so majestically superior. :D

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Draerion on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Aariam wrote:Indeed, it is an important distinction to make. Time moves at the same rate for both races, so kaldorei at 300 are still 300, and humans at 300 are... dead. ;) It's why the kaldorei are so majestically superior. :D

Speaking of a certain Commander there, mh? I see where you are going...
;P :P :P :P
Draerion

Postby Aariam on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Draerion wrote:
Aariam wrote:Indeed, it is an important distinction to make. Time moves at the same rate for both races, so kaldorei at 300 are still 300, and humans at 300 are... dead. ;) It's why the kaldorei are so majestically superior. :D

Speaking of a certain Commander there, mh? I see where you are going...
;P :P :P :P

Of course. ;)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Thondalar on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Night elves mature the same rate as any race. They are physically adult at 18-20 as humans are, however they are culturally not counted as adults before around 300, in terms of experience and knowledge.
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Aariam on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Exactly, since when your elders are 10000 years old, 300 is puny. ;)

It's relatable to our society as well. Some countries let people drink alcohol from 16 years of age, some 18, some 20, some 21 etc. etc.

Aariam
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Bookshelf