Postby Lozariun on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 am

Char Name: Lozariun Goldbeak
Char Class: Druid ( of the Talon )
Char Level: 100
Char Age: 5999
Your RL age: 20 (soon 21!)
Your RL gender: Male

Background Story:
A simple story would be what Lozariun wants to leave behind once it is time, but unfortunately fate has pushed some errors in his timeline here and there. Born to a priestess and a druid in Moonglade, he naturally took to a more soft-natured personality in his early years, his abilities for the naturistic ways a clear sign of his further lifepath as time went on. He does have a deep connection to Elune, able to call the moonlight she shines on the world to aid him in battle, but nowhere close to to the abilities of a priestess.((I don't like casting arcane as a druid..And all moon spells are arcane..so here's my explanation to fix it!))

As all druids at the time, he too went into hibernation untill the war of the Shifting sands, before returning to hibernation untill the battle of mount Hyjal, awakening to aid Tyrande alongside his brethren and sisters to defend their precious tree. And from here, fate deemed it fit to disturb his peacefull life, his parents fallen during the fight, the first of many he lost in a short time regarding the battle of Hyjal. He went into grieving for a good while after that.
Ever since then, he has taken a more nomadic style of living, never truely settling in for too long, for there was little that tied him down to moonglade with his parents absent. He furthered his druidic trainings during this period of his life, visiting multiple shan'dos of the Talon, several hibernations and multiple spirit quests across the lands.

He lost his first mate to the Nightmare, her body found unwaking after the nightmare had crawled it's way in the stormrage Barrows, another one of fate's cruel twists.

In the more recent wars, he sustained some major injuries, giving him the nickname Goldbeak to the shimmering gold plate that covers his broken beak in his avian form, aswell as the scar on his nose in a stylized golden ornament.

He seems eager to continue to learn anything he can in his chosen path, but recently has gotten to the threshold of actually becoming the shan'do himself, with little left there is for him to learn.
He also seems interested in teaching the other races, an optimistic view perhaps, but he still thinks the other races can learn to respect nature more.

Currently, he guards the forests of Ashenvale from poachers, clearing their traps and raining thunder and storms on poachercamps to chase them away. He's also found new love, and can usually be seen not too far from her.

Why do you wish to join us?
As Eldorann before me, I too, am one from Darnassus/leafhaven/etc etc, alot of namechanges. I had fun in the guild, but as of late, it has died out of activity, no story or events happen these days, and alot of the active people have left.
I quite enjoy actually having RP, and as such, I hereby am looking at the Order to catch me in my desperate times. :)

Why does your char wish to join us?
Lozariun has been roaming for a long, long time, and finally has someone worth settling down with , or atleast slow his traveling down to spend more time together. As such, he's become a bit more interested in joining a group or enclave, and perhaps even start to teach the young ones to get them eager for druidism, or instruct the druids wishing to learn more about the Talon way.

Tell us something about yourself!
I don't mean to brag, but i'm amazing when you get to know me ;P
I've been involved with WoW since back in the days of Orcs and Humans, watching my older nephew play it, and eventually watching my brother play the other warcraft games (I suck at them, I enjoyed watching much more) and eventually started playing when I was like, 11 or 12, in late TBC. I only started RP in Cataclysm however, mostly on horde side while I did semi-hardcore raiding on Alliance. Eventually swapped my RP to Alliance, and when I quit raiding in MoP I went 100% Rp. And I have been RP'ing ever since, on a plethora of characters.
I'm a gamer, a student in Digital arts and entertainment (Game making, 3D models, programming, digital painting, etc) and a metalhead in the lightest of descriptions. I enjoy music(any kind will do aslong as it's good, but prefer the harder genres), have a love for cacti and reptiles, reading, swimming and good food, and am getting started with Warhammer 40K(Just the painting for now, not the playing). I've also done a little bit of MTG, but don't play anymore these days.
I'm also getting into blacksmithing on a more, hobby level, and am currently working on a chainmail shirt!

That oughta do it, right? :D
Lozariun

Character: Lozariun
Realm: Argent Dawn
Class: Druid

Re: Lozariun Goldbeak

Postby Salirien on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:26 am

Hey, thanks for the Application!

While most of your application seems fine, there are some points I would like to challenge! :) You say that he has a strong connection with Elune (which in and of itself is awesome ^^), and that he calls on some moon-related powers. You also claim all moon related powers are Arcane, but there is no basis for this in lore as far as I know. It’s also vital to note that Elune’s power is of a Holy nature, and not Arcane, and that a lot of Night Elf holy magic actually is related to the moon, and moonlight. So, if he were to use Elune’s power, it would be through conviction, faith and prayer, not alignment with a celestial body through Arcane magic. Though I might also mention that a lot of druidic magic is left vague at best :)

A Druid calling on Elune’s power is also something I would like to challenge. While it might not be impossible, druidic magic and holy magic are drawn from two different sources, and I believe I read once that there was a social taboo on people evoking the Goddess’ power if they were not of the Temple. I tried finding the source on that, but I was unsuccessful, so it might have been server lore? Not 100% certain. For Rp purposes I would strongly recommend either sticking with druidism or holy magic, though. Priestess OR druid, not a bit of both! :)

Thirdly (and this is conjecture) it seems to me as if celestial themed spells for druids were transferred to Druids from Priestesses in the shift from Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft to make the class’ Balance spec playable. This point is barely of importance though, seeing as it’s just my own thoughts.

Now, I’ve left you with a wall of text, mostly because I’d like to know what you’re thinking. I would like to hear your thoughts on the points I’ve mentioned! :)

(Also, awesome that you're getting into blacksmithing! Now I know who to call when the zombie apocalypse happens :D)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Eluvere on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:14 am

Hey and thanks for applying! :D

Your app looks mostly great, just to what was already mentioned;
I am with Sali on this, as that I actually believe the lunar/celestial spells and moonkin form to be a gameplay addition rather than something supported by lore.

That being said, I do realise though they excist ingame and many people like to use them in RP, and I am not against that. I however agree with Salirien again, a druid is a druid and a priestess a priestess. Druid balance spec spells can be hard to RP, but personally I believe dabbling in the distinct lore of another class is not the best answer.

Anyway hope we didn't scare you with our walls of text over that minor part of your app. ;) Looking forward to hearing your reply!
Eluvere

Character: Elu
Class: Druidess

Postby Lozariun on Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:22 pm

First of all, I didn't mean to claim ALL lunar magic to be Arcane. Just the druid ones. My imput on the lunar magic Loz uses is based on the in game descriptions of the moonkin and every druid lunar spell having the tag of being arcane.(they could have marked the damage as holy, but they marked it as Arcane, so might be interested to think about it a bit further in an OOC standpoint.) I'm well aware that lunar magic is holy magic, granted by Elune, and as such wanted to explain how he'd use those spells, in an RP setting.

But regardless, he would never use arcane. He'd draw his powers from Elune through
conviction, faith and prayer, not alignment with a celestial body through Arcane magic.
, as Salirien aptly puts it. But as said, his own abilities regarding those spells would only be a candle to the torch a priestess could hold.

But, if you feel like it might be a bit too far fetched that he would be able to call even a little of elune's power against his foes, then I'll simply drop it. He only used it once so far, so not a great loss. mybe just a loss in character development, but i'll see how it goes.

And, regarding the moonkin form, they're pretty much confirmed as soon as Legion hits, I won't post spoilers as to how or why, but, they're real xD
But, lozariun doesn't shift into one, nor would he know how to anyway, sooooo doesn't really matter to Loz anyway.

Anyway hope we didn't scare you with our walls of text over that minor part of your app. ;)

Well, it's your job to be reaaaally inquisitive on people's applications, I used to be in charge of such myself during raiding :)

But yeah, I hope that clears some of the questions up, I was just trying to explain how a druid might use the in game lunar spells (which get marked as Arcane) in a, more lore-friendly (or more logical in any case) way.
If you have any other questions, fire away :)
Lozariun

Postby Eluvere on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Lozariun wrote:And, regarding the moonkin form, they're pretty much confirmed as soon as Legion hits, I won't post spoilers as to how or why, but, they're real xD
But, lozariun doesn't shift into one, nor would he know how to anyway, sooooo doesn't really matter to Loz anyway.

But yeah, I hope that clears some of the questions up, I was just trying to explain how a druid might use the in game lunar spells (which get marked as Arcane) in a, more lore-friendly (or more logical in any case) way.
If you have any other questions, fire away :)

I know the moonkin has a totemstatue in Legion. ;) But that does not take away from the fact I feel the gameplay came first and the lore was slapped on later. Either way like we stated; we are not against someone roleplaying a druid with solar and lunar spells, only against that priestly faith in the Goddess would be used to explain casting it. I know this might sound arbitrary and I am sorry if it causes any inconvenience for your character.

If you are okay with that adjustment I gladly give you my thumbs up ;)
Eluvere

Postby Lozariun on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Fair enough, I'll just say it's just lunar magic then. :)
Lozariun

Postby Thondalar on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:32 am

I use Moonfire on my druid at times, and I RP it as being arcane-divine, much like the moonwells. I know its serverlore that its apparently REALLY hard to learn, but I personally go Lore > Serverlore.
There is nothing in lore which say a druid cannot use Moonfire, or starfire. Look at it this way: If you take into account the sun and moon are needed for the natural cycles of life to go on, better known as the "Balance." You use the "wrath" of the sun and the "moonfire" of the moon; it all depends on what time of day it is.

Which means my character do need a open sky and nighttime to be able to cast Moonfire.

Of course I may be completly incorrect, but since there is so little out on the subject, that is how I play it. Seeing as the spells are there OOC, and its mentioned in a questline, I would use them IC.
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Character: Thondalar
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Postby Lozariun on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 am

An open sky is easily gained when you are a druid of the Talon :) Or, atleast a gap in the clouds for light to pour through xD
Lozariun

Postby Thondalar on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:43 am

Of course ^^ But I mean he needs to be outdoors as well. He is unable to cast it indoors, or in a cave. But that is due to his age and experiance, more then a fact.
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Postby Aariam on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 am

How easy it will all be when Chronicle comes out (hopefully ;) ).

I think this has sparked a really interesting discussion, and I am glad we have not scared you away with it, Lozariun!

As Salirien and Eluvere have been the most involved in this application process, I will let them give the final thumbs up, but I think it is a good app and I like your style! :D
Aariam Nightborne, former Keeper of Nature's Grasp.

Site/web administrator - any questions about either can be sent to me in a PM.
Aariam
Site Admin

Character: Aariam
Class: Rogue

Postby Salirien on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Yeah, this has absolutely raised some questions, in a good way! You should be thanked for that :)

Also thank you Thon for the perspective! I think that's a nice way to look at it, actually.

So long as we can keep druids and priests distinctly apart, I will give the application my approval as well. (and thanks for raising a lore discussion!)

Contact me, Eluvere, Aariam, Aerandyr or Edradir in-game to arrange your interview :)
"Shine your light on us, Mother, for the day has grown long, and we are lost."
Salirien
Councillor
Councillor

Character: Salirien
Class: Priestess

Postby Thondalar on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:12 pm

I agree on that, Sali <3
Thondalar
Former Councillor
Former Councillor

Postby Eluvere on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Interviewed and invited! Welcome to the Order!
Eluvere

Return to The Bookshelf