Telderi's application

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Telderi's application

Postby Chaosy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:16 am

Char Name: Telderi
Char Class: Monk
Char Level: 68 (leveling as I write this)
Char Age: 932
Your RL age: 18
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:
Born in Ashenvale, Telderi had a relatively peaceful childhood (elven standards) while growing up there. Learned to use the bow on a basic level was the only combat training she was given, and that was for the purpose of hunting alone.
She was also given a basic education by her parents, such involved writing, read and a rough version of her kin's history. In her free time, however, she trained on her own with a simple wooden staff, sparing with a friend who was inspired to become a sentinel one day, and thus had received proper training which made her an ideal learning partner.
This kept on for a while, around the time when Telderi was considered an adult she decided to travel the world to learn more about it in general, not having a destination in mind merely wanting to see what's beyond the next hill.
In general, nothing specifically interesting happened, she lend her aid to a few in need and usually got rewarded with a few coins or a place to stay for a while. Kept up honing her skill with the staff almost every day.
But then, thanks to Arthas and Kel'thuzad, Archimonde was summoned into Azeroth which ended up destroying the world tree, but also corrupting big parts of Ashenvale where she grew up. She only managed to arrive to the aftermath in Ashnvale, she found a few fallen felguards and made a new staff from their bones out of anger, hell bent on getting rid of every single demon, knowing that she'd have no chance with a normal wooden staff that would break from a single hit from pretty much any demon. Afterwards, she wandered as before, keeping an eye out of demons in the process.
However, then Pandaria was found and the teachings on the Monk were brought to the light. Telderi decided to study their arts to improve her chances against the demons. Obviously hiding her fel-corrupted staff elsewhere during her training period.

OOC: Yes, I know it slowly corrupts the wielder. But as far as I know it should take thousands of years. Warlocks who use fel intensely for decades barely show any corruption signs, the more resistant ones anyway

Why do you wish to join us?
Simply want a group of people to RP with, I heavily dislike 'public' RPs so I kind of depend on that the guild is very active, which this guild is according to my sources.
Bonus reason, want to learn to RP as a monk, never done so before due the chi. Needless to say, this is something one can learn without a guild, as said, a bonus.

Why does your char wish to join us?
In short, she despise the Burning Legion with good reason as the rest of her kin, if she can do anything to help in killing demons, she will.

Tell us something about yourself!
I will keep it short, 18 year old student, focusing on Game Creation (programming). Used to play a lot of sports when I was younger but eventually quit and ended up spending all my time on the computer instead.
I live in Sweden, RPed for a bit less than a year on a private server.. yeah..
Last edited by Chaosy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaosy

Character: Telderi
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Monk

Re: Telderi's application

Postby Salirien on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Hey Telderi! Thanks for the application.

It is unlikely that Telderi would have learnt the common tongue from her parents, seeing as Humans came into contact with Elven society around two decades ago. So before that, there was no knowledge of the Common Tongue! :) While the background story is fine otherwise, we have a strict non-fel policy in the guild, and so I am inclined to think that ours might not be the perfect guild for you. Fel and Shadow magic clashes with the nature of our guild, so as the application stands now, I regret to inform that I must decline it. Of course, if you wish to change parts of the application, we can review it again and decide then if you want! =)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Chaosy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Salirien wrote:Hey Telderi! Thanks for the application.

It is unlikely that Telderi would have learnt the common tongue from her parents, seeing as Humans came into contact with Elven society around two decades ago. So before that, there was no knowledge of the Common Tongue! :) While the background story is fine otherwise, we have a strict non-fel policy in the guild, and so I am inclined to think that ours might not be the perfect guild for you. Fel and Shadow magic clashes with the nature of our guild, so as the application stands now, I regret to inform that I must decline it. Of course, if you wish to change parts of the application, we can review it again and decide then if you want! =)

Which is why I stated it was basic common, far from good in any way. But I see your point. I removed that part, better safe than sorry.

Regarding the fel policy, I can understand that due the kaldorei's history with the demons. Needless to say Telderi don't walk around with that staff in the middle of the street of Stormwind so pretty much no one has seen that staff so I think it should be fine IC. If it's an OOC rule, well, not much to do about it.
Chaosy

Postby Eluvere on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:31 pm

I am afraid I have to agree with Salirien and decline due to fel. We have a zero tolerance towards it in applications, and I feel your character will not be a good fit for our community and Order. Personally I do not believe it fits IC, but even if I would, we do not accept it OOC.

Furthermore, the problem with the common tongue was not that her parents would speak perfect or crude common, but that we did not know any other races until recently. Your character is over 900 years old, so it is unclear when she could have learned it- due to lore earliest 30-50 ago... A bit strange to still be taught by her parents.(as I get the feeling you were referring to her being taught as a child, since she travelled once adult)

Like Salirien already mentioned, if you are still interested you may change your application. If not, I wish you good luck and a fun RP journey with this character ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Chaosy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Very well, thanks for taking your time. I do not feel like remaking the application. Move it to the graveyard or whatever you call it.
Chaosy

Postby Eluvere on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Alright. Hopefully no hard feelings and see you ingame ;)

Locking and shelving.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Return to The Bookshelf