Application - Edradir Oathkeeper

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Application - Edradir Oathkeeper

Postby Edradir on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Char Name: Edradir Oathkeeper
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 44 (leveling at this very moment)
Char Age: 3100
Your RL age: 28 (Old, I know ^^)
Your RL gender: Male

History:

Edradir Oathkeeper, son of Erylas Dawnheart, a stonemason, and Galyndra Oathkeeper, an acolyte of the temple of the moon.
And only brother of Anaira Oathkeeper, a high regarded priestess of the sisterhood.

Edradir’s birth goes more than three thousand years before the fall of Nordrassil
and through his young years he was taught and trained to be his father successor, a stonemason.

Until unexpected, Edradir chose the way of the druids, infuriating his own father Erylas, and marry the love he met in his youth, Lel'lyn Emberstorm,
who in turn was promised to another. For that loss the Emberstorm family demanded Anaira to wed their only son, Farandir.
This upheaval caused Edradir to plummet even further into disgrace with his own family.

So time went on and he produced four children together with El'era Emberstorm, but if asked, he will always say he has five to watch over.

When war waged upon the Kaldorei, Edradir actively participated together with the other druids of Talon in the battles
such as the war of the shifting sands, the third war and other skirmishes. In effort to defened his kindred and the Kaldorei empire.

Only in the last years he became less active in participating the war-effort. Edradir found himself mainly standing on watch on the borders of the Kaldorei territories
or reside in the emerald dream to heal the lands.

( There is so much I could tell, but I'll keep it readable for now.)

Why do you wish to join us?

We met before on my other character Aslaya on the Defias Brotherhood realm and I can recall the rp'ing was a true adventure when
all of us travelled through Draenor. And I hope to see, to learn and join into more adventures with you all.

Furthermore I have a few characters I roleplay, but night elves have something intriguing. Is it the lore, the culture or their long ears?
I cannot say. But loving Kaldorei role play and not being part of the most renowned Kaldorei guild of Defias Brotherhood is a pity.
Starting a druid seemed right and it was on my to-do list.

Why does your char wish to join us?

Here I wrote a short story, which is about three pages and clearly too long and extensive to paste here.

But in a few lines, the Oathkeeper family had and still have their share of troubles, due to Edradir's actions in the past.
And the trouble got worse when Aslaya left her kin, escaping from her promise.
Edradir hoped that all would pass and things would eventually settle down.

While he sees his children grow and word from afar brings news that Aslaya is finding new strength.
It becomes clear to him that he is hiding in fear and that nothing will change unless he takes action.
If he ever wants a safe future for his children.

Through the letters of Aslaya he learns about Natures Grasp, a union of Kaldorei warriors, druids, mages and priestesses.
And sees there are others fighting for a better future as well,
and he places his hope in them for he alone cannot take on the troubles of Azeroth.

Tell us something about yourself!

Between 9 and 5, I'm a software engineer and dabble my poor brain in twisted logics and fixing fixed issues.
But after such a day, I want to use my brain for more creative things such as role playing.
I love reading stories and write a bit myself, I draw a little and hope to make some art about my chars one day.

The lich king era was the time when I joined Warcraft, I have been raided, hosting a guild myself but only two years back I found
the courage to start to role play and I have been role playing ever since.

Something about Edradir[b]

When he speaks he would sound like David Wenham as Faramir in LOTR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZjcqQJVVHY

There will be some art in the future.

[b]If there is something in conflict with the lore, do not hesitate and poke me for it.
But here I thank you for reading and giving attention to my writings.

PS: Aariam, is it possible for me to change my username? Thank you.
Last edited by Edradir on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed name of Edradir's spouse: Lel'lyn to El'era Emberstorm
Edradir

Re: Application - Edradir Oathkeeper

Postby Aariam on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:48 pm

*claps hands excitedly*

Was quite (happily) surprised when I saw your name in the Recruitment Camp. Hi! :D

I am intrigued by the background story; I think night elf community does well with some medieval drama (betrothals and what-not), and it certainly piques my interest about the entire Oathkeeper family!

Ah, software engineer-... so it is -you- I call as tech support when things exceed my knowledge. ;)

In any case, thumbs up from me! Really glad to see you here!

(Changing the username now, and also only to the first name which is the custom here in the forums :) )
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Postby Salirien on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:05 am

Thanks for the application, and of course you get two huge thumbs up for me! It was a pure delight RPing with you in Draenor, and I hope for much more! Interesting background and intrigued to see what else you have in store ^^ Poke me, Aariam or Kathene in-game when you're ready to schedule an interview!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Edradir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 am

Great to hear you all. ^^
And I am equally curious for all of your background stories.

Wonderful to see I'm giving the thumbs up, Aariam and Salirien, Thank you.
And thank you for the change of my username, Aariam.

Ah, software engineer-... so it is -you- I call as tech support when things exceed my knowledge. ;)

If there is an issue, poke me. If I can help out, I will.

Furthermore I saw Natures grasp will make its intro soon on Argent Dawn.
Good news and a tad sad at the same time, seeing that Defias is losings its better rp guilds and players.

After the rp took a serious decline on Defias, especially in Stormwind, where I dwellt for a while, alone.
I made up my mind to see if Argent Dawn would be better.
And so I made the jump to Argent, following to others of the regiment in their wake.

And I recreated Aslaya on this realm as well. She is abroad now. Fighting some evil brooding of course.

But anyway I'm very glad to see you all again and those named by Salirien will receive a whisper soon.
Now for the days present until then, I shall see that I find some decent rp gear and get to lvl 60. ;)
Last edited by Edradir on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edradir

Postby Thondalar on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:36 am

Hi and welcome! I am super excited to have you finally join us <3
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: Druid

Postby Eluvere on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Edradir wrote:Your RL age: 28 (Old, I know ^^)

*glares*
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Seiya on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Hey! What Thon said. ..without repeating it xD
Seiya Shadowfury
Jaideth Frostborne
Seiya

Character: Seiya
Class: Mage

Postby Aariam on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Interviewed and invited!

Welcome to the guild! :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf