Postby Favi on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Application Form

Character Name: Favì Faervel
Character Class:Druid
Character Level:90 and leveling
Character Age: 400
Your RL age:22
Your RL gender:Male

Background Story:(Introduction) Great pines are lumbering smudges in my periphery as I birr barefoot over the unnatural dense fungi and mushy rotting logs. The evergreen cantopy smothers the sun rays.

Favi came to a halt and stood breathless, he had never imagined such beauty existed, looking over that hushed sunset city of beauty and unearthly immenance, all golden and lovely it blazed in the sunset. Wooden fountains of prismatic spray in broad squares and perfumed gardens alongside the wide streets marching between delicate trees and stags in gleaming rows.

A sudden fanfare of trumpes and the clash of cymbals hung about, heralding the great stag and spirits of the hunt. The leader spoke to him in the soft language of fey, and learned that his ancient friendship with the species was well known and often spoken of in places where they congregate."Look through the pines, shine the stars of eternal night. Even now they are shinning above the scene you have known and cherished, drink of their charm and they may shine more lovely over the gardens of dream" they vocated.

Three times Favi had dreamed of the marvellos city, and three times had he been snatched away. He sat upon the great stag, his quest was clear now, and down through endless voids of sentient blackness he fell. Aeons reeled, universes died and were born again, stars became nebulae and nebulae became stars. At last, in exhaustion he closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, it was upon a strange scene.

I must have lived years in this place, but I cannot measure the
time. The barrow, collapset Den was infinitely old and infinitely horrible, full of dark passages and having high
ceilings where the eye could find only cobwebs and shadows.
The stones in the crumbling corridors seemed always hideously
damp, and there was an accursed smell everywhere.
I cannot recall any person except myself, or anything alive but the noiseless rats, bats and spiders.
To me, there was nothing grotesque in the bones and skeletons that strewed some of the
stone crypts deep down among the foundations. I fantastically
associated these things with everyday events, and thought them
more natural than the coloured pictures of living beings which I
found in many of the mouldy books. From such books I learned
all that I know, and I do not recall
hearing any elven voice in all those years - not even my own;
for although I had read of speech, I had never thought to try to
speak aloud.

Once I tried to escape from the den, but as i climbed higher the shade grew denser and the air more filled with brooding fear, so that i ran frantically back lest I lose my way in the labyrinth of nighted silence.
So through endless twilights I dreamed and waited, though I
knew not what I waited for. I often contemplated myself, i know not where I was born, nor who i had been, or if I had ever been. This never worried me, for I could be anything. My body was confined to this place, but I always imaged my mind being free.
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only
fear and sadness. Wretched is he who looks back upon lone
hours in vast and dismal chambers of this barrow den.
And yet I am strangely content and cling desperately to
those sere memories, when my mind momentarily threatens to fade.

Then in the shadowy solitude, my longing for freedom grew so frantic that I could rest no more. I resolved to climb out, fall though I might;since it were better to glimpse the sky and perish, than to live forever without.
In the dank twilight I climbed the worn and aged stone stairs till I
reached the level where they ceased, and thereafter clung
perilously to small footholds leading upward. I promised myself I would truelly live, if I made it out of this ghastly hole. But more ghastly and terrible still was the slowness of my
progress; for climb as I might, the darkness overhead grew no
thinner, and a new chill as of haunted and venerable mould
assailed me. I shivered as I wondered why I did not reach the
light, and would have looked down, had I dared. My head touched a solid thing, in the darkness i raised my free and and tested the barrier, finding it stone and immovable. Then came a deadly wobble and I lost my footing, clingint to whatever holds the slimy wall could give: Till finally my exhausted hand found the barrier yielding, pushing the slab or door with my head as i used both hands in my fearful ascent. Then the purest ecstasy I have ever known;for shining tranquilly through an ornate grating of iron, and down
a short stone passageway of steps that ascended from the newly
found doorway, was the radiant full moon, which I had never
before seen Green dreams and in vague visions I dared not call
memories.
I carefully crawled through and laid exhausted on
the stone floor .Over two hours must have passed before I dragged myself up from the floor.

The vivid colours burn before my thrown open frenzied eyes, I can smell the earth, I can feel it. I have not felt as a part of something prior to this, but now I am it. A strange brain numbing sensation washes over me, I feel drawn somewhere, so I run to it. I am Favi, I thought to myself, and I can feel the hunt. Upon looking down I see clawed paws, I lick my fangs and give myself to the wild.

Why do you wish to join us? I had great experiences with the guild back in Defias Brotherhood many years ago.
Why does your char wish to join us? As he awoke from The Emeral Dream, he is drawn to your location. A mutual reason for joining will be found.
Tell us something about yourself!
Hey, my name is David Hochman, I am a sociology student from Norway on my 3rd year of bachelor. I love roleplay and have been doing so in Wow since it came out, back in Defias Brotherhood. I've had a long absence from Wow, just returned this day. I fill my days with Pen and paper D&D, books and social activities. Looking forward to hear from you! Yours trully, David Hochman.
Last edited by Favi on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favi

Character: Favi
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Application: Favì Faervel

Postby Eluvere on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Hey again Favi and thanks for applying (so fast)!

Your story is nice, I would like to ask though, that we may get just a little more information on Favi's background. Right now all we know from him is that he had strange dreams within the Emerald Dream.(if I have it right, the dream within a dream is a bit confusing :D) All the rest of your app is filled in nicely so just a little more background will do so we get a better idea of your character.

I should also note that, as a policy we do not actively recruit people IC. We accept people into our ranks that are interested in joining us, so I hope that will not be an obstruction for your character, as his reasons to seek us out are rather vague at this moment.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Favi on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:06 am

Thank you for the reply, I have prolonged the story, to give the character more depth.
I wish for the character to join, but i'd rather make it happen as the Roleplay flows, instead of micro-managing it.
Favi

Character: Favi
Class: Druid

Postby Eluvere on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:45 pm

While your story is longer, I don't really feel like I have found out a lot more about him. But maybe that is the point of your mysterious character ;)
Very well, we can get everything else covered at the interview :)

I'll give my approval, just need a second officer to sign.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Aariam on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Got my thumbs up. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Aariam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Interviewed and invited! Welcome to the Order!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Return to The Bookshelf