Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am

Hi everyone,
Char Name: Ysgawen
Char Class: Druid
Char Level: 91
Char Age: 9000
Your RL age: 42
Your RL gender: Male

I have had a couple of characters in the guild before ( Arborvitae and Zoonosis), and had a great time RP’ing with you. I have been living abroad for the last four years and have only recently returned to the EU WOW. Unfortunately I have just created my new LV 90 on DB thinking you were still active there, so my question is, will I have to go through the initiation process all over again? Or, can I just realm transfer and join?
As of this moment I am thinking of Rp’ing as an old ancient who has just awakened from a deep slumber, unprepared for upping his roots and leaving the grove, he would much rather settle his roots in a sun-drenched woodland clearing, leaving the worlds troubles behind him, unfortunately all the Azerothian commotion has made the wind stir his branches and now he is awakened.
Ysgawen

Character: Ysgawen
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Ysgawen

Postby Aariam on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for the application. ^^

Since your past applications are from 2010 / 2012, it might be for the better to do the initiation process and everything again, as most of the Order probably has not met your char before (can't even remember if Aariam has).

Also, I would like you to fill your application out a bit further, with the form found here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5125

Hope to hear from you again soon; always fun to see the oldies return. :)
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Why do you wish to join us? Loved playing with Natures Grasp in the past
Why does your char wish to join us? After reawakening he comes to the guild for guidance, a lot of changes have taken place since he last woke.
Tell us something about yourself! I'm a surfer, scientist and have nostalgia for the old days of my youth/teenage years playing D&D, searching for a guild that will fill that hole really!

If I need to undertake the initiation that is not a problem, i will realm transfer and go from there, up to you guys of course!
Ysgawen

Postby Eluvere on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey and welcome back, your old names do ring a bell ;)

I'd like to hear some more about your backstory though;

Do you mean your character actually slumbered for thousands of years in the form of a tree? I know treant was a standard form for resto druids in the past and still obtainable by glyph today, and reincarnation boosts restoration druids to an ancient-form but(someone correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I know the use of treant/ancient form in lore is non excistant. As such I personally find it a little farfetched you would use it to build your entire character around, to the degree you slumber in ancientform rather than in the Emerald Dream.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:36 pm

I guess it was the long day gathering herbs, a beautiful sunset, seemed a perfect place to put my roots down for a little nap! My character is new so I am slowly going to piece together a backstory, my knowledge of night elf lore is a little lacking after so many years away so i'm open to suggestions which will help me develop my character. Thanks
Ysgawen

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:42 pm

I think during the long spell asleep, he was aiding Ysera in the Emerald Green, would this work?
Ysgawen

Postby Kiaran on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:17 pm

But is your character a tree or a night elf? :D

Also, Arborvitae, love it. Cerebellum best organ.
Kiaran

Character: Kiaran
Class: Hunter

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks, he is of course a night elf but he has a penchant for wandering the groves as a tree, and as he ages he finds the form quite soothing.
Ysgawen

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Just realm transferring now, so hopefully I will get the chance to meet you guys:)
Ysgawen

Postby Ysgawen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Could someone whisper me thx
Ysgawen

Postby Aariam on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi,

Like we spoke about in game, close connections with major lore characters can always be a bit iffy. The better route is almost always to avoid such, and instead perhaps simply go with "he helped out in the Emerald Dream". ^^

Let us know what you think!

Aariam
Site Admin

Postby Eluvere on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:25 pm

It is possible someone would want to be a hermit and flee the troubles of the world to live alone, but why sleeping your life away? If he has indeed been a druid for so long it would be questionable for others he did not yet spend significant time in the Dream, yet instead he chose to sleep rather than to just live or Dream. While night elf druids generally have a close connection to the Dream, entering it fully and consciously is a task of significance and requiring a certain focus, and as far as I know there are no accounts of doing so in shapeshift form.(There would be no reason to either, as in the Dream they are unbound to their elf form) Generally they sleep in barrow dens, together with their fellow druids and guarded by sentinels. One notable known exception would be Naralex who attempted to siphon Dream energy, and was only assisted by his pupils.

Enjoying a different form is fine, but you are still a night elf assuming form of a tree, not a tree. ;) Slumbering as a tree for hundreds, thousands(?) of years would be more than just a quirk, not something that just comes about in an afternoon, but something with a significant impact on the how and why for your character.

Furthermore, while it is non-canon but still a WoW source(WoW RPG guide -feralkin) and used in RP by many if not all, the notion of losing your elven mind could be something to keep in mind when building a backstory containing an extensive and extended use of shapeshift.
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Kiaran on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:01 am

Druids of the Claw had lost their minds during their hibernation when awokened by Malfurion during the Third War. They thought they were bears until Malfurion restored their sanity, so that definitely is possible.

Ad that's from WC3.
Kiaran

Character: Kiaran
Class: Hunter

Postby Ysgawen on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:22 am

Wow guys thanks for the help, I think I will build upon what Kiaran replied, a long hibernation period and then an awakening, losing his sanity then being restored might tie in nicely with him pursuing restoration as his path.Look forward to speaking again thx.
Ysgawen

Postby Aariam on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Well, you have my thumbs up. :) Just need another officer to vouch and we can set up an IC interview. :)

Aariam
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Bookshelf