Orlerian Stormcrow

Postby Orlerian on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Orlerian Stormcrow
Druid of the Talon
Race: Kaldorai
Class: Druid
Birthplace: Moonglade, Kalimdor

Description
Orlerian would appear indifferent to the lithe and athletic builds that resemble kin and brother. Tight knit muscles weave across his toned chest and back, chiselled and sharp features set the scene of a travelling druid down to hastily groomed facial hair and the sullen cheeks of a weather worn wanderer. To a human he would appear no older than his fortieth winter, but to his own his years are known by a few creased lines that furrow his brow, trophies of mistake and burden that frame amber eyes, glowing pools of golden hue that gaze sharp in night and shade.

His attire references a lifestyle of adaptation and the manner of ‘travelling light’. Light leather armour adorns his forearms and legs but with a more skant covering over his chest and biceps, novel and handmade buckles end at leather straps, around his arms and at his waist. To the outward eyes peering in, this man is no stranger to the wild but more a visitor in his own home, a soul not lost but seeking solace and answers for reprimand and reprise.

Backstory
Born to a priestess of Elune and an Artisan craftsman, Orlerian was selected for Druidism during his culturally developing years, the centuries of time dedicated to absorbing and nourishing his mind on the accolades and efforts of his race. Chosen in most part for an aptitude toward organic empathy his other qualities shone in impulsive spontaneity, a quality not often favoured by the Kaldorei and one that was deemed by The Cenarion Circle to be best tempered and hammered out with meditation and service to nature. Solely beneath a collective of minds and talents Orlerian grew spiritually within and under the canopy of Moonglade, delving into communion with nature and the preservation of balance. It was during the wars that would come, slipping into the nightmare with many of his fellow Druids and the entrapment there that would rend Orlerian from the safety and security of a 'peaceful' life, waking up to war-torn scars that could not be forgotten...

Known & Unknown Rumors
NOTE: Considering the extent of Kaldorei lifespan (or even the absolute potential of their immortality) I remain open that one may know Orlerian from deed, tale or previous meeting. I enjoy meeting RPers interested in surmising a basic if not broken memory of meeting or connection, though I do not openly engage in distant or forgotten 'family' orientated RP.

• In regards to his achievements as a tutor, a mentor and friend, he is deemed a failure. Inadequate fact can be surmounted, but word is that a close friend and former pupil, a druid of the claw, fell to the corruption of power and demon-blood. Trapped in fragments of the nightmare along with hundreds of other Druids, Orlerian was unable to leave and sway his prodigal Kaldorei upon another path.
  • For a little over four years Orlerian has wandered, freshly broken from the nightmare, and has seen passing through towns and cities across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Some say for information and broken leads and others say simply for redemption.
  • To members of the Cenarion Circle, it could be common knowledge that Orlerian frequents sites and locations of unnatural upheaval, asking the aid of adventurers and mercenaries to assist him along the way.

About Me, IRL
My name is Leon, I'm 26 and from the UK, England primarily, down in the southwest where the best of Cider is made and we all ride a tractor or combine-harvester instead of cars (not actually far from the truth). Currently in Ireland these days, a musician and Graphic/Web Designer. It basically means I have the sleeping pattern of a class five tornado and far too much free time on my hands. Been roleplaying for roughly ten years now on WoW here, including LOTRO, WILDSTAR and SWTOR. Played a host of MMO's but only a few ever really felt like home, right? As for WoW, I originally started on The Sha'tar realm, before moving to Defias Brotherhood some years ago and finally here to Argent Dawn when general server/RP activity began to fall below agreeable levels. Around about on Skype nearly all of the time, so if you want to add me, hit me up. I play a whole lot of Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3, too, if you fancy a few rounds. Talk about keeping it in the Blizzard family, right?

- A Little OOC Note -
Really excited to see you guys over here on Argent Dawn, my memory serves that NG had a fantastic reputation on DB, a close knit community and very high standard of RP. I was a member with you guys for a very short period back two or three years ago. Sadly, and alas, studying and schooling got way too hectic to be able to commit as thoroughly as I had intended so I had to bow out prematurely. But hopefully, this time around and without any of those trivial distractions, that can be rectified? I hope so. I look forward to hearing from you guys, soon.
Last edited by Orlerian on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orlerian

Character: Orlerian
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Orlerian Stormcrow

Postby Aariam on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 am

Heya, thank you for the application! :D

I like what I am reading, and Orlerian seems like an interesting fellow. :)

I would just like you to complement your application with some more things from our application form, such as your RL age and perhaps a bit of a background story of your character.

Other than that, it all looks good.
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Orlerian on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:30 am

Aariam wrote:I would just like you to complement your application with some more things from our application form, such as your RL age and perhaps a bit of a background story of your character.

Thanks Aariam, added the parts you required, apologies for that.

I don't usually like to focus on making my characters backstories public knowledge, I find it leaves something for people to unravel somewhat. I hope that and the paragraph I submitted is acceptable, however. :D

Looking forward to hearing back from y'all.
Orlerian

Character: Orlerian

Postby Eluvere on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Hey Orlerian, and thanks for applying! :)

I'll just agree with Aariam here and say your application looks interesting. ;) The backstory is a little short and leaves open a lot still, but together with the rest of information you provided I'm quite confident to give you my approval!

If another officer approves as well you are good to go for interview.

(And might I add your writing is quite impressive :P )
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Aariam on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Perfect. :D Thanks dude!

I give my approval as well, so just poke me, Eluvere, or Káthene in game and we can set up an IC interview. :)

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Aariam on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 am

Hey there. :) Are you still interested in joining? All we have to do is finalize your interview really, as you already did some RP with us.

Poke us in game as soon as you can!

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Eluvere on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Locking and shelving this, feel free to contact us again or reapply when you change your mind. :)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Return to The Bookshelf