Postby Eldorann on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Char Name: Eldorann
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 93
Char Age: 2597
Your RL age: 35
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:
Born of a druidic father and herbalist mother, it was expected of Eldorann to become a druid, but she had trouble learning even the most basic of nature healing spells.

After years of failed attempts at communing and bonding with different animal spirits, a disheartened Eldorann decided to follow Naralex and put her meager healing spells to work on the Barrens.
Where Eldorann failed completely when it came to walking the path of the Antler, Talon, Claw or Pack...she turned out to be an apt follower of the Fang. Showing great affinity to a more serpentine way of life.
She spent years in the Barrens with the other druids of the Fang, developing her herbalism, alchemy and healing spells. A lot of unlocked potential suddenly bubbled to the surface and she now heals with the best, but while she is powerful, her spells are rude and primal, healing without soothing.

The desperation and sheer determination that the druids of the Fang posses to heal the Barrens, is present in Eldorann. Once she sinks her fangs into something, she will not let go.
Considering the disaster that happened to the Fang druids with the corruption of part of their Grove and the extreme changes to the Barrens, has forced the remaining Fang druids out of the Wailing Caverns, following their leader Naralax.
Eldorann now seeks a new purpose in life, and a sense of belonging, to use both her combat and healing abilities to help the world, not merely the Barrens.

Why do you wish to join us?
I have roleplayed for almost 3 years (2 years of which I served as an officer) on Argent Dawn, in a guild that was once called Darnassus, but was forced a namechange to Leafhaven, and is currently called Duskfall Covenant. My old guild was once the biggest guild EU side, with 40 people online at peaks in the evening. While I greatly enjoyed the RP there, the guild is dying due to people seeking different kinds of roleplay, getting bored with it, or quitting WoW entirely. I enjoy a rather broad range of RP, ranging from social fun to drama (not drama for the sake of drama, don't worry) to combat to healing...which is why I need a guild of some size (as yours), where I get plenty of opportunity to do so.
Why does your char wish to join us?
She seeks a new enclave/covenant/order/grove to belong too. She and her Fang brethern were a very close 'unit' and she desperately wishes to have a sense of belonging again.
Tell us something about yourself!
Been playing WoW since it was first released. I work in retail as a dept. manager, so I am sometimes on during the morning, and sometimes the evening, depending on how my shifts are. Next to WoW I play quite a few other PC games, and enjoy a bit of console peasantry on the side. I live together with my roommate for quite a few years now and to make sure that my body does not decay due to all the rather static hobbies, I am also in the gym 4 times a week, getting my bodybuilding on. I like to think of myself as a social, levelheaded guy who fits in well.

Thank you for reading my application.
Last edited by Eldorann on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them."
Eldorann

Character: Eldorann
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Eldorann Scalebound

Postby Eluvere on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:09 am

Hey and thanks for applying! :D

Your app looks mostly good to me, just a few details I would like to hear more about;

She is 2597 years old, meaning she was born in a time when the gender roles were still in effect in kaldorei society as they have only been fully lifted after the Third War. This does not mean she could not have trained to be a druid in some way or another(perhaps her father dreamt of having a successor and personally saw to her training?), but this could not easily be "expected" of her as it was very much frowned upon and not officially accepted for a woman to pursue that path.(Also the pack form was forbidden to use or train before she was born.)
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Salirien on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 am

Hey, thanks for applying! :)

I support Eluvere's comment, the gender norms were a bit more rigid back in the day. Other than that, it looks good and I give this my thumbs up! :)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Eldorann on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 am

Eluvere wrote:Hey and thanks for applying! :D

Your app looks mostly good to me, just a few details I would like to hear more about;

She is 2597 years old, meaning she was born in a time when the gender roles were still in effect in kaldorei society as they have only been fully lifted after the Third War. This does not mean she could not have trained to be a druid in some way or another(perhaps her father dreamt of having a successor and personally saw to her training?), but this could not easily be "expected" of her as it was very much frowned upon and not officially accepted for a woman to pursue that path.(Also the pack form was forbidden to use or train before she was born.)

As far as the Pack form, I am aware that it is forbidden, but she is of the Fang, not of the Pack...so I am not sure how this relates to Eldorann Icly. :)

I am aware of the gender restrictions that consisted through Elven history. Only women for the sentinels and temple, and only men can be druids... however, considering that she is of the Fang, and that the Wailing Caverns have several female druids (some of which function as bossfights) who went with Naralex to help heal the Barrens, I thought that it was a possibility to be female. Unfortunately information on how old Naralex himself is, and when he started his Order or when he first travelled to the Barrens to begin his mission, so I had to kinda guess her age, on what seemed reasonable to me.
That being said, I don't mind changing her backstory to reflect a more proper flow to reflect the point you are raising.
"She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them."
Eldorann

Postby Landrian on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 am

Eldorann wrote:
As far as the Pack form, I am aware that it is forbidden, but she is of the Fang, not of the Pack...so I am not sure how this relates to Eldorann Icly. :)

I dont normally comment on applications as it has nothing to do with me but think this is what Elu is referring too

Eldorann wrote:Where Eldorann failed completely when it came to walking the path of the Antler, Talon, Claw or Pack...she turned out to be an apt follower of the Fang. Showing great affinity to a more serpentine way of life.

Good luck and hopefully will be welcoming you into the guild soonish :D
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world will be better for this
Landrian
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Landrian
Class: Warrior

Postby Eluvere on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Eldorann wrote:
I am aware of the gender restrictions that consisted through Elven history. Only women for the sentinels and temple, and only men can be druids... however, considering that she is of the Fang, and that the Wailing Caverns have several female druids (some of which function as bossfights) who went with Naralex to help heal the Barrens, I thought that it was a possibility to be female. Unfortunately information on how old Naralex himself is, and when he started his Order or when he first travelled to the Barrens to begin his mission, so I had to kinda guess her age, on what seemed reasonable to me.
That being said, I don't mind changing her backstory to reflect a more proper flow to reflect the point you are raising.

My concern was mostly coming from that it was "expected of her" as you wrote, which I found a strange statement when it was instead mostly taboo. She also apparantly tried very hard to finally succeed as a druid, showing a lot of tenacity while she had even more odds against her than just a lack of initial talent.(like trouble finding teachers maybe, -and apparantly very patient ones-, as the Cenarion Circle would have rejected her) That Naralex does have female apprentices ingame is a fact which came to mind while I read your app, and like I replied before; older female druids are certainly possible. I just did not get the impression from your story that you had taken the impact of this historical background enough into account and then wrongfully assumed you did not know.

It is alright if you want to keep this story, as long as you are aware of these historical issues and the impact it would have had on Eldorann's training. Since that seems to be the case; poke Aariam, Aerandÿr/Aerandýr, Salirien, Edradir or myself ingame for an IC interview ;)

(And yes Lando that was totally what I was referring to :D)
Eluvere

Postby Eldorann on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Eluvere wrote:My concern was mostly coming from that it was "expected of her" as you wrote, which I found a strange statement when it was instead mostly taboo. She also apparantly tried very hard to finally succeed as a druid, showing a lot of tenacity while she had even more odds against her than just a lack of initial talent.(like trouble finding teachers maybe, -and apparantly very patient ones-, as the Cenarion Circle would have rejected her) That Naralex does have female apprentices ingame is a fact which came to mind while I read your app, and like I replied before; older female druids are certainly possible. I just did not get the impression from your story that you had taken the impact of this historical background enough into account and then wrongfully assumed you did not know.

It is alright if you want to keep this story, as long as you are aware of these historical issues and the impact it would have had on Eldorann's training. Since that seems to be the case; poke Aariam, Aerandÿr/Aerandýr, Salirien, Edradir or myself ingame for an IC interview ;)

(And yes Lando that was totally what I was referring to :D)

I realised after I made my previous reply what you meant with the Pack remark, at which point I slapped myself on the head for making such a rookie mistake. I even wrote a guide on worgen and druid of the Pack RP for my old guild and still I just added it to my MRP description like a knobhead. Consider it changed. :roll:

As far as the age of my druid and her gender, I think I will change it in such a way that indeed her father tried to teach her a thing or two about druidism, but while having some abilities, she did not exactly blossom into power, until she saw the chance to go with Naralex who was not so discriminatory about gender and under his tutelage she grew into her power. Her age should not be a problem because she can be almost 3,000 years old, but still only started her druidic path like 100 years ago (random example). Considering that I could not find -any- information on when Naralex took his people to the Barrens, it is hard to put a timestamp on that (if anyone has any information in regards to this, I am all ears). and therefore I am just playing it a bit loose. It happened. It happened rather recently, yet she remains tightlipped on the exact dates. If this is acceptable to you.

Also in regards to:
I just did not get the impression from your story that you had taken the impact of this historical background enough into account and then wrongfully assumed you did not know.

Please, please tell me of any mistakes that I make, because it is how I learn. I highly appreciate any and all constructive criticism. Just because I am aware of a certain topic, does not mean I have all the knowledge in regards to it (as was proven). I am aware of the impact of this historical event, and the many intricacies and controversies that surround the Fang druid and I will do my best to both honor her and your guild in RP. :)
Eldorann

Postby Eluvere on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:40 pm

Eldorann wrote:
As far as the age of my druid and her gender, I think I will change it in such a way that indeed her father tried to teach her a thing or two about druidism, but while having some abilities, she did not exactly blossom into power, until she saw the chance to go with Naralex who was not so discriminatory about gender and under his tutelage she grew into her power. Her age should not be a problem because she can be almost 3,000 years old, but still only started her druidic path like 100 years ago (random example). Considering that I could not find -any- information on when Naralex took his people to the Barrens, it is hard to put a timestamp on that (if anyone has any information in regards to this, I am all ears). and therefore I am just playing it a bit loose. It happened. It happened rather recently, yet she remains tightlipped on the exact dates. If this is acceptable to you.

Also in regards to:
I just did not get the impression from your story that you had taken the impact of this historical background enough into account and then wrongfully assumed you did not know.

Please, please tell me of any mistakes that I make, because it is how I learn. I highly appreciate any and all constructive criticism. Just because I am aware of a certain topic, does not mean I have all the knowledge in regards to it (as was proven). I am aware of the impact of this historical event, and the many intricacies and controversies that surround the Fang druid and I will do my best to both honor her and your guild in RP. :)

Sounds perfect to me ;)

And don't worry about making some mistakes, many still do, myself included! But I agree the want to keep learning is a great mindset for RP, so I am looking forward to hear from you ingame :D
Eluvere

Postby Salirien on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:00 am

Interviewed and invited. Welcome!
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien