Postby Morcurien on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Char Name: Morcurien Blackleaf
Char Class: Druid of the Claw
Char Level: 20ish
Char Age: 625
Your RL age: 25
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:
((Was gonna write a short backstory. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I wrote an essay))

“We are so lost!” Jimmy said. “It’s hopeless. By the light, it looks like nighttime.”
“Be quiet!” Arynn snarled. He lowered his voice abruptly. “This way.” He gestured at a dead tree on a nearby hill. His old bones crunched loudly in the dead silence of the forest. He glared at young Jimmy when he saw that he did not have his sword unsheathed. The youngster knew what to do almost as if he had heard the old man say it. He grabbed his short sword from its sheath. “We should have stayed on the road.” Arynn said irritated. “Move along now. The Watch should be near now. This place seems familiar.” Jimmy held his sword like an untrained boy. He was in fact that. Untrained. He had been sent by his father to deliver a message to Althea Ebonlocke herself. It was important he handed it over personally. Jimmy was often tempted to open the letter and read its content, but he knew better in the end. The letter had been sealed after all. CRUNCH! The boy yelped at the sound of a twig breaking. He had nearly dropped his sword. The sound came from the dark. “To me, Jimmy!” Arynn commanded. “Be brave, boy. Whatever shows itself.”
The old man tried to remain calm and set the example. It rubbed off on Jim as he felt a burst of adrenaline go through his body. The bravery had gone as quick as it had come when he saw what the darkness of the forest finally revealed. A gigantic bear had stepped forward. It looked like it could hold a Tauren as a rider. With its mouth it was dragging a, what seemed to be, dying Worgen. It had grabbed him by the neck and the wolf man was now choking on its own blood. “Run!” Jimmy heard, but he did not dare to move. He felt Arynn pulling his arm, but young Jimmy did not budge. As the bear had moved closer he dropped the Worgen to the ground with a heavy thud. Jimmy was next. He knew. He dropped his sword and gave in to fate. Arynn had tried to scare the beast of with some hitting of his sword on his buckler. The bear had growled so loud at him that the poor man fell over backwards. The bear did not attack immediately. In fact he did not even pay attention to Jimmy, who still stood in the same place and was mere seconds away from soiling himself. The gargantuan was staring into the forest around them and started circling the humans. The beast kept his eyes on the darkness until he returned to the mutilated Worgen. He raised his enormous paw upon the now dead Worgen and let out a bellowing roar. To the humans’ astonishment the roar got a response of multiple angry howls and glaring yellow eyes from the dark. The bear managed to top every single howl with its mighty roars. They exchanged growls and howls for some moments until the howls started dying out. The wild Worgen were retreating back into the darkness. They had lost this battle.
The beast eyed both Jimmy and Arynn quickly and now turned to the Worgen corpse. As the bear did that the young traveler saw some symbols on the bear’s fur, near the upper forelegs. Arynn had managed to get back upon his feet and had grabbed Jimmy by his shaking shoulder. “This is our chance, boy.” he whispered. “Let’s move away quietly.” To Jim’s disgust the beast had started feasting upon the warm flesh of his fresh kill. He started by opening the wolf’s chest with his gigantic claw. “I-I think he is an Elf. A shape shifter. Look at the-“ “Don’t be daft, boy!” Arynn interrupted him. “No Elf would feast on a wild beast like that uncooked or unprepared. Let’s go!” Arynn picked up young Jimmy’s sword and shoved it into the owner’s hands. “Where would we go, then?” Jimmy protested. “You saw what’s out there. We wouldn’t last much longer. Those rabid Worgen are just waiting for us. I know it.” An argument was started. Arynn claimed they would figure something out and that they were close to the Watch. He felt it in his gut. Jimmy had retaliated with the argument of the monstrous bear saving their lives. Around him they were safest. Arynn disagreed by pointing out the size of the bear and reminding Jimmy how he had killed that Worgen. The bear had heeded no attention towards the humans and was feasting happily and loudly. He had not looked up from his meal until Jimmy stepped towards him slowly. The beast let out a soft growl, warning the human not come near his prey. “Sha-sha ha lor’ma” Jimmy said uncertain. The bear tilted his head as he was chewing on what looked like the heart of the fallen Worgen. Behind the boy Arynn was standing in a defensive position with his sword and buckler risen. “Don’t provoke him, Jimmy!” Jimmy ignored the older man. “Elune…” he was struggling to find the words he had heard most frequently working in the docks with his father. “Adore.” he decided. The huge bear stepped forward as he choked down the last bits of the Worgen heart. His beastly face did not show bad intentions. Not anymore. Jimmy lowered his sword as he felt safer now. “Ishnu-dal-dieb.” he said and he found himself smiling softly. The bears face changed back to the one he had when he first showed himself; Angry and ferocious. Without warning the beast of a bear started charging at Jimmy. Jimmy only had time left to close his eyes and hear Arynn shout out his name in anguish.
“Am I dead?” Jimmy thought. “It’s so quiet and peacefull.” He opened his eyes only to have them meet with the yellow glowing eyes of an enormous Elf. He was tall even by Kaldorei standard. And he was as bulky as when he was still a bear. His head was covered in long green hair accompanied by an untrimmed beard. Jimmy could still see rests of Worgen guts in his beard. The Elf opened his mouth and spoke in a voice that was no more soothing then the growls of the bear: “Do not speak words of which you do not know the meaning,”

((Alright, ending it here for now. I’m not a writer or anything, so I hope you enjoyed the read.))

Why do you wish to join us?
Haven’t really been involved in Kaldorei Lore, but recently gained interest in it via my favorite Heroes of the Storm Heroes: Malfurion, Tyrande and Illidan. Also I have never leveled a druid before. What better way to learn about the Kaldorei/Druid lore then through a Nelf Guild?

Why does your char wish to join us?
Morcurien has been in hiding for the last couple of years. He feels like it is safe for him to come out of hiding now to join his Kaldorei brothers and sisters once more. He is also in dire need of social interaction due to his past solitary lifestyle.

Tell us something about yourself!
Hey, My name is Kenny. I’m from the Netherlands. My hobbies are watching movies, playing games (HotS, LoL, WoW and random RPG’s) and when it’s nice outside I also enjoy swimming a lot. I’m in a relationship with a young woman who I have known for over 5 years now and I intend to marry her one day. We are complete opposites, but enjoy each other’s presence a lot. I’m still studying IT, but I plan to start my own café/bar for Gamers (Computer Games, Board games , Card games). Here people with the same interest can meet easily and hangout. The plan is still in development. :D
Morcurien

Character: Morcurien
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Re: Application: Morcurien Blackleaf

Postby Salirien on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Thank you for the application, Morcurien! And what an application it is, I really liked this! Good way of giving us an impression of the character, for certain. And if you're looking for lore, we have quite a few links on the forum about all sorts of lore. Feel free to have a look around, or ask the officers (me, Aariam, Calisar, Kathene and Menori) if there's anything you're curious about =)

As a sidenote, I love the name Morcurien, so this is a big thumbs up from me. Another officer will have to approve before we schedule an interview.
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Priestess

Postby Morcurien on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Salirien wrote:Thank you for the application, Morcurien! And what an application it is, I really liked this! Good way of giving us an impression of the character, for certain. And if you're looking for lore, we have quite a few links on the forum about all sorts of lore. Feel free to have a look around, or ask the officers (me, Aariam, Calisar, Kathene and Menori) if there's anything you're curious about =)

As a sidenote, I love the name Morcurien, so this is a big thumbs up from me. Another officer will have to approve before we schedule an interview.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I'll search around the forum for lore.
Morcurien

Character: Morcurien

Postby Calisar on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Wow... Really enjoyed the atmospheric tale here ;) wonderfully written (only missed a couple of paragraph breaks to help the reader navigate, it'd be a shame to get lost in such a fantastic tale).

Bits of worgen guts in his beard? Eurgh! Haha ;)

Thumbs up, he sounds a very interesting feral druid, hopefully we can catch you online soon to progress the app.
"It's silly wrong.. but vivid right"
Calisar

Character: Calisar
Class: Priest + Druid

Postby Draerion on Sun May 03, 2015 9:45 pm

As South Park teaches, Kenny is a good name for a scape goat, or a sacrificial offer.
So well..you are more then welcome to join our ranks...we'll praise Elune, and pray to her bathing in your blo-

Ahem, I was saying that would be perfect for you to join our throwing of flowers and banquets!

Joking aside, I really enjoyed the short background story, and have to say, a druid more would not harm us; on the contrary it would be a nice add to boost up our ranks again, not to mention that I really like the impression your character gave me.

So looking forward to have you around, be in or not the Order, I am sure there could be nice outcome.

Keep up the good work and good luck!
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Character: Draerion

Postby Aariam on Thu May 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Heya!

Sorry for us taking so long to process your application; I've just gotten back from a month-long break myself (or at least it feels like I just came back).

Before we move on, I'd like to inform you that the guild is currently discussing a guild-wide move to Argent Dawn. It is by no means final, and we're currently still in talks, but it is something that might happen in the near future.

Please poke me in game if you are still interested in joining and we can set up an IC interview. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Aariam on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 am

Since I have gotten no reply, I'll close this application for now. If you are interested in joining again, poke me in game and we can open it up once more. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf