Cyneste Windsong Application

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Cyneste Windsong Application

Postby Cyneste on Fri May 01, 2015 1:50 am

Char Name:Cyneste Windsong (Yes i applied before :P)
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 93 (Atm but planning on levelling)
Char Age: 573 Years
Your RL age: 23 (God i'm too old for this..)
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story: Cyneste Windsong is a kind and thoughtful druid, Born and raised in Ashenvale, She has ventured on a journey to help the whole of Azeroth with her unique skills as a Druid. She still has much to learn on the way to the path of enlightenment but as she knows that with help her knowledge and understanding can easily be translated into a little adventure and maybe give her the freedom she could well need. She is one of many that can turn into a great many forms although her favourite appearance would be as a stag or a cat as she finds these forms to be more comfortable than on her weary feet from time to time and also seems to shorten her journeys, She is very fond of the moonlight and her eyes glow brighter whilst looking up towards the moon, She loves to walk though forrests on long time consuming strolls just to either relieve a little tension or stress or just for the sake of it, Infact i would say that walking through calm forests is maybe one of her favourite things to do. She loves to make new friends and is very keen to find more too.

A few key concepts to avoid the most common lore errors are:
* Teldrassil/Darnassus was raised after the battle at mount Hyjall (10-15 years ago)
* We had no knowledge of virtually any of the other playable races before the battle at Mount Hyjal.
* We didn't know Eastern Kingdoms existed before the battle at Mount Hyjal.

Why do you wish to join us?

Because i am hoping that maybe i can learn more about roleplaying as a druid and also as a night elf. Also since this is a re-application i hope to get to know the guild members since i know who some are and i have them on Real ID heh :D

Why does your char wish to join us?

Because she feels that with knowledge and understanding she may become a better druid in time.

Tell us something about yourself!

My name is Sam, I'm 23 from Wolverhampton in the UK,
I live in a little village not far from the main city.
I've been on this server for around 4-5 years now and I have many characters on the realm and feel since RP is dying down i need somewhere new to go.
I have extensive roleplaying experience and have encounted many situations tough and hard and i've handled them as best as i possibly can on my main (Sen-Lei Cloudsinger from Aegwynn Academy(Previously Blooming Lotus), Kaitlyn Foxtrot in Holy Lightbringers and more.

I really hope that you can give my application a thought and hopefully i will join you (Again) soon :)
Last edited by Cyneste on Sat May 02, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyneste

Character: Cyneste
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Re: Cyneste Windsong Application

Postby Draerion on Sat May 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi Cyneste!
Well, first, thanks for have sent an application to us.
Second: The background for my opinion is just vague, but is nothing ic enquiring can't fix. :3
Third: I am no officer, nor entitled to dish out any opinion, but still I'd like to know more of this druid.
Fourth: ...
Fifth: I don't like the 4...is a bad number.
Sixth: Hope to see you soon in game :D
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Character: Draerion

Postby Cyneste on Sat May 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Thank you for the input, I agree the background is vague and can be fixed, I'm sure that a few members are willing to help out with it possibly.

Also thank you for a honest approval, It means alot :D
Cyneste

Postby Ithili on Wed May 06, 2015 10:44 am

Hi S/ Cyneste *hugs*

As we are already old friends from other guilds, I will give my honest, brutal and lore bitching input as former officer. I know what seniors are looking, so I can help with that, even if I can't give you approval. Note to all others, yes, I know this guy and he is good roleplayer and indeed has been playing years.

First of all, it is good you did give us heads up you know at least SOME of the lore basics, but whole background story is just too vague. If I were senior, I would not accept it as it is now. Like did she train at Moonglade? Did some other druid teach her somewhere or is she MarySue prodigy who just learned on her own? What she did before, as girls have been accepted only recently and female druids are not that common ( yes, there has been exception before, but those are exceptions).

Enlightment? What enlightenment? We don't have that. Or you simply refer to: Ready as trained druid?

It is nice to know how she reacts to nature and other things, common for Kaldorei culture. Good thing too that she is clearly adult and you know where she comes from.

Stag and feline forms do differ quite a lot in mental setting and depending on personality of the druid, one chooses and prefers one form, I think. And I hope some druid will affirm this? Of course one person can have both gentle and aggressive side and preference may vary (I sure do). Also preferring one form simply to ease traveling can be a reason, but I doubt it's hardly the reason to prefer one, nor are esthetics.

