Application: Kiarán Stormcrow

Past applications.

Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Application: Kiarán Stormcrow

Postby Kiaran on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Char name: Kiarán Stormcrow
Char Class: Hunter
Char Level: 92
Char Age: Born shortly after the War of the Shifting Sands, so a little younger than 1000.
Your RL age: 22
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story;
Born during the Long Vigil by the Ruins of Eldarath, in the small settlement of Nendis, Kiarán grew up surrounded by the former glory of the Highborne.
As a young man, Kiarán took it upon himself to master the ways of the hunt, becoming an adept user of the bow. He studied the feline grace with which the nightsabers hunted, and the guile and swiftness with which the stag fled. For centuries he roamed the forests of Kalimdor, traveling from the peaks of Hyjal to the glades of Ashenvale. He learned where the bears hibernated, where the wolves hunted and where the storm crows roosted.

Having lived a life of perpetual peace, Kiarán's existence changed abruptly with the coming of the orcs and humans during the Third War.
As his kin were slaughtered by the blood-crazed orcs, the elf picked up his bow to fight alongside the Sentinels. It was in battle in Ashenvale forest, that Kiarán took a blow to the head and fell into a coma which he would not awake from soon.
Years passed and Kiarán's lifeless body was brought to the barrows beneath Ashenvale for care. In his come he dreamt of the splendors of the Highborne empire before its descend into corruption.
It was after the Cataclysm and the shattering of the world, that Kiarán awoke. With his immortality gone, many of his kin slaughtered during the Third War or the conflicts that followed, Kiarán could hardly recognize the world he had awoken to.
While wary of his people's new allies, the young races of the Alliance whom Kiarán had learned to associate with the coming of death and destruction, he did recognize the threat of the Horde, yet again locked in war with his people over the resources of Kalimdor.
Kiarán returned home, to the forests of Azshara, and took up the bow in defence of his ancestral lands once more.
With the end of the war, after the Siege of Orgrimmar, the Alliance signed a truce with the defeated Horde.
The terms of the treaty signed allowed the Horde free access to the lumber of Azshara, the land that Kiarán and his kin had given blood and lives to protect.

Why do you wish to join us? I wish to join you because I have been looking to get into Night Elf roleplay, and found myself intrigued by your Argent Dawn forum thread and impressed by the material I've found on these forums. I like your concept of having multiple paths to graduate along, as well as the dedication that has seemingly been put into crafting the guild.

Why does your char wish to join us? Kiarán does not have much in the way of family and friends. Having lost much in the Third War and Garrosh's War, including his home in Azshara and his trust in the younger races, Kiarán now seeks to rededicate himself to the preserving of nature, and to establish new relations with his people.

Tell us something about yourself! I'm a 22 year old guy from Denmark on the second year of doing my bachelor. I've recently returned from a half year break from WoW and a one year break from university which I spent traveling abroad.
I've been roleplaying on Argent Dawn for a few years now, though mainly Horde side, and am new to Night Elven RP. My main drive for playing this game is my love of the lore of the franchise, which is also what got me interested in roleplaying in the first place.
Kiaran

Character: Kiaran
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Hunter

Re: Application: Kiarán Stormcrow

Postby Aariam on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 am

Heya! We spoke a little bit in game - glad to see your application. :D

I like the background story; it will be interesting to see how old Kiarán reacts to the leader of NG being a mere child... ;)

Oh, and a fellow Scandinavian! Awesome! :D

Another officer needs to sign off on this as well, but you have two thumbs up from me!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Eluvere on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Hey, and thanks for applying!

Nice and well thought through application, I think it paints an image of what sounds like an interesting character. :)

I'll give my approval as well, contact Aariam, Salirien, Káthene or myself ingame for an interview ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Aariam on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Interviewed and invited, welcome to the Order of Nature's Grasp!

Locking and shelving.
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf