Druid

Char Level:

Char Age:
~4000

Your RL age:

Your RL gender:
Male

Background Story:
Loethen was born in Southwind Village, now in modern day Sillithus, there much of his life had been relatively peaceful. He followed his father's teachings and slowly, somewhat disinterestedly practiced to become a Druid. The path itself took many winding turns, as an indecisive youth Loethen frequently attended sparring competitions, trained with a bow and even took up scholarly work to try and find something that would truly peak his interest but in the end he always fell back on his teachings and his father's insistence. He was however forced to choose his path roughly a millennium ago when the Qiraji and Silithid stormed across his homeland. With every man and woman called to arms Loethen found himself battling with sword and magic, but when his death looked imminent it was his teachings of Cenarius that not only saved himself but his father whom had just before taught him the very same ability to call upon the land.

Continues to fight in the war but ultimately flees to Northern Kalimdor where he rekindles his interest in his Druidic teachings under new Mentors. Training continues, somewhat intensely until the Battle of Mount Hyjal, following this he sets out to eastern Kingdoms with a small expedition, learning of the land of this continent and returning finds and information up until the events of Outland and the Dark Portal. Many of the expedition merge or form ranks with the Cenarion Expedition in Zangarmarsh. Here he stayed for a number of years, learning of the land and training his to adapt to a strange world, natural and unnatural creatures and sharing a great deal with the Tauren.

Once again however Loethen was called from his studies when Deathwing ravaged Kalimdor, and the fire elementals put Hyjal, yet again in peril. However, lasting only a few months in the fight the druid would spend almost the entirety of the next year recovering from a near death experience with a fire elemental. His entire left arm having a darkened charred appearance and the same discolouration along with burn marks run from his shoulder, along his chest and down his torso. In recent years Loethen has been continuing his recovery. The pain having dwindled and the scars mostly now just superficial the druid now seeks to aid the land and continue his learning in whatever way he can.

*I began to cut down because I released I rambling on and on.

Why do you wish to join us?
I've been looking for a Kaldorei roleplaying guild for a while now and what stood out quickly about the Order of Nature's Grasp was that many of the members seem to have been around for a while - so this definitely gives the reassurance of having fellow roleplayers and future DMs that know what they're doing. Another thing was the acceptance of new roleplayers. Whilst I'd consider myself a long term RPer and (hopefully) a decent Night Elf RPer it'd be great to have people that know some of the more nuanced aspects to it, the smaller details and finer cultural points.

Why does your char wish to join us?
Loethen has been called to defend his homelands time and time again, now with his broadened world view, enhanced teachings and help from the Alliance (...and the Horde) he feels it's time to protect his lands in a more proactive approach. Seeking out a group of people who feel the same way.

Tell us something about yourself!
I'm in my final year at university studying computer science, and hoping to graduate in a few months. In my free time when not playing WoW I usually play a bit of bass, go to the gym or read (mostly fantasy themed novels!)
...I may have been spying on you guys RPing when you first came to Argent Dawn in Feralas. :roll:
Loethen

Character: Loethen
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Loethen Evenwing

Postby Salirien on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey! Thank you for the application! :)

I see nothing wrong with the application, so I give it my approval. Another officer will have to do so before an interview is arranged.

Seems like a lot of thought went into the application, and I appreciate the backstory being of some length :)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Loethen on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Thank you :)

I'm happy to add more / answer any questions about myself or my character if need be!
Loethen

Postby Aariam on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Looks good to me! :D

Contact either myself (Aariam), Eluvere, Salirien, Aerandyr, or Edradir in game for an IC interview!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Loethen on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 am

Great to hear!

A rather unexpected little event popped up in that Loethen ran into some old friends and is currently in Winterspring but when he's finished there I'll be sure to send a message asap :D
Loethen

Postby Edradir on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:13 pm

interviewed and invited! Welcome to the Order!
Edradir

Return to The Bookshelf