Application: Myrand Sprigmantle

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Application: Myrand Sprigmantle

Postby Myrand on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 am

Character Name: Myrand Sprigmantle
Character Class: Druid
Character Level: 93 ( Leveling )
Character Age: Never specified his age, I count him venerable and close to the middle ages.
Your RL age: 22
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:
Tree crowns sung in chorus as the winds whiskered through the thousand leaves, all in a perpetual flow with the tranquility of the forest, as if they were courted by an invisible hand. Sitting high, high above mortal height, out of reach from ill of the world, a perseverance that held the Druid's thoughts. His eyes narrowed to a hawk's prying, observing how the foliage naturally manipulated the morning's sunlight, pale pink fingers stretching themselves across a horizon that sets the day anew.

His thoughts only short lived as the rustle of life careens past him with a predators speed, leaving the barefooted elf to his meandering, passing through narrow corridors of boughs and webs- "Webs?" Brief thoughts re-surfaced, instinctive haste had found itself spurring dirt into a scatter as purple fingers clutched the oaken stave, a muffled protest of creaks as digits tightened to a pale-grip. A spider's lair, they were never a wise idea to stumble into, but years had passed since he last had graced this forest.

He clamped a free hand down upon his nape - nothing -, just an undying presence of itching upon the skin, as if his spine were collared by a noose of web. He kept trudging over the network of mesh with reduced pace as it clung to his every footfall, a relentless entanglement that was severed with a swift sweep of his stave, yet the mere touch of his stave reverberated through the thin strings, alerting the hive of ravenous arachnids, the skittering of their long legs fidgeting to life as they closed in on their prey.

There! He could see it, a gaping glimpse of the harrowing den's exit. Slender brows trenched together in a tight knot, concentration clear as a star-lit sky as he swung about with the stave in hand, ritualistically maneuvering it as an extension of his arm and commanding the roots of the earth with a wordless call - and an answer. Tentatively he moved towards the exit as he witnessed the vicious intent of the creatures thwarted by nature's hand. He looked behind and cleared the air with a breath of relief: "Now to find Ashenvale."

[ Obviously this isn't entirely a background story, per say, as I am still rather new to the Night Elven lore, so decided to avoid stepping within a territory I am not familiar with. This is a short story about the character and how he found himself on the road towards - hopefully - a new home. ]

Why do you wish to join us? - Adventure, dungeon-delving, exploring characters and stories. Nature's Grasp looks - to me - like a spot where I can truly develop this Druid character among other engaging personas, outside of a capital hub or restrictive guidelines.
Why does your character wish to join us? - Shortly put - new home. He has been dwelling in the forests without much involvement in the major, world-changing events. He knows of them and sees it as critical to aid against these world-spanning threats.

Tell us something about yourself! -
Hello! My name is Mikki, I been role-playing across several platforms, though mostly on World of Warcraft. I love writing and find colossal enjoyment in providing an atmospheric, authentic, and generally engaging experience to those I RP with.
Last edited by Myrand on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myrand

Character: Myrand
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Application: Myrand Sprigmantle

Postby Salirien on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:56 am

Hello there! Thanks for the application! =)

Being new is always a little scary, especially as Night Elf lore is still frequently debated on some points. However, we're here to help, so just ask if there's anything, and we'd be glad to help you out!
If you want a good introduction to the basic lore, might I suggest this link? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362516394 I especially recommend the parts about liberal versus traditionalist, the history of the Kaldorei and Cenarion Circle as you are a druid. Of course, most of this information will be of use, so if you're curious, feel free to read it all at your leisure^^

I need to recommend that you familiarise yourself a little with Kaldorei history, though. This is just to avoid some basic mistakes, like having a 4000 year old character born on Teldrassil, or a 300 year old Mage born in Moonglade. We can help with this, too, so just poke me, Aariam, Káthene or Eluvere if you have questions!

I don't see any flaws in the application, so I give it my thumbs up. Another officer will have to read and approve of the application before we schedule an interview =)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Myrand on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Checked the link you provided - delightful read by the by -, even if it were basics of night elven lore, I still learned something I wasn't aware of, and that's always fantastic. As to the whole Teldrassil mention, I am familiar with that section of common mistakes on elf RPer's part, being born there - basically a child. However, the more in-depth lore as well as timelines, that sits further away from my knowledge, though I intend to read into it when time allows : )

Anyroad, wanted to say thanks for the great link, I am still very much enjoying the read!
Myrand

Postby Eluvere on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey and thanks for applying!

Above in the Recruitment Camp here, there is also a thread with an introduction to Night Elf lore. I found that one quite helpful as well when I started out =)

Your little story was very pleasant to read, and you show a healthy interest in learning and lore, so I'll give my approval as well.

However we did not hear much about who your character actually is or what kind of background he comes from, so I would very much like to hear some of that at the interview ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Myrand on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Heyar Eluvere! Consider it bookmarked for my gradually growing archive of night elf lore! :)

As to the story itself, I deliberately kept specific details about Myrand out of it as I wanted to keep that for an IC encounter, keep the surprise intact on a OOC level as well. However, reading through it now I can see an absence of certain things that I wished to include, so I hope to introduce that in an interview, of course!
Myrand

Postby Eluvere on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey Myrand,

it's been a little while since we last saw you ingame, are you still interested in joining? If so, please let us know!
Eluvere

Postby Eluvere on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Locking and shelving this now, feel free to poke us again if you wish to apply anew.
Eluvere

Return to The Bookshelf