Postby Traelrin on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Char Name: Traelin Wildcrest
Char Class: Druid of the Claw
Char Level: 100
Char Age: ~9,500
Your RL age: 22
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:

In the midst of the War of the Ancients, Traelin was surrounded by war and blood shed; born into the Highborne, he was deep in Suramar during conflicts with both parents practising Arcanists narrowly escaping sure death with the quick wit of his father, and the sacrifice of his mother during a nigh penultimate battle. The surviving pair, having seen the glory of Cenarius' power during a battle against the Burning Legion, became enchanted by Druidism, his Father in particular could not fathom a purer magic (other than Elune's Light itself), true magic without corruption and thus along-side him, Traelin was thrown into a life of Druidism. As an Apprentice of the Claw, he actively campaigned for the Highborne's ultimate exile, having no love for his heritage, only shame, and when it was finally enforced, found his home in the Barrow Deeps with his Brother-Druids.

Dreaming, for thousands of years, Traelin only awoke seasonally; his Father, was wizened and became something of a Leader within the Circle of the Claw, and the pair delved deeply with the spirit of the saber; too far. During the War of the Satyr, Traelin and his Father were part of the few Druids that fought for the use of the Pack Form, thinking Malfurion a fool for his banishment of it. Embracing the feral-spirit within, Traelin ripped through the Satyr and their demonic minions like a hot knife through butter and it was only when his eyes spotted a familiar face, his nose a familiar scent, laying in a pool of blood, fell by his very own claws did the Druid realise the extent of the mindlessness the Pack Form had cost. His Father.

Driven mad with grief, he vowed never to travel into such depths of savagery again, consoled purely by the Emerald Dream and the theological ideal that his Father's Spirit still lingered in it's perfect realms, back with his Order, the Druid slumbered, for far too long.

The War of the Shifting Sands flew by for Traelin, too engulfed in the Dream he barely even awoke for it; flashes of War plagued him, but nothing was clear, nothing was memorable. He had become an Animal guarding his homeland and practically nothing more. The Warsong Orcs plundered through the Forests and Traelin aided the Nightblade Sentinels against them, but it was not until the Horn of Cenarius drew his elven sanity to the forefront of his mind that the Druid shifted from his Form and saw what had become of his home, what had become of Cenarius himself.

Awoken and fully prepared, he threw himself into the Third War, astounded by the sheer tenacity of all the races he had yet to discover; his claws once again found demon-flesh but this time they were calculated and aimed, his understanding of the Claw had deepened, shifting in and out became easier, and during the after-math of the Battle of Mount Hyjal; Traelin decided to remain, one of the many Guardians of the sacred land.

With the Kaldorei enlisted into the Grand Alliance, Traelin remained a stoic protector of the Forest despite the calls to action; whilst the Cenarion Circle sent an Expedition to the Outlands, Traelin remained behind and when he heard wind of a great threat to the North, he still remained behind; choosing to focus on developing a connection with the Stormcrow Totem, a method to calm and counter his feral-nature. It was only with the second Sundering; the Cataclysm, did the now ageing Druid spring back into action contributing much to the counter-attacks against the Twilight Clan and the looming threat of the Firelands and it's Druids of the Flame. Ever since that campaign, Traelin's eyes have been wrenched wide open to the world that is around him, and he has become to realise that in order to protect the Kaldorei's best interests, he must protect not only their Lands but Azeroth itself.

Returning from the Battle of Tanaan, his claws once again stained in demon-blood, the Druid seeks to join an Order that will allow him to do just that.

Why do you wish to join us?

I want to join purely to engulf myself in quality Kaldorei RP; I have mained an Orc in OotRB for a fair while now, and whilst it is safe to say that I love it, I have missed various aspects of the Alliance and in particular, Night Elves! I had originally been tempted over to join the Nightblade Sentinels yet with my growing career and lack of playtime available, it's become clear to me that I simply can't help in growing a guild, so naturally I turn to Nature's Grasp whom I'm glad to see have taken the leap to Argent Dawn along with OotRB. Furthermore, with Legion inbound and the sheer amount of Kaldorei development and Druidism that will be unleashed, now is a better time than ever, to start developing a Night Elf character!