In general, application is for senior team to see following things: Player understands at least the basics of lore (your post leaves that bit open), can write understandable english and produce at least bit more then couple of lines of text (you sure do), knows how to rp OR is ready to learn more (as you do), character does fit the guild and meets the ic requirements (witch you do, as she seems nice person) . Do also notice this is bigger guild, with different customs then HLB and with more structure, so before you get ic interview and join the guild, more then one senior will read and comment about it. That's just way it goes. In game whisper "I want to join" simply just don't cut it, but guess you know that already. Be patient ^^
Ithili, Sentinel commander and adoptive mother of a hippogryph
Falkos, blind stay home -dad
Ithili
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Itihili
Class: Hunter

Postby Thondalar on Wed May 06, 2015 11:09 am

Hi! Thanks for the application! Mind I am not a officer anymore, but I'll give my two cents none the less.

Vague in my opinion is fine. Not everyone joins with a detailed background fleshed out, hell, mine was not much different then your own. That she prefers these two forms is also fine, since after the cataclysm druids of the wild (those who took more then one preferred form) became more of a norm. Some people RP that they prefer one form due to the mentality, like Ithili mentioned, but this is not a prerequisite for a druid. My own druid struggle with cat form, because he is a druid of the Antler, and thus have the calm mentality of a stag mainly. (and he is young)

And you are not too old for this! XD *pets her own 27 years.*

So all in all, while a bit vague on details, the background is fine, and have room for plenty development and things you can add later as you get accustomed to your character :D
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar

Postby Cyneste on Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

The years fly by for me so i do feel old haha but yeah again thanks for the tips and approvals i appreciate it, Heck if anyone wants to go through the lore with me i'd be happy to skype with anyone willing to help my skype name is: delfknight (Because it was my main once upon a time) so yeah if you feel like helping me come up with something i'd greatly appreciate it! :D
Cyneste

Postby Cyneste on Thu May 07, 2015 5:33 pm

I just realised i never left a contact hehe the character name is: Truedruid (Yeah i know it's lame) or if i'm not on that char then my battletag is FlameSpirit#2365
Cyneste

Postby Cyneste on Sun May 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Still waiting on an invitation or reply, Seems that nobody or none of the officers are online :( Hopefully someone can get back to me about it
Cyneste

Postby Draerion on Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am

Of late, officer been on the run, hardly present, and I would explain it with the proximity of exams time and whatsoever.
I wouldn't know how to help you, except to say to be patient.

For what concern the shape taken, I would point out that is not only a choice coming from the personality of the druid, but rather voting oneself, as druid, toward a particular spirit, in order to gain powers from it, and assuming of it the form chosen.
As Thondy pointed out, there are the Druids of the Wild, which would choose among various forms. Yet if I must say mine, it is either true that I find more logic and out of in game mechanics that a druid can take just one form, if none at all.
Aniway, I hope that soon enough one in charge will give you an hand and do not keep you waiting.

Said that, I renew my wishes of good fortune and hopes to meet you in game.
The time is not of any importance or consistence. Only the Life is important. You are alive. So live.
Draerion

Character: Draerion

Postby Salirien on Mon May 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi Cyneste! So sorry so few of us are around, it's true what Draerion says, exams are closing in at an alarming rate, so few of us have a lot of time for wow at the moment. We're sorry you've had to wait for so long, and hopefully we will be able to interview you shortly!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Priestess

Postby Cyneste on Mon May 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot it was exam season lol, No worries then i'll just wait it out abit :P
Cyneste

Postby Aariam on Thu May 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi there.

First of all, apologies for this taking so long. I just came back from a break myself about a week ago, and whilst I've spent this time trying to get back into WoW, I've also been lazy. :D

I think that it would be unfair to invite you without telling you of some of the goings on with the guild: we're currently discussing a guild-wide move to Argent Dawn. Whilst no decision has been reached as of yet, and discussions still running rampant, a guild move is something that might happen in the future. If a guild move happens, then activity will shut down on Defias Brotherhood. You are, of course, invited to join the rest of the guild on Argent Dawn as well - I simply thought that you should know what the Order may be going through in the near future.

In any case, I like your story, and if you find me online, please poke me and I can interview you. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Cyneste on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 am

Ahh right, Thankyou for the update, Sorry i haven't replied sooner i've been rather busy, If the guild moves to Argent Dawn then i too will move :), Hopefully i can get into contact with some of you who are still active, I shall be trying to get back into the swing of things after taking a little break so if any officer is active my real ID email is: cockysam@hotmail.com, If you leave a message explaining who you are then whenever you come online i can chat about the guild, Thanks guys :D
Cyneste

Postby Aariam on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:12 am

Good to hear, and no need to apologize. :) I'll add you up ASAP, but I will be taking a little trip today and will return tomorrow, so I will try and catch you on Sunday or after. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Cyneste on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:05 am

Awesome :) i shall be on after work then, Thanks for the rapid response :D
Cyneste