Application: Yeldras Spiritleaf

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Application: Yeldras Spiritleaf

Postby Yeldras on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Char Name: Yeldras
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 34 (leveling, aiming for 100 in the long run.)
Char Age: Born after the Sundering
Your RL age: 17
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:

Yeldras was born in Ashenvale, not long after the Sundering. He grew up there, exploring the forests, and studying it's wildlife. It was there, that he learned the ways of a Druid.
He spent most of his time in the forests, studying, meditating, attempting to master the art of Druidism. He sought peace and balance in all things, as all Druids and Kaldorei do.

This was his lifestyle for thousands of years, up until the Horde showed up, settling down and cutting down trees for their own benefit. Yeldras could not ignore the fact that these Orcs were destroying the beauty we call nature,
making it increasingly harder for him to preserve his inner balance.

Then came the Battle for Mount Hyjal, which is most likely the worst thing Yeldras had ever witnessed. He lost many companions during this battle, and he saw - from a fair distance - how the World Tree, Nordrassil, got destroyed.
This image forever shaped his mind. Not only because he - and all other Kaldorei - had lost what was most precious to them, he also sensed imbalance, everywhere he was.

After that, he again tried to live in Ashenvale, but the imbalance in the land filled his head, and he decided for himself it was best to leave Ashenvale, so he could work on his skills in Druidism, so that he may eventually bring back the balance in his homeland. With that thought in his head, he moved away from Ashenvale, and united with other Kaldorei on Teldrassil, where he now inhabits Darnassus, practising Druidism to this day.

Why do you wish to join us?

I am very interested in the Kaldorei lore lately, and roleplaying as one has brought me more fun than any other race. I'm still learning their lore, so I figured that a guild full of likeminded Night Elves can help me even further, while also having a great time.

Why does your char wish to join us?

After Nordrassil was destroyed, Yeldras moved from Ashenvale to Teldrassil, and is now more dedicated than ever to protect the Kaldorei land, so such catastrophic events will never happen in the future.

Tell us something about yourself!

I'm a relatively new Roleplayer, been doing this for about two months. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm always in to learn new methods and meet new people (wether IC or OOC). I'm very active, and motivated to develop a nice character.
I'm also a hobbyist writer, but I only write in Dutch, meaning the writing skills itself are not very relevant, but I'm always thinking of new ways of telling a great story because of that.
Last edited by Yeldras on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeldras

Character: Yeldras
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Application: Yeldras Spiritleaf

Postby Salirien on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Hey Yeldras! Thanks so much for the application!

While there is nothing wrong with your application, it is very short. I would like to know a bit more about your character's background history before I go on and give you my thumbs up. If you could go back and edit the first post, adding in a little more, that would be nice. But don't worry, we don't need to know everything, so if there are secrets, that's fine. We officers need something to know the characters a bit before we accept them ^^

Also, nice to see more hobbyist writers! You'll feel right at home ^^
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Yeldras on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you, Salirien, for your quick response.

You were absolutely right about it being very short, and I've edited my first post.
I hope you (and everyone else) like it, and can't wait to see you in-game.

Also, it's great to hear that there are actually other writers in the guild, it will probably give more depth to
roleplaying than that I have had until now.
Yeldras

Character: Yeldras
Class: Druid

Postby Aariam on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:25 pm

So many druids! I fear a coup soon... :D

Joking aside, I do like the look of your application, and you have two thumbs up from me. Gonna let another officer peek as well (maybe Salirien again ;) ) before we can give you the IC interview!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Salirien on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Looks good! Thumbs up form me! Poke me, Káthene, Aariam or Eluvere in game to schedule an interview ^^
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Aariam on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Interviewed and invited; welcome to the guild!

Locking and shelving this topic. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf