Moderators: Former Council, Seniors, The Council

Teriok Dewspear

Postby Teriok on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Name: Teriok Dewspear
Level: 100
Race: Night Elf (of course)
Class: Hunter
Char Age: 570

Background Story: (A simple background, giving an idea of your char. We don't ask you to write an essay, but 2 lines won't do, instead they'll paint a bad first impression. There is no fixed length, but something around 5-8 lines should be fine.)

Teriok Dewspear was born in the midst of a time when Hyjal flourished. He did not know his mother or father, and was born alongside his brother Ashadra Dewspear. The twins were found in a small basket made of old tied together Elvish bowstring next to the outskirts of the world tree. Teriok was found by Xephos Dewspear, a fierceful marksman who was personal friends with Jarod Shadowsong and fought alongside him. It was from here where Teriok learned how to wield a bow, taking several lessons from Jarod Shadowsong himself. Teriok grew up to be a great marksman with a fantastic aim.

During the third war Teriok fought with the Kaldorei, shooting many an arrow on target while his brother Ashadra favored a huge polearm. During the battle Teriok watched as his brother was shot dead with an arrow which pierced his skull before him directly after the destruction of Nordrassil. From here on Teriok fell into madness.

Years past as Teriok battled his demons, continually seeing flashes of the past where he watch his brother fall before him. Even after the night elves joined fully with the alliance, Teriok never forgot the death of his brother and began travelling alone in order to find peace again. It was in Un'goro Crater where Teriok resided for many years in solitude, hunting and tracking, making sure that the wilderness was not corrupted.

While living there, Teriok found a small egg, hidden in deep swamp mud. Teriok looked after the egg, raising it as one of his own just like his father Xephos did to him. On the 23rd day, the egg which he had found hatched, and to Teriok's surprise, a raptor of all creatures looked up towards him. An instant bond was created, a bond he had felt before.

He named the raptor Ashadra, and they have not been apart since...

Teriok now wishes to join as he wishes to join his people again, to be a part of community which he once felt all those years ago.

About me

OOC

My name is Will, i am 23 and live in the UK. I have played wow since the start of TBC and have done it all, Raiding Hardcore, PVPing and achievement camping. I started role playing in bits and pieces around a year ago and a few months ago got into it fully. Its brought back the love for WOW again and i wish to join your guild to carry on role playing with friends and improve my role playing ability and character.

Out of WOW i play a lot of sport and do an extremely stressful job which is why i like nothing better than coming back home and logging on.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to know :)
Teriok

Character: Teriok
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Teriok Dewspear

Postby Aariam on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi there! Thanks for your application. :)

I like what I am reading, but I am always a bit concerned about stories that involve personal relations with major lore characters. It can always be a bit finicky to make it work. So, that is my only concern, really. :)

I will let another officer take a peek as well!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Eluvere on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Hey and thanks for applying :D

I have to agree with Aariam here however, it would be best if you do not affiliate your character with a major hero of the kaldorei and change that part of your story. This is for several reasons; firstly it would give your character an unfair edge in comparison to other characters, secondly it could conflict with lore. For example one day it could become known to us Jarod did not have close friends- or only a named few, or did not tutor people personally.

I would also like to mention -though it is perhaps not impossible, and I will not ask you to change it- the chance that night elf parents would abandon their child to be raised by others would be slim. They are mature, old beings typically living in tight-knit communities where they can easily support and provide for eachother. Therefore there would be little reason for them to give up their children as humans might do when faced with their typical problems like poverty or stress. As their community life is a key element of their culture that sets them apart from the other races, keeping that aspect of them in mind could aid your future RP.

All in all though, I like your application, it is well written and paints a background for a solid character. If you can just change Jarod to an unnamed skilled marksman, or have Teriok taught by his father instead, you will have my approval.

After all, Teriok does not need lessons from Jarod to grow up into a great marksman with a fantastic aim, right? ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Teriok on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:05 pm

All noted. I understand where you are coming from. I would never want Teriok to have an unfair advantage. I will change it to His father as you have suggested. That sounds better lore wise.

Also understood about the parenting aspect. However, i feel Teriok has learnt a huge community aspect when living his father who took him under his wing.

Thank you. What occurs now?
Teriok

Character: Teriok

Postby Aariam on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi!

What happens now is that we'll set up an IC interview with you, as sort of a final test. Please whipser me, Eluvere, or Káthene in game, and we can set one up with you. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Eluvere on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Heya,

Are you still interested in joining? If so let us know! ;)
Eluvere

Postby Eluvere on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Locking and shelving this, feel free to contact us again if you wish to reapply.
Eluvere

Return to The Bookshelf