Why does your char wish to join us?

Traelin is an old Elf, he has seen alot, and it seems he has plenty yet to see. I like the traditional WC3 style Night Elf, and Traelin is very much stylised by that type of war-forged Elf. He wants to be involved in an Order that he can help with, that he can teach and be taught by, and above all else, fight with against yet another incursion of the Burning Legion.

Tell us something about yourself!

Well firstly, this is not the first character I have applied to join Nature's Grasp with, no! I have in fact been accepted twice before, a Rogue named Aruthiel Shadowrun and an earlier incarnation of my current Druid, Trae Therlas. I was originally accepted into NG when I was only 16, an exception to your traditional age rule, and I'm now 22 so damn, that makes me feel old. Back then I was steeped in revision and exams, now, I guess that has all paid off?

I'm an Account Manager for a Car Finance Broker called MK Car Finance, based out of the biggest branch of the Car Shop, one of England's biggest (and only) Car Supermarkets. My job is to manage my Brokerage's account with the Car Shop and deal with underwriting new proposals, i.e, targeted risk assessment, acquire finance approvals for those with not the best credit ratings in the world, and process everything in between until the deal is fully paid out! It's an interesting job, to say the least, and my path towards it was not your traditional one (having applied with Aruthiel a fair few years ago, when I was actually a Chef!).

One of the pulls toward NG is that it's renowned your maturity allows someone like me to remain a contributing part of the guild without having to be online every waking hour, because believe me, I sadly won't be.

Hope you enjoyed the brief story, it has changed slightly since I first rerolled Traelin to Argent Dawn, so their may still be a few teething issues!

Thanks for reading,
Traelin, aka Gashuk.
~Traelrin Wildcrest - Druid of the Claw ~
Traelrin

Character: Traelrin
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Traelin Wildcrest - Application

Postby Aariam on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 am

Ah, good to see you here. :D I can't remember if we were in the Winterblades together at some point, or if we managed to hang out despite not being guildies. ;) I do remember you being a chef, though!

I like the backstory; Traelin seems like an interesting dude. :D

I can of course relate to real life taking a lot of time; I've worked nine hours a day lately and it can be quite difficult to fit all the video games you want to play into the measly free hours of the night. Thankfully, my job only lasts until tomorrow, and then I'll have all the time in the world to play. ;)

In any case, it looks good to me, and you have my thumbs up. Just need another officer's sign of approval and we can get you into an IC interview!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Traelrin on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:00 am

Aariam wrote:Ah, good to see you here. :D I can't remember if we were in the Winterblades together at some point, or if we managed to hang out despite not being guildies. ;) I do remember you being a chef, though!

Yes, we was! I had a Disc Priest(ess) I was keen to W-PvP on and I popped her into the Winterblades, I cannot for the life of me remember her name though!
~Traelrin Wildcrest - Druid of the Claw ~
Traelrin

Character: Traelrin
Class: Druid

Postby Salirien on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks for the application! I have a soft spot in my heart for things that are overly tragic, so this gets two thumbs up and a sprinkle of confetti from me. Nice backstory, can't wait to see what this character is like! :)

Poke me, Kathene or Aariam in-gmae and we'll set up an interview ^^
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Aariam on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 am

Traelin wrote:
Aariam wrote:Ah, good to see you here. :D I can't remember if we were in the Winterblades together at some point, or if we managed to hang out despite not being guildies. ;) I do remember you being a chef, though!

Yes, we was! I had a Disc Priest(ess) I was keen to W-PvP on and I popped her into the Winterblades, I cannot for the life of me remember her name though!

I think it was really close to a former member of NG... Though, the one char I remember the best is your troll (the wicked bitch...)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Aariam on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Interviewed and invited! Welcome to the guild!

Locking and shelving this post.

Aariam
Site Admin

Return to The Bookshelf