Elder Grimgnaw Stormgrip

Postby Grimgnaw on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Char Name: Grimgnaw Stormgrip
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 90
Char Age: 7,300
Your RL age: 27
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story: Grimgnaw was born in Ashenvale and is the eldest of two brothers. Both he and his twin brother, Garreck were raised and tutored to become Druids since they became adults. During his time spent in the wilds studying the various forms of life, Grimgnaw began to develop an understanding for the natural order. Like his father he was patient; and he took time to pour over his lessons offered by his tutor. This virtue would serve Grimgnaw well in the days to come, for it was his calm, wise demeanor that caught the eye of a particular Druid Elder by the name of Valon. The day finally came when Valon at last introduced himself to Grimgnaw and offered him something that made the young Kaldorei shine with awe and curiosity...
"Come with me, Kaldorei. Learn from me, and of the ways of the Druids of the Antler."
Such an offer was received with gusto; and with the blessing of his proud father he left Ashenvale to travel to Moonglade, and onwards to the great peaks of Mount Hyjal. With each day passing, the young Druid was taught what it meant to be a follower of the Great Stag, Malorne.

Why do you wish to join us?
I have heard of your order and it sounded like it was exactly what I was looking for in a guild.

Why does your char wish to join us?
Your order--from what I was told--seeks to protect the Kaldorei people. Grimgnaw to seeks this, and also to protect the wilds.

Tell us something about yourself!
I am a huge nerd, I love: WoW, gaming, Monty Python and random humour!
Last edited by Grimgnaw on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Grimgnaw

Character: Grimgnaw
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Elder Grimgnaw Stormgrip

Postby Aariam on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:10 am

Hiya, glad to see you apply! :D

Ooh, we haven't an antler druid with us for some time; will be good to have some more stags in the Order. ;)

You have a thumbs up from me - just need another officer to sign off on it as well!
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Kiaran on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:01 am

There are a few timeline issues with the backstory, such as your character seemingly learning the druidic arts from an experienced druid before the first druids existed.

I suggest having a look at http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

Can be easily fixed. Malfurion, the first elven druid, were taught by Cenarius some 10,000 years before the Dark Portal. The first druids went into hibernation some 7,300 years before the Dark Portal.
So, unless your character was among the first wave of druids, and if he did indeed learn the druidic arts from an experienced druid by the time he came of age, I'd suggest making him younger than 7,300 years.

Anyways, it's not my place to give either thumbs up or down, I am entirely thumbless in this situation.
Kiaran

Character: Kiaran
Class: Hunter

Postby Edradir on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:09 am

Hi, and yes it is great to see an antler druid and a fellow nerd apply. ^^

Your app seems good. Though keep in mind that the first night elf druid "Malfurion" became a druid himself a 10.000 years ago.
And your character seems to be tutored when he was about the age of 110-300 (Estimated maturity of night elves) by another mighty and wise Elder Druid.
If I am not mistaken, Night elf druids in that age only begun to grow in skill and wisdom.

Any lore master is welcome to correct me. ^^

Have you had a thought about what happened to him during the war of shifting sands, third war and other main events?
It is not mandatory, just to fill in that blank time frame and to satisfy my curiosity. :)

So if you could correct the time line thing - or through the gift of a shrubbery - you have my thumbs up!

Ni!
Edradir

Postby Edradir on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:09 am

And Kiaran seemed to haven beaten me with the timeline thingy.
Edradir

Postby Aariam on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 am

Good catch on the age thing, I totally missed that. ;) I was too hypnotized by stags. :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Grimgnaw on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Kiaran wrote:There are a few timeline issues with the backstory, such as your character seemingly learning the druidic arts from an experienced druid before the first druids existed.

I suggest having a look at http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

Can be easily fixed. Malfurion, the first elven druid, were taught by Cenarius some 10,000 years before the Dark Portal. The first druids went into hibernation some 7,300 years before the Dark Portal.
So, unless your character was among the first wave of druids, and if he did indeed learn the druidic arts from an experienced druid by the time he came of age, I'd suggest making him younger than 7,300 years.

Anyways, it's not my place to give either thumbs up or down, I am entirely thumbless in this situation.

Oops! I knew I forgot to mention Malfurion... Didn't mean to make me sound as if I was the first XD
Grimgnaw

Postby Grimgnaw on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Edradir wrote:Hi, and yes it is great to see an antler druid and a fellow nerd apply. ^^

Your app seems good. Though keep in mind that the first night elf druid "Malfurion" became a druid himself a 10.000 years ago.
And your character seems to be tutored when he was about the age of 110-300 (Estimated maturity of night elves) by another mighty and wise Elder Druid.
If I am not mistaken, Night elf druids in that age only begun to grow in skill and wisdom.

Any lore master is welcome to correct me. ^^

Have you had a thought about what happened to him during the war of shifting sands, third war and other main events?
It is not mandatory, just to fill in that blank time frame and to satisfy my curiosity. :)

So if you could correct the time line thing - or through the gift of a shrubbery - you have my thumbs up!

Ni!

Would that be one, or two shrubberies with a little path running down the middle? ;)
Grimgnaw

Postby Eluvere on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:23 pm

Looks all good to me with the adjustment, so you have my approval as well ;)

Contact Aariam, Salirien, Aerandyr, Edradir or myself ingame to schedule an interview!
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Edradir on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 am

Grimgnaw wrote:Would that be one, or two shrubberies with a little path running down the middle?

Two shrubberies with a little path running down the middle and you make me a happy man. ^^
Edradir

Postby Grimgnaw on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Eluvere wrote:Looks all good to me with the adjustment, so you have my approval as well ;)

Contact Aariam, Salirien, Aerandyr, Edradir or myself ingame to schedule an interview!

Added the lot of you. Hope to hear from you soon! ^_^
Grimgnaw

Postby Grimgnaw on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Edradir wrote:
Grimgnaw wrote:Would that be one, or two shrubberies with a little path running down the middle?

Two shrubberies with a little path running down the middle and you make me a happy man. ^^

Ok then! I'll contact Rodger the Shrubber and see what he has in stock =P
Grimgnaw

Postby Eluvere on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm

interviewed and invited! Welcome to the Order!
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Return to The Bookshelf