Postby Ainauriel on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Char Name:Veridande Oakensoul
Char Class:Priest
Char lvl:30
Char Age: Born about 200 years before the sundering
RL Age:23
RL Gender:Male

Background:
Veri was born to two Quel'dorei mages. She grew up in Eldarath, alongside her twin brother, where she received a standard elven education as well as learning the family trade - tailoring. When the time came to chose a place in Night Elven society Veri wanted to join her brother and friends and follow in the footsteps of her parents by studying the arcane. However her father - very much a traditionalist - forced her to take up the path of the Sisterhood of Elune as he had begun to distrust many of his fellow Quel'dorei. Veridande reluctantly obeyed her father's wish and she quickly started to enjoy her time in the sisterhood, but she would still move in her old social circles and attend the 'unpriestly' parties of her friends.

When the war of the ancients erupted Veri played only a supporting part as she stayed in the backline with the rest of the young sisters of Elune. As the dust settled she was overjoyed that her brother and parents had all survived and deeply saddened by the loss of many of her friends. During the upheaval of Night Elven society in the aftermath of the sundering Veridande's brother was murdered by Kal'dorei driven mad by grief. The joy Veridande felt at seeing her brother survive the war was now doubled in sorrow. Fearful for their daughters life and sanity her parents cast a stasis spell on Veri freezing her mind and sealing her body within an oak tree in a grove in Mount Hyjal. They intended to return and lift the spell when they deemed it safe.

Veridande was locked away for 10'000 years until Azeroth began tearing apart again during the cataclysm. The oak tree split open and the spell was lifted. Veri, still very much in a comatose state, was found by members of the Centurion Circle and was sent to Moonglade to recover.

Veri has spent the time since to catch up with the changes of the world and remembering her own past.

I wish to join because I'm looking for a place to RP, and I'm hoping your experience in this might rub off on me (as I'm quite new to it).

My char wishes to join as she wishes to help the world find balance and to find a balance within herself. She has a lot of questions (as I'm sure you can imagine) and she hopes to find a few answers working with the members of your order.

I'm a 23 yo Norwegian. I both work and study, though i do neither 'full time'. I have a passion for music,reading n writing,gaming n cookies (amongst other things)
Ainauriel

Character: Ainauriel
Realm: Defias Brotherhood
Class: mage

Re: Veridande Oakensoul

Postby Ainauriel on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:50 pm

btw; have u stopped accepting mages?
Ainauriel

Character: Ainauriel
Class: mage

Postby Aariam on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi there,

Interesting backstory; I kinda like it. Just conerned with how mage-y Veridande is. In relation to your question, yes we have stopped recruiting mages and arcanists. So if you are planning to use a lot of evil magics, NG may not be the place. ;) However, if you are a lovely priestess, then everything is fine. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Rogue

Postby Aerandyr on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Auinauriel.

If I'm not mistaken you used to be in NG back on DB correct? As Aariam said, mages and their ilk are currently no longer allowed into the Order due to some mischief they did in the past.
As for Veridande, I see a few slight errors in your application which are easily helped.

Back before the Sundering, Arcane was very much Kaldorei culture. Queen Azshara herself was a tremendously gifted arcanist, and many of her elite aswell (Hence Highborne). It was Druidism that was only just in it's infancy back then, with Malfurion being Cenarius' first student. Thus there wouldn't be a negative view of Arcane, nor 'forcing' someone to become a Priestess while she would be gifted in Arcane.

Next, Night elves only consider one of their kind to be mature at ~300 years old, so you could argue that if she was in stasis for 10.000 years she'd still be at 200 years and Natures' Grasp IC only recruits those who are considered adults in Kaldorei society.

And finally, to me being put in an oak tree in limbo seems alot more like druidic magic instead of what arcane is capable of, but I suppose it is possible, though. one has to ask why her parents would think putting her out cold would help her mental state.

Oh and just a typo, it would be Cenarion Circle, not Centurion circle (but I am a big fan of Battlestar Galactica myself ;) )
Aerandyr
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Aerandyr

Postby Eluvere on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:05 am

Hey Ainauriel,

Been a while since we heard from you, let us know if you are still interested ;)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Aariam on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:53 am

Locking this one.

Poke us if you feel like joining again. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam

Return to The Bookshelf