Niranthil Leafmantle

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Niranthil Leafmantle

Postby Niranthil on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 am

Char Name: Beaor Leafmantle
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 21 ATM, (will level him to 100 eventually)
Char Age: 356
Your RL age: 20
Your RL gender: Male

BEAOR

Beaor was brought up in northern Kalimdor, Ashenvale to be precise. He's destiny was to be a druid, like his older brother and farther. He always looked up to his
farther for guidance, and he became the one who taught him the ways of nature, and he was very gifted, like his family had always been.
His mother was a sentinell, and was not home alot, but when she was, she was very caring. They lived a peacefull life in the forest, with plenty of everything.
His brother and him used to sneak up on creatures they came across, when playing in the forest. He was very jealous of his brother, becouse he was always the better
of the two, but his brother, who was almost fifty years older than him, said it was because he had studied for a longer time.

One day, the two of them were playing in the eastern part of the forest, testing their skills on each other, in various forms. When suddenly, the so peacefull forrest
was filled with roars, crackeling of trees, and the sound of metal against metal. Soon the sounds were followed by screams in darnassian. They ran towards the
sounds and saw their sentinel protectors being overrun by a large number of green beings. Drolling and savage they cut down everyone at the outpost. they both looked
in horror. They would have aided their allies, but defeat was inevitable, they were greatly outnumberd. when the bloodshed had ended, and the outpost reduced to
crumbles, a large orc came running on a great black wolf. His brother and him agreed that the orc they saw comming, must have been the one in command.
They were both filled with rage, for they had seen their kin being slaugthered like deers. Soon night fell upon the outpost, and still none had dare to challenge
the new invaders. His brother and him had waited in hiding for hours. When the night was darkest they prowled close to the orcs, searching for the bigger one.
Most of the camp was alseep, and the ones on guard, sensed nothing when they passed. They found a great tent where the large orc was heavily asleep, but he was not
alone, a smalled orc layed beside him. They figured it had to be his mate. They crept up on each side of the bed and stabbed both of them, right where the heart
would be. Without a sound both of the orcs lives left this world. On their way out they stumbled upon the great black wolf they had seen the commanding orc ride.
Even though they were both skilled druids, the wolf had caught them by suprise. The wolf started howling fiercely, and soon they heard many footsteps comming towards
them. They managed to wound the wolf in the side, and it started bleeding heavily, Beaor and his brother started running, out of the camp. by then they could see
the sun rising behind the tree tops, but the wolf was not yet dead. it grabbed his brothers leg and he fell. but Beaor had no choice but to keep running, maybe the
orcs would keep him alive long enough, for him to get help. He ran faster than ever before. Back to the city of Astranaar, where they lived. Neither of his parents
were home, in fact no-one were. the city was compleetly epty, as if the orcs had already been there too. Seconds after his arrival, he heard roars and yelling, but
this time it was the roar of great panthers, and commands yelled in Darnassian. A great batallion of sentinels and rangers sprinted through astranaar, in a strict
formation. They ran towards the outpost. he saw his mother running by him, se did not see him. His farther too was among them, but he flew high above the batallion,
with other druids, wich beaor recognized most of, even in their raven form. Fear drove through him like a spear, and he hid himself in his family's house. He had
seen the orcs butcher an outpost full of elves hours before. So he waited, his fear didnt allow him to do otherwise, compleetly cripeled and afraid. but hours past
and he heard no roars of victory through the forest. He finally came to his senses, and ran to the outpost to aid his kin. but it was too late. more of the orcs
had joined and again they were outnumbered. He saw his brother, who was still alive, fighting fiercely and with all the strength he could muster, hundres of elves
were dead already, only a small amount of the great batallion remained. But to his surprise the orcs were starting to retreat. He ran to his brothers side, and
they mauled, ravaged, and tore over a dusin orcs side by side. when the fight was at an end they looked at each other, and his brother said wondering, ''where, in
elunes light, were you!?'', Beaor was not given anytime to answer, as soon as the words had left his brothers mouth, a jagged arrow pierced his brothers throat.
He could not aid him, the remaining orcs refused to give up, and as his brother died more orcs jumped on Beaor. His anger and grief gave him imense powers, and he
ripped orcs apart in numbers without count. finally the orcs had been pushed to a full retreat. When the fight ended, Beaor was devastated. He looked around the
battlefield, searching for his family, and he found them all. dead.
He woved to himself that day to never be afraid again, never to run away like a coward. He would forever stand his ground, and protect those he would come to love.

Years went by and he continued to study the was of the druid. He became opsessed with it. reading from dawn to dusk. practising and rehearsing. For he knew that
the world he loved, was in need of great heroes.

Beaor now searches for likeminded elves, he could eventually befriend in time. His studies is all he has at the moment.

ME

So i hope you like the background, i sure enjoyed writing it, if you have any question ill be happy to answer.

Anyway, I havent been RP'ing for about a year or so, so i am abit rusty, i am familiar with the basics though, and abit beyond.
I have been wanting to join an RP guild for quite some time. Ive looked around AD and trying out different races and such, but i think the Nighe elf Druid is the way
to go for me.
And this guild seems very promising, i talked to one of your officers earlier, and he made me curious. It really seems like a guild i would fit in.
i might need a bit of a polish as far as the rp goes, but its only a matter of days with the right people.

I am 20 years (21 to october)

I hope youll give me a spot, in your seemingly awesome guild!

(ps: sorry for any gramma fuckups :))
Niranthil

Character: Beaor
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Beaor Leafmantle

Postby Aariam on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 am

Hi there!

I think your story was very gripping and interesting, and I like it. :D I would only like to make sure (because Beaor sounds quite young during the attack) that you know that the initial Orcish attack on Ashenvale happened 10-15 years ago or so. :D

I'll let another officer take a peek on your app as well, but from me it's a thumbs up. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Aariam on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 am

Ah, and I see you chose Argent Dawn as your realm; cool! Just letting you know that the guild is officially moving on the 7th of August, so that's the first date when we'll be doing invites and stuff like that. :)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Niranthil on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks, glad you liked it! :)

And yeah i kinda wanted it to be related to the battle for mount hyjal, like he witnessed the first attack or something. I couldnt find a timeline on it, so i just went with my gut feeling, but i figured it had to be around 10-15 years aswell.

7th of August sounds good, ill have some time to polish my RP abit more :)
Niranthil

Postby Eluvere on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm not an officer but I would like to point out a few details in your story that might be inaccurate. Not as critique on your application but maybe something that can help future RP. ;)

In your story you show the beginning(I believe?) of the Ashenvale war, but if I'm correct it did not start as an all out war but as the orcs setting up a logging camp, unaware of elven presence. The first attack in fact came from our side, as the Sentinels opened fire on the unsuspecting orcs without warning. I feel the magnitude(our losses) of these early events in your story might be much larger than what is hinted towards in lore. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

My point is;
it can be tricky to tie your characters background -very detailed- into an actual historic event, as it might contradict the lore and/or other stories that other players have made up for their characters. (Imagine RPing with someone who wrote a similar background for his/her char, also very detailed but the lore bent into a different direction, your characters would be contradicting eachother)

Anyway best of luck with your app~
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Niranthil on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Yeah you are probably right.

ill take that into consideration, when i polish the story, which i aim to do at some point soon. like change the outpost to the logging camp and let his mother be part of the first assault on it, and losing her life, or something like that. And like i said i just went with my gut feeling when i wrote it, imagine it being like a blueprint to the final background.

So thanks for the advice, its greatly appreciated ;)
Niranthil

Postby Salirien on Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:02 am

Thanks so much for the application, Beaor! I too really liked it, and your character seems to have been given a fair bit of thought and background. I like that! The pointers Eluvere has given you on the lore are warranted, but otherwise I like your application and see no problem with setting up an interview as soon as you would wish it.

Poke me, Aariam or Kathene in-game, and we can sort out the details of when and where! :)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Niranthil on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Okay, that sound great! :D

I'm not to sure about when i available for the interview, but i'm pretty sure ill be at some point in this weekend, if it suits you guys :)
Niranthil

Postby Niranthil on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:52 am

I changed my name to Niranthil instead, both ingame and in character, ill contact you asap :)
Niranthil

Postby Aariam on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:48 am

Got it. :) I will change your name here on the forums as well.

Aariam
Site Admin

Re: Niranthil Leafmantle

Postby Salirien on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Interviewed and invited. Welcome to the order!

Locking and shelving this post =)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Return to The Bookshelf