Postby Landrian on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Char Name: Landrian Autumnsky
Char Class: Warrior
Char Level:20
Char Age: 500
Your RL age: 23
Your RL gender: male

Background Story: excerpt from Landrian Autumnsky's diary

Not everyone agrees with my line of work im not sure my own mother would agree with me using what she taught me for this, mercenary work isnt what she would have imagined for me but needs be and when your world gets turned upside down and your left with two young siblings looking to you for leadership sometimes you have to make a choice and so i picked mercenary workits not glamorous but it pays well and most of what i got went back home to the twins. as the years went by the jobs got bigger and more lucrative defending caravans in northrend and clearing hostile jungles in pandaria i quickly earned a reputation as someone who got the job done sometimes at any cost, i wont lie i love my job even if Ferulian pleads for me to stay and open up a shop whenever i return to ashenvale she says i have changed and not for the best the brother she knew is gone and the husk in his place is mockery of his name maybe shes right but then maybe i dont care.

Why do you wish to join us? i thought of joing back in defias where i heard good things and i recently moved to argent so thought i would take my chance now

Why does your char wish to join us? recent develpoments in his life have caused him to rethink his life style so hes looking for somewhere his skill can do some good

Tell us something about yourself! i live in london im new to RP and i have a labrador called buster
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Warrior

Re: Landrian's application

Postby Salirien on Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Hey there! Thanks so much for the application! :)

I have a few quick notes to start off; please make sure to use proper punctuation, capital letters where required, and so on. This really helps with the flow of your writing and makes it easier for the reader! Minor detail perhaps, but important. That being said, I think that the diary entry is a nice way to give some insight into your character's story, thoughts and characteristics. I really liked that! The excerpt does not make much mention of lore, however. I do give your application a thumbs up, because I really like it, but your knowledge of lore/history might be tested slightly either in the interview, or here on this thread, just to make sure you know at least the basics to ensure that the rookie mistakes can be avoided. This guild has a safe environment for learning, so don't worry if you feel uncertain about any lore. Just ask, and we'd love to help! ^^ Another officer will have to accept this appliction before we move on to setting up an interview =)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Landrian on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Hey thanks for the quick reply :D

Oh sorry im not very good at structuring stories or writing which is why i hardly do it ill try to improve on that though :oops:
i know a bit about lore but not a whole lot like the time frame or older events that have happened any help would be appreciated though
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey Landrian, thanks for applying :)

Here is a guide for Night Elf RP that was posted on the offical forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362516394, and there is also a link to a guide in the topic "How to apply(requirements)" up top in this section, where you copied the application form from.

As you can read in these guides, night elves live typically in tight-knit communities, and as such I am a bit wary myself to refer to "mercenary work". It is certainly possible your character has done such, but it is not a typical job that would be done by a night elf in his own community.(or at least not referred to as such, as they serve into the community rather than "just working", if you catch my drift, using currency is even a contested thing among many Nightelf RPers)

The night elf lore is vast and it is not needed to know everything right away, but if you feel you are lacking severely in the lore department I would recommend you look into these guides a bit before proceeding to the interview. No stress though, the interview is not an exam ;) (and secretly we dont know everything either!)

Now then, it's a thumbs up from me too. Contact me, Aariam, Salirien or Kathene for an interview ingame ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Landrian on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:21 pm

thank you for the link i will give that a look over and i did try to click the link in the how to apply section but it sent me to a screen saying i didnt have access to that part of the forum.

Eluvere wrote:As you can read in these guides, night elves live typically in tight-knit communities, and as such I am a bit wary myself to refer to "mercenary work". It is certainly possible your character has done such, but it is not a typical job that would be done by a night elf in his own community.(or at least not referred to as such, as they serve into the community rather than "just working", if you catch my drift, using currency is even a contested thing among many Nightelf RPers)

thank you for your input in this to clear it up a bit even if they dont use currency he still left partly to avoid the responsibilty of looking after his siblings and there was a whole new world available for him to see outside of what he had previously known
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Alright, fixing that link is something we should look into.

The currency thing is not something set in stone, I just mentioned it being contested(as some RPers believe it is more appropriate they do not use it, as others just RP they do, there is no real confirmed fact about it afaik) as an example of their community-life. ;)

I do want to point out again, as Salirien already mentioned, language will be important during the interview and RP in the guild in general. That means starting sentences with a capital letter, and using proper punctuation like , . to mark pauses and end of a sentence.

It makes it easier for others to read when not all your sentences are pasted together as just a bunch of words, and shows you grasp the basics of writing.
Eluvere

Postby Landrian on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Hey sorry about tonight, I guess I kind of got anxious when I saw the scale of how many members where there and was worried about my lack of RP experience in a group setting. It's silly I know and hopefully next time it doesn't happen.
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Aww don't be scared! We were all new once and we do remember what that felt like ;) But take your time, we will be around when you are ready!
Eluvere

Postby Aariam on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Aw, thats quite alright. Hope to see you next time. :)

I understand that it can be a quite nerve-wrecking situation to just walk up to a large group of people and RP, especially if you are new, but I hope that you will feel confident with us. :) We are are a guild for beginners and veterans alike, and it is definitely okay to make mistakes (hey, everyone does them ;) ).

If you feel like it, we can just do some small scale RP, like just you and perhaps two officers (as most IC interviews tend to happen). Just send us a line and we can set it up. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Edradir on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am

Hi,

Approaching a large group can be quite stressful indeed, not knowing how they will react and if you will find your words.
But have no fear, we all were like that in our early days of RP and sometimes even still now.

As Aariam said, an interview with two officers in private can provide a softer landing in the wilderness of RP. :)
You are free to choose as you like.

And even after in IC, if you run out of words, subjects to talk about or having difficulty with expression, just throw a whisper to one of us.
We will gladly help you.

My character is gentle of soul, and proves easy for approaching. So if you want to practice your RP'ing, I volunteer happily.
Edradir

Postby Aariam on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Interviewed and invited; welcome to the guild! :D

Locking and shelving this topic.
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf